Dark Souls is $34.99 at Amazon Free Shipping

It's better than Skyrim I can tell you that. Awesome game, got it Day 1 and about to beat it, plan to start ng+ too. It's just like a new Castlevania. In fact, it's fun sometimes to pretend like you are playing a new Castlevania done right when you play Dark Souls.

Great deal! Highly recommend, just need to have some patience in the beginning and you'll be justly rewarded w/ a wonderful experience.

If you don't own this game, do yourself a favor. Get this game! You'll see me running around various dungeons, and I'm always dropping my summon sign.

[quote name='Mad dog']It's better than Skyrim I can tell you that. Awesome game, got it Day 1 and about to beat it, plan to start ng+ too. It's just like a new Castlevania. In fact, it's fun sometimes to pretend like you are playing a new Castlevania done right when you play Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

I bought Dark Souls Day 1, put 60 hours into it in a week and beat it, loved every minute of it...but it's not even close to Skyrim. Dark Souls is a 9/10 but next to Skyrim it's a 7.5.

Of course, they're 2 entirely different games so comparing them to each other is like comparing Call of Duty to God of War.

I will say that Dark Souls is the better game to play if you're pressed for time since it can enrage you enough to stop playing. Skyrim just demands way too much time to be satisfied in a session.

[quote name='CaoPi']Heads up: the game save data is also locked for this, you won't be able to upload unless you have PS+[/QUOTE]

Can somebody explain the purpose for locking gamesaves? After my old PS3 died, (R.I.P. "Triple OG 60 gb") i just didn't have it in me to start over on my new one after so many playthroughs on games like Demon's Souls and Bayonetta. Cold as ice, mes amis!

Would you recommend getting Demon's Souls first. I know I want Dark Souls, but I feel like I missed out not playing Demon's Souls.

Stories arnt related, nothing is except the style of game it is. But I'm playin it and I'd advise that one first as I heard Dark Souls is harder and who knows how long Demon's Souls servers will last for in 2012.

[quote name='TheDealHunter']Would you recommend getting Demon's Souls first. I know I want Dark Souls, but I feel like I missed out not playing Demon's Souls.[/QUOTE]

Why not, you'll play a great game and by the time you're done, Dark Souls will be cheaper.

What do the people who have the game think of the patch?

I know I want this game, but wonder if it might fall a bit more in price in a few weeks before Christmas.

The new patch is good. The biggest thing is that there is more multiplayer (invasions and coop signs), so there's never been a better time for be more meat for the grinder.

I have a sealed Collectors Edition of Dark Souls for the PS3 that I was going to sell on Ebay, but would sell it for cost plus shipping to a fellow CAGer, if interested. PM me! :)

excited to jump into this one...i'm most of the way through demon's souls but hit a wall (with an underleveled character for where i am)....i was gonna power through before i started on the "spiritual successor", but the patch sounds too enticing, and i like how it sounds like Dark Souls rounds off demon's souls rough edges

Harder is fine, but i like the polish it sounds like Dark has, especially the more fleshed out multiplayer, which is one of my favorites parts of this series (nothing gets the blood pumping like an unexpected black phantom invasion...)

[quote name='sneakysnake128']The new patch is good. The biggest thing is that there is more multiplayer (invasions and coop signs), so there's never been a better time for be more meat for the grinder.[/QUOTE]

::ears perk up:: coop :D

Dark Souls is a fantastic, highly addictive game. The combat is fun and very precise, the environments and enemies are just gorgeous. This is my personal GOTY, a steal at 35 bucks.

bread's done
Back