Dark void $14.99 xbox 360, PC , and ps3 $17.99 at Newegg

$15 ain't half bad of a price, even if the game isn't all that great, but I have a feeling it won't be long until sub-$10 prices, so I'll hold off for now.

It's a good thing Capcom expected horrible sales for Dark Void, so hopefully they didn't hit extremely huge losses.

Though Lost Planet 2 might do it for them ;)

But I thought the demo was good fun, might get it, thanks OP.

Cute.

I'll wait for sub $10 price.

LP2 might not score with critics but fans like it and the international community likes it. It may not hit 2.2 Million but I can see it hitting a million when all is said and done. I hope that if a third one does come around that they seriously fix the swimming and not being able to jump and grapple at the same time.

How's the pc version? DRM? My googlefu fails me as I keep finding forum posts about Dark Void Zero's DRM (horrible install limits).

[quote name='loomis1975']I thought I read somewhere that the only version of Dark Void with achievos was the Games On Demand version through GFWL download.[/QUOTE]

You read wrong.

[quote name='loomis1975']I thought I read somewhere that the only version of Dark Void with achievos was the Games On Demand version through GFWL download.[/QUOTE]

No achievements on a 360 game? There would be riots on the streets.

Only 360 games without achievements are : Demos and Indie games (which sometimes have their own in game achievements.)

Edit: Oh if your referring to the PC version... well guess I can't read either!

My decision is to wait until it drops even further on newegg, which is inevitable. Maybe not as far as Bionic Commando did, but it'll drop. I'm still miffed at getting BC for $13 in December, when I didn't think it would drop as much as it is.

I might bite at $10 new, might not wait to see if it gets THAT low. How low did BC get, $5.99 new?

Can't wait until lost planet 2 drops to this price thx 4 the find. I'm surprised capcom has released 2 mediocre games this year. They use to have a clean slate until dmc 2

[quote name='Strider2K99']No, they read right.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/community/newsarticles/pages/darkvoidgondcomingsoon.aspx[/QUOTE]

And YOU read wrong... He said "ONLY" version - just because the PC version has achievements doesn't mean the X360 doesn't - if I understand correctly ALL games developed for the X360 are required to have achievements - whether or not that's true doesn't really matter as the X360 version DOES have achievements - a simple google will tell you that if you can't take my word for it.. :roll: Usually on GFWL you can actually get achievements on the games, then get them same achievements on your X360 - they're technically counted as different games.

[quote name='powersurge']How's the pc version? DRM? My googlefu fails me as I keep finding forum posts about Dark Void Zero's DRM (horrible install limits).[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I'd buy this for $15, and prefer it on PC if it's clean. Definitely I'll buy the PC one for $15, MAYBE for console I guess.

[quote name='Izod517']You read wrong.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strider2K99']No, they read right.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/community/newsarticles/pages/darkvoidgondcomingsoon.aspx[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Izod517']And YOU read wrong... He said "ONLY" version - just because the PC version has achievements doesn't mean the X360 doesn't[/QUOTE]

It is common knowledge that all 360 games have achievements. Have from the very beginning. The first poster was clearly referring to the only PC version to have achievements.

Its painfully obvious that I was referring to the PC version, as the OP stated "PC with Achievements". This is what I was disputing. Its Captain Obvious that the Xbox 360 version has achievos and that the PS3 does not.

[quote name='malethief']Can't wait until lost planet 2 drops to this price[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm thinking by about Oct/Nov time we'll see it at $20, maybe sooner but by then may as well wait for Black Friday deals.

The only version of Dark Void for the PC that has achievements is the GFWL Marketplace version. Trust me, I have a non-achievement version that I got for free with a video card and there are NO achievements. If you buy it through the GFWL Client you will get the version with achievements enabled.

All GFW PC games that have achievements have the LIVE badge on the right, that's what the "L" is there for in GFWL. If it's not there, no achievements. Check out the boxes for Halo 2 and Dirt 2 for reference.

Oh a side note, in for one on the 360. Thanks op.

[quote name='Izod517']And YOU read wrong... He said "ONLY" version - just because the PC version has achievements doesn't mean the X360 doesn't - if I understand correctly ALL games developed for the X360 are required to have achievements - whether or not that's true doesn't really matter as the X360 version DOES have achievements - a simple google will tell you that if you can't take my word for it.. :roll: Usually on GFWL you can actually get achievements on the games, then get them same achievements on your X360 - they're technically counted as different games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Izod517']He said only version, not only PC version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, keep digging that hole. :lol:

That's so lame that only the GFWL Marketplace version has Achievements - why wouldn't they just patch the regular version too? Oh, sorry Izod517. I was talking about the PC versions. I wouldn't want to confuse you. :p

[quote name='powersurge']How's the pc version? DRM? My googlefu fails me as I keep finding forum posts about Dark Void Zero's DRM (horrible install limits).[/QUOTE]

Still wondering. Nobody knows? Weird if the full game really doesn't have bad DRM, but the $5 retro game does :LOL: I would have gotten that otherwise...looks cute/possibly fun.

bread's done
Back