Dark Sector Xbox360 ($6.69) PS3 ($8.35) Fulfilled by amazon

[quote name='hwmusic']Does this look like a good deal? Dark Sector got decent reviews.[/QUOTE]
This is a good deal but this game has been close to this price many times throughout the year and possibly last year as well so anyone who was interested in it probably already has it. Also, it's a very underrated game.

Nevertheless, thanks for the post, OP, and welcome to CAG.

If by chance you haven't played Dark Sector, I think you should if you're into the 3rd person cover/shoot games. I thought it was pretty well done, but the controls didn't feel crisp at times. Worth the cheapass price. Multiplayer is dead though and you'll have a hard time getting those achievements. If you're into that kinda thing.

"Dark Sector" is definitely worth buying for the above-mentioned prices. It has been in my backlog forever, but I finally took the time to start playing it and finished it over the weekend. Even though it is almost 2.5 years old the graphics stand up well next to newer games on the Xbox 360. Like mike.m said the controls aren't as tight as I prefer, but the ability to utilize the glaive and some of the other abilities that Hayden develops over the course of the game make it a unique experience that I enjoyed.

Adding another vote for dark sector. I picked it up a year or two ago for ~$8 and definitely got my money's worth. It's not the most polished game but it's legitimately fun - slicing up bad guys with a flaming boomerang is a good time.
I should probably get back to that game and finish it up at some point actualy - I've been stuck on the same second-to-last boss for a long time.

Dark Sector is definitely worth it. 6-8 of my online friends all picked it up last year and the MP was pretty fun with a whole room of friends.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE game! One of the worst I've ever played. It tries to be Resident Evil 4 and Gears Of War and falls way short. I'd rather play Quantum Theory than Dark Sector, and I won't touch QT with a 10-ft pole (I've learned my lesson LOL).

I picked this up at around the same price when MovieGallery went out of business, and I loved it. It's a Gears clone, yeah, but the glaive is fun enough to make it distinct and it's short enough that you can get through quickly.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']HORRIBLE HORRIBLE game! One of the worst I've ever played. It tries to be Resident Evil 4 and Gears Of War and falls way short. I'd rather play Quantum Theory than Dark Sector, and I won't touch QT with a 10-ft pole (I've learned my lesson LOL).[/QUOTE]

I liked dark sector more than gears. ps: having an over the shoulder camera view doesn't mean it's trying to emulate another game.

[quote name='mxpowar']This is a good deal but this game has been close to this price many times throughout the year and possibly last year as well so anyone who was interested in it probably already has it. Also, it's a very underrated game.

Nevertheless, thanks for the post, OP, and welcome to CAG.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I bought this game new from Amazon when BioShock 2 dropped to $19.99, and this game (Dark Sector) was only $5.99 for the 360.

The game is decent and enjoyable in the later levels. It's not really necessary to hold out for a 70 cent lower price for a game still in its shrink wrap. ;)

Its not a steak dinner with all the sides, but Dark Sector is a nice cheese-slice-and-soda of a game. Its linear, short and enjoyable. A fun breezy play through.

bread's done
Back