Dark Souls $25 at Zavvi.com 360/PS3

Should be noted that the 360 version seems to be backordered (usually ships within a month, it reads) and that the 360 version is also region-locked. This is a great deal for PS3 owners that want to save a few bucks on the fact that it's a European copy.

[quote name='gibbyva']They also have NCIS 360/PS3 for 12.95+0.99s/h ($21.65 USD shipped) for all you NCIS fans or trophy/achievement whores. That's way cheaper than any used prices in NA. I'm not sure about the region lock on 360 copy.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/elysium.search?searchFilters=R2FtZXMjZGVwYXJ0bWVudDpnYW1lcyoh&search=ncis[/QUOTE]
One thing that must be noted about the NCIS game is the only actor from the show to actually voice their character in the game is David McCallum(aka Ducky).

The rest are all played by other voice actors and not the actual ones from the show.:cry:

[quote name='keithp']Underrated? Really?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='neuropunk']Go back to your Call of Duty, fratjock poophead.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you gave this response neuropunk? Dark Souls has like a 89 on Metacritic so it is obviously NOT underrated. It has also sold better than Demon Soul's so more people seem to have been interested. I am going to assume you just do not like keithp.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Not sure why you gave this response neuropunk? Dark Souls has like a 89 on Metacritic so it is obviously NOT underrated. It has also sold better than Demon Soul's so more people seem to have been interested. I am going to assume you just do not like keithp.[/QUOTE]
Is your sarcasm detector busted?;) That's what I believe his response was.

Got this from Gamefly and playing it now, absolutely stellar so far. Gameplay is awesome, deep, and fluid, and the game offers a real challenge, which is becoming too rare in this casual flooded market. Plenty of character choices and varying playstyles. The whole game is turning out way better than the last, particularly the world layout, which feels more alive and connected than the disjointed and annoying hub system of the previous game.

Honestly, from a serious gamer's perspective, this game does so much right.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Not sure why you gave this response neuropunk? Dark Souls has like a 89 on Metacritic so it is obviously NOT underrated. It has also sold better than Demon Soul's so more people seem to have been interested. I am going to assume you just do not like keithp.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. As I read the OP my thoughts were "surely he means underplayed or even underappreciated by the general public cause this game was by no means under-rated by the press".

[quote name='Purkeynator']If anything, "over-rated" might be a more accurate term.[/QUOTE]

That word gets thrown around too easily. Dark Souls is not a big enough game to warrant the title. It's a good game that fans of the genre would like; nothing more, nothing less.

I agree that's it not underrated, however.

[quote name='Purkeynator']If anything, "over-rated" might be a more accurate term.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, and that's coming from a "souls" fan. I got my Demon's Souls dude up to level 145 and Dark Souls guy up to 92...put 60 hours into Dark Souls, beat it, and just felt like I was done with it. Demon's Souls I played through 3-4 times.

Dark Souls IS overrated. But that's certainly not to say it's not worth $25 bucks, it is.

i think the whole over/under rated is how well the game performs (fun, gameplay, challenge, etc) in comparison to the hype. I was skeptical of dark souls b/c of all the hype (and I played a lot of demon's souls*

once i sat down and played Dark S, i was hooked...it even exceeded the hype, and while challenging and unforgiving, it was (mostly) fair and (almost) always fun. the connected/open world design was really interesting, it felt more varied, and I liked the PVP a lot more.

the only thing that has burned me on it, are the 2v1 campers in the dark forest and in dark anor londo that gang up on covenant invaders. some fight fair, others are exceptionally cheap, and that's the only thing that's not that fun...(although it can be...chameleon is an excellent spell to grief campers with...haha)

anyway. my .02 whether under or over rated, doesnt really matter to me...the game is fun, rewards skill, invites repeat playing, etc etc. and at this price, it's hard to argue.

*till i got a level stuck in a black world tendency and w/o some serious grinding, there was no way i could get by...(i was waaay underpowered for how far i had made it in the game).

As a fan since Demon's Souls, this game isn't overrated. It's just as good as demons souls and larger as well. Both of the titles stand out in their own respects and just because it didn't get game of the year doesn't mean it's underrated. I personally would have picked it over what many out there consider "game of the year" and possibly game of all time...Skyrim...now which is overrated???

[quote name='thegreatone313']Dark souls is £14.95 which is $24 with another dollar for shipping. so $25
Paypal doesnt seem to work but using a debit/credit card does.
A great underrated game that will make you mad from the difficulty.
Had Demon's souls and loved it. So I gave this a shot

PS3
Zavvi Dark Souls Link

Xbox 360

Zavvi Dark Souls Link[/QUOTE]

How are you getting your prices? I converted 15.94 euros (the price with shipping) to us dollars on Google and other currency converters and got about $20.60. Am I missing something?

[quote name='zaff2000']How are you getting your prices? I converted 15.94 euros (the price with shipping) to us dollars on Google and other currency converters and got about $20.60. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, £ is the symbol for pounds (GBP), not Euros. The UK doesn't use Euros.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, £ is the symbol for pounds (GBP), not Euros. The UK doesn't use Euros.[/QUOTE]

facepalm.jpg

ty for pointing that out.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Am I the only one who happens to think that maybe Neuropunk was just being sarcastic and not serious with his 'fratjock poophead' comment?[/QUOTE]

No you're not the only one. The others are just too serious.

I gotta say, this game is definitely worth buying. I got it full price, have about 30 hours into it, and I'm not even half way through yet. I never got to play Demon Souls (only have an Xbox 360), but I would recommend this game to anyone tired of all the casual crap out there. I love the difficulty. I'm constantly learning what I did wrong at each death.

I agree that the game was buried under all the big titles, like Skyrim (a game I own, and love, but have touched only once since I got Dark Souls), and is highly under-appreciated. I hope the sales were well enough to warrant another sequel, and perhaps even a port of Demon Souls to the Xbox 360.

[quote name='gibbyva']They also have NCIS 360/PS3 for 12.95+0.99s/h ($21.65 USD shipped) for all you NCIS fans or trophy/achievement whores. That's way cheaper than any used prices in NA. I'm not sure about the region lock on 360 copy.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/elysium.search?searchFilters=R2FtZXMjZGVwYXJ0bWVudDpnYW1lcyoh&search=ncis[/QUOTE]
Damn, I'll have to see if the 360 version is region-free (probably not). As soon as I found out there was an NCIS game (like three weeks ago), I knew I wanted it, no matter how terrible it might end up.

[quote name='misterpiggybank']This is a really great price for dark souls. Especially at this price, and especially with this cover art.[/QUOTE]

That picture isn't the correct cover art. The actual cover art looks like the U.S. release:
606312_210056_front.jpg

[quote name='MadSkeetElite']No you're not the only one. The others are just too serious.

I gotta say, this game is definitely worth buying. I got it full price, have about 30 hours into it, and I'm not even half way through yet. I never got to play Demon Souls (only have an Xbox 360), but I would recommend this game to anyone tired of all the casual crap out there. I love the difficulty. I'm constantly learning what I did wrong at each death.

I agree that the game was buried under all the big titles, like Skyrim (a game I own, and love, but have touched only once since I got Dark Souls), and is highly under-appreciated. I hope the sales were well enough to warrant another sequel, and perhaps even a port of Demon Souls to the Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

I also love Dark Souls. I got 110 hours and have been enjoying it. I'm at the end of the game now just need finish up a couple trophies. Then time for NG+. I'm Killing all npcs right now for gear like blacksmiths etc.

I have Demon Souls also and unfortunately there will never be a port to Xbox. It was a PS3 exclusive.

Dark Souls is my GOTY for 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had been more interested in this instead of randomly deciding to just go and get it, even if the price difference is only $5 in savings! It'll still only total to about $32.xx from zavvi. So either way, it's a nice place to get a copy from (unless the wait is super long, but I don't mind if it's two weeks, thought I'd hope not longer). Thanks for posting it anyway.

Also price on the PS3 version (which is probably the only version people care about) is £19.95.

bread's done
Back