Dark Souls III: Collector's Edition (GameStop/Best Buy) $130

Lol Dark Souls II CE is still available for $25 @ Gamestop. Itll be interesting to see if the developer wised up and make these more limited.

NOPE. Not falling for it again. Bought it at launch and it was stupid over produced.
For some reason you made me think of:

Prudent.jpg

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever trust the quality of these collector's edition statues/figures.

You would guess people would've figured this out by now. Fool me once, shame on me and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh. If it was just Game+Steelbook+Artbook or something, I'd be all over it. But I already got tricked with Dark Soul's 2, and I don't even like the stance of this statue.

Give me a Solaire in his Sun-Bro stance and I'd buy that shit all day. Or Patches kicking someone off a cliff.

Since Gamestop.com's main page advertises every single game as "ONLY $XX.99!" even if it's MSRP (I thought that kinda advertising ended in the 90's) I can't wait until this hits the front page as "ONLY $129.99!"

and then a year later the main page can have the same item listed as "ONLY $29.99!"

I love me some Souls games, but that is not $130 worth of content.  Sure the statue is nice, but the rest is pretty meh - the regular Day 0 edition has most of the stuff anyways.

Yeah still no word on the version with the Lords of Cinder statue? I feel like if they bring that to the states that will likely be much less produced so I would be willing to nab that with GCU and then wait on the inevitable price drop on this CE for the other statue.

I love the Souls games enough that the inner CAG in me says eff it and I would much rather pay for the CE or whatever right at launch to show my support.

Yeah still no word on the version with the Lords of Cinder statue? I feel like if they bring that to the states that will likely be much less produced so I would be willing to nab that with GCU and then wait on the inevitable price drop on this CE for the other statue.

I love the Souls games enough that the inner CAG in me says eff it and I would much rather pay for the CE or whatever right at launch to show my support.
From what I read, those are Amazon EU exclusive and limited to 2000 copies. It comes with both figures.

You guys must not be in the statue market much. A 16" polystone/resin statue can easily go for $400. Add to that the game, the other statue and any extras and $500 is probably a fair price.

That thing is going to be heavy as hell to ship though. If you can really only get it through Europe then the damn shipping might be $100 by itself.

I was so excited. I love the souls series and have the DAS II CE. Then I saw the statue... that is not a good looking statue. I don't mean the quality is bad, I mean the character and the pose are just off... Oh well unless it hits $30 I won't bite.

Because the Miyazaki-helmed ones aren't also full of janky garbage.

I'm surprised Demon's turned out as well as it did with him in charge. He's yet to follow it up with anything worthwhile. I'm just hoping he hopped onto DS3 late enough (because lol at the claims that he was actively working on it and Bloodborne at the same time) that he couldn't stink it up too bad.

Also, he has said himself in the recent GI interview that he thought many aspects of DS2 were better-designed than DS1, and are staying that way as a result. If you deem him so god-like, how dare you argue with his divine screed?

Last edited by a moderator:
how dare you argue with his divine screed?
Because when they asked him if Soul Memory would be in the game all he did was laugh it off and say no.

If he loved the second one so much, then why is just about everything in the game following the path of the first Dark Souls and Bloodborne? Actual invasions via an item, Soul-level based multiplayer, complete level design, working rolls, bosses with varying forms, and plenty of other changes. How is he supposed to respond to a question like that while employed by FromSoft? "Oh yeah, the game was absolute garbage, and we're here to make a competent version as an apology."

Nothing in any of the Souls games or Bloodborne comes close to the seemingly endless number of terrible design decisions in Dark Souls 2.

I love how the listing at GameStop completely omits the MetalPak from their "Dark Souls III Collector's Edition Includes:" bullet points. Apparently, even G$ realizes nobody gives a shit about MetalPaks.

You'd think for $130 Bamco could have ponied up for an actual Steelbook.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the picture on the item is for the collectors edition but the actual product (description, link & price $59.99) is  for the Day One Edition!? fuck 

This series seems way more popular now after Bloodborne and the DS2 rerelease on current gen.  I doubt this will sink to DS2 CE last gen prices.  I nabbed that sucker for what, $20 after GCU?  I don't know if I'll jump on this one.

bread's done
Back