Dark Star One - Broken Alliance (360) $19.99

basis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019GZ93M/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I'm not sure if Amazon is price matching anyone, but saw the price drop appear. Been wanting to get this for a while and I don't recall it being any lower. Granted the price can only go southwards, and the game isn't that epic in nature, but I really wanted to get this title so just sharing with other CAGs in case anyone is interested.

One of the boasted features of this sci-fi space sims was that you play it in full 1080p. Now I won't go into visual comparisons & nitpicking, as long as everyone has a good time with the game.

Cool, Gamestop has it new for $20 too and I nabbed one with a $10 off coupon from last year's sales. Thanks for bringing the game to my attention, OP.

I've had my eye on this even though I don't know anything about it. I guess I better read up on some reviews. It was defintely considerably more than $20 just a few days ago at GS because I was thinking of using it as part of a B2G1 - but it was $45 or $50 (used)! I'm glad I didn't do that.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']Is this game as good as Freelancer?[/QUOTE]

Not really, but still the closest your gonna get to it. :) specially on xbox.

Best Buy has had it for that price for a while, and its been back ordered for just as long. I ordered it I think almost a month ago now and its still on back order, but I used a reward zone certificate on it, so I can wait.

We were also looking at this during the gamestop sale. Gf wanted it. I read the back, and it sounded exactly like Freelancer, which I bought a copy of for the gf years ago, and it's still sealed (i played it when it first came out).

[quote name='Jonsoncao']Is this game as good as Freelancer?[/QUOTE]
Nothing will be as good as Freelancer :(

lol $1.25 trade-in value at Amazon. Once I get my credit from a trade-in, I will probably pick this up.

Is it like Star Control II on the Genesis at all? I recognize that was on PC but I only played it on Genny. Loved it. Even the repetitiveness...

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Colony Wars is also something I'd like to see again! I might get this game eventually.[/QUOTE]

It's rumored it will hit the European PSN here in the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping the 3 hit the US PSN, as well.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']lol $1.25 trade-in value at Amazon. Once I get my credit from a trade-in, I will probably pick this up.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't $1.25 a day or two ago. I think they sometimes purposefully drop the trade-in values substantially when the item goes on sale, then it'll go back up once the sale is finished.

[quote name='Shizaam']Nothing will be as good as Freelancer :([/QUOTE]

There were some interesting mods for that game. I liked flying around as a Rebel Alliance Cruiser, but with that many guns, I kind of felt bad for the pirates. I could destroy anything.

bread's done
Back