Darksiders 1 pre-order reissue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first link for 360 shows $5.50, the second for PS3 shows $19.99. I guess try the 360 link and see if they hold the price (if you can't find it used anywhere else for the same).

put an order in. i really loved this game when it first came out. everything about it is very good, if a little uninspired. i forget the name of the demon that follows War around, but hes voiced by the one and only mark hamill. cant beat that :)

[quote name='tonybonjovi']OK...that's weird...PS3 just went to 19.99, but the Xbox is still at 5.50[/QUOTE]

hopefully its a special edition with somesort of bonus for the sequel. Darksiders was one of my favorite games in the last 10 years. I know its a knock off of some great games (God of war, Zelda, Portal, etc), but damn its well done. I dont have high hopes for the 2nd, but will buy it and hope its similar in style.

Bought the 360 edition. ALready have it for ps3 so hopefully it has a bonus or a coupon for the 2nd.

Ordered one, but not hopeful. This was the clearance price they had it for a few months ago and OOS ever since. Back then it was legit, but bestbuy is notorious for having random spurts of these types of mistakes in inventory status on things.

If you search around bestbuy.com, you'll find other pre-orders of games that have already been out and clearanced out. I don't think that BB like to clean up their online entity. :lol:

Great deal. I had a $5 GC I had to use anyhow. Got it for $.54 including tax. Great deal. The beauty of owning all the consoles. Now I can add to my plus 100 backlog. LOL!

[quote name='romodome']hopefully its a special edition with somesort of bonus for the sequel. Darksiders was one of my favorite games in the last 10 years. I know its a knock off of some great games (God of war, Zelda, Portal, etc), but damn its well done. I dont have high hopes for the 2nd, but will buy it and hope its similar in style.

Bought the 360 edition. ALready have it for ps3 so hopefully it has a bonus or a coupon for the 2nd.[/QUOTE]

How can you not have high hopes for the sequel? It looks AMAZING...

I've been debating about buying THQ stock since they've been so close to bankruptcy. it looks like they're pulling out all the stops to stay in business. They've had sales of all their content on both PSN and XBL recently. Now they're re-releasing this. Maybe management can turn the thing around? The stock is like 60 cents a share. Very speculative.

[quote name='GreyFox787']How can you not have high hopes for the sequel? It looks AMAZING...[/QUOTE]

Agreed, everything I've read and seen has me actually considering spending $60 on a game. The world is much bigger, it just looks badass.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Agreed, everything I've read and seen has me actually considering spending $60 on a game. The world is much bigger, it just looks badass.[/QUOTE]
Amen. This is one of my most anticipated games this year. Already put down my $100 for the CE, I have absolutely no problem giving my $ to Vigil Games. Also in for (another) one, thanks op.

Check out the new CGI trailer if you havn't already:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/guardian-trailer-darksiders-ii/728344

[quote name='robodaddyo']If you search around bestbuy.com, you'll find other pre-orders of games that have already been out and clearanced out. I don't think that BB like to clean up their online entity. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Like what? I'm not familiar with that you are talking about.

If anyone is on the fence, freakin get this game, especially at this price. It's such a great deal.

If I didn't already beat it twice, I probably would get it again. I am most definitely getting Darksiders 2 on day one.

[quote name='robodaddyo']If you search around bestbuy.com, you'll find other pre-orders of games that have already been out and clearanced out. I don't think that BB like to clean up their online entity. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Where are you finding these? I did a whole BB.com search filtered by video games, then pre-order, and also searched the Outlet, and this is the only instance I can find of something like this (an already long-released game up for pre-order).

I will happily accept any of the following from this order:

1. Darksiders 360 new (reissue)
2. Darksiders 360 used
3. Darksiders 2
4. Darksiders 2 pre-order item(s)
5. Darksiders 1 war figure
6. $5 Best Buy Coupon Code.

This parallels any of my Taco Bell drive-thru transactions. If the bag feels heavy enough relative to the amount I paid, I don't really care what's in it.

[quote name='Kerig']This parallels any of my Taco Bell drive-thru transactions. If the bag feels heavy enough relative to the amount I paid, I don't really care what's in it.[/QUOTE]

Haha, so true. Taco Bell's entire menu only uses about 4 different ingredients in various combinations anyway, so you might as well just be buying it by weight.

i wonder if the darksiders 1 re-issue will have the cool holographic cover like the 1st edition.

i found a near mint used ps3 copy (complete w/ holographic cover and manual) for $7 from blockbuster as part of their b1g1 free sale at least a year ago. it was worth it. joe mad's inspired, awesome art design blows away the generic kingdoms of amalur (a macfarlane project). the game is better than any zelda since majora's mask. even the story and characters were engaging and entertaining.

can't wait to play as death in darksiders 2. and if they keep to their word and make it even more rpg-like. wow.

and check out this great joe mad interview:
http://playstationlifestyle.net/201...oe-madureira-speaks-to-playstation-lifestyle/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kerig']I will happily accept any of the following from this order:

1. Darksiders 360 new (reissue)
2. Darksiders 360 used
3. Darksiders 2
4. Darksiders 2 pre-order item(s)
5. Darksiders 1 war figure
6. $5 Best Buy Coupon Code.

This parallels any of my Taco Bell drive-thru transactions. If the bag feels heavy enough relative to the amount I paid, I don't really care what's in it.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, my gut feeling for this one is:

7. Cancellation/backorder e-mail and eventual refund

I love the Taco Bell analogy, though...so true of a lot of fast food places, really. You're just paying for the cheap calories; doesn't really matter what you get.

[quote name='sgaldis']Unfortunately, my gut feeling for this one is:

7. Cancellation/backorder e-mail and eventual refund[/QUOTE]

I love the Taco Bell analogy, though...so true of a lot of fast food places, really. You're just paying for the calories.

love the 4/15-4/20 estimated ship date. I generally feel pretty good about anything 420, so I ordered..got the PS3 version that I played 20 minutes of, might as well double dip for the 360..

[quote name='sgaldis']Unfortunately, my gut feeling for this one is:

7. Cancellation/backorder e-mail and eventual refund
[/QUOTE]

that's what I'm expecting too. Worth a try for $5.50.

new gameplay reminds me of prince of persia.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ambitious-scale-darksiders-ii/728420

[quote name='PublikDefender']i wonder if the darksiders 1 re-issue will have the cool holographic cover like the 1st edition.

i found a near mint used ps3 copy (complete w/ holographic cover and manual) for $7 from blockbuster as part of their b1g1 free sale at least a year ago. it was worth it. joe mad's inspired, awesome art design blows away the generic kingdoms of amalur (a macfarlane project). the game is better than any zelda since majora's mask. even the story and characters were engaging and entertaining.

can't wait to play as death in darksiders 2. and if they keep to their word and make it even more rpg-like. wow.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/201...oe-madureira-speaks-to-playstation-lifestyle/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nypickle']that's what I'm expecting too. Worth a try for $5.50.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. Even though I'm not expecting it at all, I'm still gonna place my order, just in case...;)

[quote name='PublikDefender']i wonder if the darksiders 1 re-issue will have the cool holographic cover like the 1st edition.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/201...oe-madureira-speaks-to-playstation-lifestyle/[/QUOTE]

Amazon just got these back in stock recently and mine came in the mail Friday. I guessing it is the reprint because it does not have to holographic cover.

I enjoyed the game, and am I big fan of Angel vs Demons stories (huge Diablo fan). That said, I felt that Darksiders was clunky, and just absolutely mediocre at everything it did. It had a lot of great elements borrowed from exceptional game series games, but didn't execute any of them particularly well in Darksiders. Fun game, but once I finished it, it almost immediately left my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished Darksiders last week, and it was alright. It really starts to drag towards the end and the last 3-4 hours just made me want the game to be over with. Hopefully the sequel turns out to be a better game.

[quote name='freddykrugar']No longer available. It's now marked as coming soon.[/QUOTE]

So glad I placed an order despite being on the fence. I mean if the order is fulfilled, you'd be hard placed to buy a brand new game for $5.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back