Dark Souls Official Strategy Guide-$14.99 @ Gamestop (online only)

Hmmm, spend $20 to get it for sure and earlier than Amazon or hope Amazon gets a new stock in somewhat soon and spend about $14? Decisions, decisions.

Will the guide drop anymore? EDIT: Decided not to. Comic-con soon wasted a lot of money already. I'm just wait till Amazon has it again.

[quote name='Ribkage']Do they have a policy like a 30 day "if the price drops we will refund the difference" type thing like all stores?[/QUOTE]

Yeah anyone know? Otherwise im ordering this copy and returning it with my old receipt.

:)

Thank you for the heads up. Went ahead and ordered at GS and cancelled at Amazon.
Amazon's order was $17.73.
GS's order was $19.37.

A whooping $1.63 difference, so the choice was clear. Even though I hate and despise GS haha...

[quote name='GBAstar']This is one of those times I want to punch someone at GS in the face for banning my online account[/QUOTE]

Dont be so shady bro and you wont get banned

:beer:

Just letting you all know that I contacted GS and asked them for a price adjustment on my online order for the guide and they gave it to me. I'm not sure if they'll do it for you in store though.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Dont be so shady bro and you wont get banned

:beer:[/QUOTE]

Define shady...

They are the ONLY retailer I know off that doesn't set purchase limits; yet will ban someone for buying TOO much without defining what TOO much is...

If they are worried about reselling why not just limit every item to one per customer?

Total came to $13.50 after applying my PUR card.

10POWERUP - Purchase a Strategy Guide and get 10% off with your PowerUp Rewards card. Offer valid on strategy guides only. Not valid on backordered product. Expires 3/15/15 - Dark Souls Official Strategy Guide

EDIT: Placed my order for $17.79 shipped. Just a tad cheaper than ordering from Amazon as a non-Prime customer, but the shipping times are significantly slower.

[quote name='Master Troll']Total came to $13.50 after applying my PUR card.

10POWERUP - Purchase a Strategy Guide and get 10% off with your PowerUp Rewards card. Offer valid on strategy guides only. Not valid on backordered product. Expires 3/15/15 - Dark Souls Official Strategy Guide[/QUOTE]

With S&H, still a bit too pricey for my taste. Really cool, there's a code though.

I tried that code and got nothing. Did you buy the game at the same time? If you buy the game and the guide together you get 20% off the guide if you have the card, but if you buy them seperate, you get nothing.

No prob guys!! I was just browsing the price drops yesterday and noticed this. I'm guessing this is very helpful for a game like Dark Souls. I'm still deciding if i want to get Dark Souls.....hmmmm.

[quote name='nabuch']I tried that code and got nothing. Did you buy the game at the same time? If you buy the game and the guide together you get 20% off the guide if you have the card, but if you buy them seperate, you get nothing.[/QUOTE]

That code only works if you're on powerup pro, 10 % off worked fine for me when I ordered it.

Yeah, I cancelled my Amazon order and grabbed it here this morning and it shipped out right away. The Amazon deal is dead though so I'm sure Gamestop is going to wrap this up soon.

I am definitely in for at least one for myself. Are these possibly gonna be worth some money in the future? Are Demon Souls guides worth a lot?

bread's done
Back