Dark Souls CE Strategy Guide- 11$ new - Gamestop

I was in there yesterday and noticed this price drop, too...damn good deal for the guide; it's an amazing resource for those playing the game. I'm tempted to buy a second one and keep it sealed as a collector's item...

Sigh, of course there is another thread. Like 7 pages back ( I stopped at 5, on my phone lol). Either way , good price and looks like a few peeps were able to get in on the deal since I've posted it. Just goes to show you how quick posts are on these forums when I check them literally 5-10 times a day and don't even remember seeing other thread lol

Oh I totally hear ya... I've missed some killer deals that popped back up after they were dead and made me wonder how I didn't see them

[quote name='Bawse']10POWERUP to save 10 percent on strategy guides online. Don't think there is a free ship code though[/QUOTE]
i keep getting invalid promo code messages. has this worked for anyone else?

[quote name='Madrocsz']Sigh, of course there is another thread. Like 7 pages back ( I stopped at 5, on my phone lol). Either way , good price and looks like a few peeps were able to get in on the deal since I've posted it. Just goes to show you how quick posts are on these forums when I check them literally 5-10 times a day and don't even remember seeing other thread lol[/QUOTE]

It's all good OP. I saw this in the store too, it's a good deal! Half tempted to buy one even though I likely will never get around to playing the game.

Remember that most of the guide doesn't apply to the game anymore

The new update made most of this obsolete since it has the old (wrong) info

What a bummer. I didn't know the guide was obsolete and I brought it today when I saw the price. I should have done more research.

[quote name='Ravenduo']What a bummer. I didn't know the guide was obsolete and I brought it today when I saw the price. I should have done more research.[/QUOTE]
Maps are still good, and really that's the only part you wont find easily in a walkthrough or a wiki

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Remember that most of the guide doesn't apply to the game anymore

The new update made most of this obsolete since it has the old (wrong) info[/QUOTE]

Yeah now I realize why it went on sale. Glad I didn't get it either. Its just meant to collect now. I was planning on getting it to use since I just got the game and I have demons souls platinum I figured it help with dark souls platinum guess not. Not that big a deal but glad I didn't waste money on something that i would store on a shelf off the bat.

Beyond pure stats, how is the guide 'outdated?' I'm assuming it still had boss strategies, item drops, etc that are relevant ... do it doesn't seem like such a waste of money to me unless the game is somehow dramatically different than what I played a month ago?

[quote name='Madrocsz']Yes its in store too, ill update op. Also, guide isn't obsolete if you don't patch like me lol. Just skip it[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that make it so you can't play online? The online features are half the fun for me.

[quote name='avatar94']Doesn't that make it so you can't play online? The online features are half the fun for me.[/QUOTE]

True no online, however this is just me, i found I paid too much attention to the messages and other people that I would blindly run around and get wrecked by things so I stopped lol.

bread's done
Back