Dark Souls $15.99 FSSS Amazon PS3+360

Finally convinced myself to bite on this.

I classify this as an action /adventure game, this (in my eyes) would need to be a story centric game to be classified as an RPG.

[quote name='needler420']

And dark souls isn't a hard game. That gets overrated by casuals.[/QUOTE]

look up def of "jerk" and look in mirror and say that 2 urself. no its not so fun being hurtful is it wen it is u. its like mom jokes other ppl think they funny but wen its ur mom they say oh now my feeling hurt this is same way if some ppl think this game ise asy then 2 bad it dont mean they r "casual" gamer or "overrate" gamer get over it this game is not the easiest game. not every1 has degree in games like u do.

[quote name='guardian_owl']There are not plans in the immediate future to release a GOTY edition in the United States. If the game would just be tossed on the backlog you could hold out and wait to see if it will be released, but I kinda of figure if they were going to do that, they would of tried it for this holiday shopping season.[/QUOTE]

The GOTY is the "Prepare to Die Edition" I think. Which is out for the PC at least here.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']The GOTY is the "Prepare to Die Edition" I think. Which is out for the PC at least here.[/QUOTE]
Yep, in Europe on the consoles and Prepare to Die edition is the standard version for the PC since it didn't come out on PC until after they decided to do the DLC, like how the standard version of Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 is a GOTY-style edition. Astorias of the Abyss is the only DLC and it's what DLC should be, new content which was not developed at the same time as the main game but AFTER the game was released, for a time they weren't even going to have DLC.

Also, I'll just leave these here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LFz_j5fQA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNpLhv21BS0

Not really a great deal since you can get this on ebay for around 14$ with free shipping.

[quote name='Frany']Not really a great deal since you can get this on ebay for around 14$ with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is generally more reliable than some random eBay seller.

[quote name='Frany']Not really a great deal since you can get this on ebay for around 14$ with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I guess if you're lucky you can if you catch a good time or something but most (new) copies of Dark Souls are going for $18-22 after counting shipping. I know because I just listed a copy myself and looked a whole bunch of recently completely sales.

Really?! I'll take my 2 day prime over some random seller on Ebay

I was kind of disappointed to see Demon's Souls actually costs more right now than Dark Souls. I have been playing the crap out of Dark the past couple weeks and need a reason to boot up my PS3.

I was waiting on a sale for Demons Souls for under $10, when I found this for $6 at Target Clearance. Fun game so far and definitely a learning experience (I find this harder than Ninja Gaiden or trying to get high style points in Bayonetta).

Right now I am still at the beginning, and there are a few changes I would make next time I play through (I started as a Knight, should have probably picked Wanderer or Hunter for my play style. Looking at some build sites the only difference is around 1 or 2 rank points though.) The only thing that caught me really off guard was the dragon fire on the first pass (had read the wiki a little bit and thought that the fire was after you crossed).

Wow, got my copy today and it was GREATEST HITS!? I was NOT aware they had made this a greatest hits, needless to say I've already printed a return slip for it. I know not many people are as obsessed with those ugly red cases as I am, but it's something to keep in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dominick331']Wow, got my copy today and it was GREATEST HITS!? I was NOT aware they had made this a greatest hits, needless to say I've already printed a return slip for it. I know not many people are as obsessed with those ugly red cases as I am, but it's something to keep in mind.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize they made Dark Souls a GH title. Any idea of it includes the DLC? I'll happily trade you my sealed non-GH copy if it does. :)

[quote name='hpbbes']I didn't realize they made Dark Souls a GH title. Any idea of it includes the DLC? I'll happily trade you my sealed non-GH copy if it does. :)[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have DLC greatest hits is the same as black label.

[quote name='Dominick331']Wow, got my copy today and it was GREATEST HITS!? I was NOT aware they had made this a greatest hits, needless to say I've already printed a return slip for it. I know not many people are as obsessed with those ugly red cases as I am, but it's something to keep in mind.[/QUOTE]

It's understandable...I don't personally care about the red cases but I know what it's like. I personally will not buy a game unless it at least has its case and artwork...manuals are a plus.

[quote name='needler420']It doesn't have DLC greatest hits is the same as black label.[/QUOTE]

Offer retracted. Those red cases are hideous! ;)

Doubtful. If they ever did, it'd probably be something like $40, which is still more expensive than buying the game at this price and getting the DLC separately.

bread's done
Back