Dark Messiah 360 - $19.99 w/freeshipping Newegg

I'm playing the PC version right now. It's okay, but I read that they changed a lot for the console version, and a lot of the changes weren't so good.

[quote name='msdmoney']I'm playing the PC version right now. It's okay, but I read that they changed a lot for the console version, and a lot of the changes weren't so good.[/quote]

I heard this too. People said that the ALREADY sparse RPG-style material that was in the PC version was taken out of the XB360 version.

[quote name='capsule']I've seen mostly average with a few good and bad reviews. Seems to be worth it for 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

52% composite score on gamerankings.com.

I got the PC version with my 8800GTS last year. It was all right, but the game was buggy and did not even run that well, despite just being a Source Engine game. I suppose they eventually fixed some of the problems, but I never bothered to go back to it. Too many other games out there.

I enjoyed the 360 demo, is the game basically the same as that, or any different (does anyone know)?

Edit: Ah, nevermind.. I went ahead and ordered it anyway.. now that's about $120 on games this month.. yes, this month, which just started two days ago, lol.

i actually really liked the demo. I bought the PC version Cheap from the Clearance Sale, so i will wait for it to drop further or become a Clearance find.

[quote name='Masterkyo']This game is released less a Month[/quote]

For the 360 version yes, but the PC version has been out since october of 2006. Its not that big of a surprise.

The game isn't horrible but I'd put it somewhere a good deal below Oblivion and above Two Worlds. It's fun but a little dated, so don't expect to be blown away. The story is a bit on the generic side but if you enjoy finding weird ways to take out enemies (i.e. kicking them off cliffs, throwing oil on them and hitting them with a fireball, or collapsing some barrels on top of them) then it's actually kind of amusing. The RPG aspect has been severely cut, as it auto levels for you and you select a class at the start rather than being open ended like the PC version. In my opinion you could do alot worse with your $20 dollars but if you are cash strapped enough to avoid games like Oblivion, then this game is definitely not the one to start with.

In for one, I missed the Conan for $9.99 at GoGamer.com, so this makes it up for me. Damn me and my impulse spending...

If you need me, I'll be in the cardboard box behind my local 7-11 playing my games.

[quote name='MasterYensid']Man the shipping to Hawaii is $13.36...Oh well, another great deal I cannot participate in. Sigh...................... :([/QUOTE]
Whatever dude you live in Hawaii. I gladly have a deterrent for buying shit games in exchange for living in paradise.

Well, seeing as it was $19.99 with free shipping and no tax for me, I went ahead and ordered it so I may one day be able to finish the multiplayer achievements. The game itself wouldn't be so bad except for quite a number of glitches and the like. Personally I'd say for most people it probably isn't worth it even at $20 unless you like Oblivion-esque RPGs and are willing to overlook some major flaws. It's probably akin to Two Worlds in that respect, although I have yet to play the latter myself.

I was gonna grab the 360 version at LAUNCH (glad I didn't) and instead bought the PC version for $12 shipped on fleabay (and it was like $5 at Circuit City not too long ago) seemed like a good game for the money I paid, but the multiplayer didn't look tolerable.

I guess if your desperate for a semi-decent game by the Arx Fatalis team It's worth $10 but $20 is still pushing it. Welcome to Cheap ASS Gamer.

I'm playing the PC version right now. It's okay, but I read that they changed a lot for the console version, and a lot of the changes weren't so good.

[quote name='msdmoney']I'm playing the PC version right now. It's okay, but I read that they changed a lot for the console version, and a lot of the changes weren't so good.[/quote]

I heard this too. People said that the ALREADY sparse RPG-style material that was in the PC version was taken out of the XB360 version.

[quote name='capsule']I've seen mostly average with a few good and bad reviews. Seems to be worth it for 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

52% composite score on gamerankings.com.

I got the PC version with my 8800GTS last year. It was all right, but the game was buggy and did not even run that well, despite just being a Source Engine game. I suppose they eventually fixed some of the problems, but I never bothered to go back to it. Too many other games out there.

I enjoyed the 360 demo, is the game basically the same as that, or any different (does anyone know)?

Edit: Ah, nevermind.. I went ahead and ordered it anyway.. now that's about $120 on games this month.. yes, this month, which just started two days ago, lol.

i actually really liked the demo. I bought the PC version Cheap from the Clearance Sale, so i will wait for it to drop further or become a Clearance find.

[quote name='Masterkyo']This game is released less a Month[/quote]

For the 360 version yes, but the PC version has been out since october of 2006. Its not that big of a surprise.

The game isn't horrible but I'd put it somewhere a good deal below Oblivion and above Two Worlds. It's fun but a little dated, so don't expect to be blown away. The story is a bit on the generic side but if you enjoy finding weird ways to take out enemies (i.e. kicking them off cliffs, throwing oil on them and hitting them with a fireball, or collapsing some barrels on top of them) then it's actually kind of amusing. The RPG aspect has been severely cut, as it auto levels for you and you select a class at the start rather than being open ended like the PC version. In my opinion you could do alot worse with your $20 dollars but if you are cash strapped enough to avoid games like Oblivion, then this game is definitely not the one to start with.

In for one, I missed the Conan for $9.99 at GoGamer.com, so this makes it up for me. Damn me and my impulse spending...

If you need me, I'll be in the cardboard box behind my local 7-11 playing my games.

[quote name='MasterYensid']Man the shipping to Hawaii is $13.36...Oh well, another great deal I cannot participate in. Sigh...................... :([/QUOTE]
Whatever dude you live in Hawaii. I gladly have a deterrent for buying shit games in exchange for living in paradise.

Well, seeing as it was $19.99 with free shipping and no tax for me, I went ahead and ordered it so I may one day be able to finish the multiplayer achievements. The game itself wouldn't be so bad except for quite a number of glitches and the like. Personally I'd say for most people it probably isn't worth it even at $20 unless you like Oblivion-esque RPGs and are willing to overlook some major flaws. It's probably akin to Two Worlds in that respect, although I have yet to play the latter myself.

I was gonna grab the 360 version at LAUNCH (glad I didn't) and instead bought the PC version for $12 shipped on fleabay (and it was like $5 at Circuit City not too long ago) seemed like a good game for the money I paid, but the multiplayer didn't look tolerable.

I guess if your desperate for a semi-decent game by the Arx Fatalis team It's worth $10 but $20 is still pushing it. Welcome to Cheap ASS Gamer.

bread's done
Back