Darksiders (360/PS3) $12.99 (+tax?)free ship from Newegg

So conflicted - great price but I have zero time to play it (my backlog keeps growing - thanks a lot Steam). Thinking it might be better to wait and see if it goes down further later on (after all, retail is only $20 now)

i jumped at the Newegg deal (PS3 version) even though I'm also stacked with games to play. One less game on my list, and not much money out of my pocket.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']PS3 or 360 version? Which get?[/QUOTE]

360 version was plagued with frame tearing, but a patch fixed that. I personally went for the PS3 version instead. Had to look around to find one with the holographic insert from an earlier shipment though.

Is this game even worth $13. Just finished Enslaved and would of been ok paying $30 for that one even though I only payed $14. So can anyone sell me on this game?

[quote name='dapunisure']Is this game even worth $13. Just finished Enslaved and would of been ok paying $30 for that one even though I only payed $14. So can anyone sell me on this game?[/QUOTE]

If you bothered to read the thread you're posting in you'd find a ton of recommendations.

I convinced myself I was going to wait for $9.99, but what the hell. My backlog got large again after the holidays despite the fact that I cut it down significantly, and my quarter is going to be a busy one so I won't have much time to play.

Thanks OP!

I kind of want to buy it, but I'm not big on Zelda or dungeon type levels so I probably wouldn't enjoy it. It's a solid price though.

In for one.

I've been wanting to get this for a while after hearing all the great reviews and watching a few playthrough videos. $12.99 with free standard shipping from Amazon sealed the deal.

Thanks OP and Uracat! :)

[quote name='kiun']Had to look around to find one with the holographic insert from an earlier shipment though.[/QUOTE]

UGH. And I just ordered this today! The holographic crap drove me crazy about the Greatest Hits re-releases of each Kingdom Hearts game; when they announced a move to Greatest Hits for KH2 and Rechain, I had to dart out to pick up copies that didn't receive the GH, non-shiny covers. Also related to KH and covers, I nabbed a copy of Birth By Sleep for $20 from Amazon only to find that it didn't have the sleeve over the case that most of the copies I've seen at retail do.

That being said, these little things drive me crazy, and you have ruined my night (unintentionally, I'm sure). :(

[quote name='martyback']It's appearing at $17.99 for me.[/QUOTE]

Seems that you are late: just checked Amazon and they are no longer offering the free Standard Shipping, changed to Free Super Saver Shipping. The price could be the same if you removed the charged Standard Shipping ($17.97 - $4.98 = $12.99), but you'd need to order something else to reach the requirements for the FSSS, which is $25.

The order I placed yesterday shipped a couple of hours ago.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Seems that you are late: just checked Amazon and they are no longer offering the free Standard Shipping, changed to Free Super Saver Shipping. The price could be the same if you removed the charged Standard Shipping ($17.97 - $4.98 = $12.99), but you'd need to order something else to reach the requirements for the FSSS, which is $25.

The order I placed yesterday shipped a couple of hours ago.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. I have Amazon Prime and Darksiders is available for free Two Day Shipping. The price simply is at $17.91 now.

[quote name='martyback']Wrong. I have Amazon Prime and Darksiders is available for free Two Day Shipping. The price simply is at $17.91 now.[/QUOTE]

Bud, make sure that you are checking the one that it's shipped and sold by Amazon and not from someone else. It seems that Amazon has it out of stock.

In Stock on January 10
Ships/Sold by Amazon.com
Eligible for Super Fast Saver Shipping

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Bud, make sure that you are checking the one that it's shipped and sold by Amazon and not from someone else. It seems that Amazon has it out of stock.

In Stock on January 10
Ships/Sold by Amazon.com
Eligible for Super Fast Saver Shipping[/QUOTE]

Ah. Following the link lead me to the higher priced one. Thanks for the clear up, sorry for being grumpy at you.

[quote name='martyback']Ah. Following the link lead me to the higher priced one. Thanks for the clear up, sorry for being grumpy at you.[/QUOTE]

It's fine ^^

Thanks OP. I bit on this.

Game slipped under my radar as it appeared to be another GoW clone. But after reading some of the comments here, it appears to be more Zelda than GoW, which sounds awesome.

For $12.99, I'll give it a shot.

Been waiting on a deal for this game. Apparently I waited a little too long. Should get it from Amazon in a few weeks.

[quote name='Warlock82']So conflicted - great price but I have zero time to play it (my backlog keeps growing - thanks a lot Steam). Thinking it might be better to wait and see if it goes down further later on (after all, retail is only $20 now)[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same as you. Got too many other game I bought during the holidays, not to mention I still need to beat AC: Brotherhood. Darksiders will probably be down to $10 sometime in the near future.

[quote name='easper']Been waiting on a deal for this game. Apparently I waited a little too long. Should get it from Amazon in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]
Deal's still hot at Newegg easper, unless tax kills it for you from over there...

Darksiders does Zelda better than Zelda itself.
I enjoyed it even more than OoT and WW.
You won't be disappointed by this game.

[quote name='sadakou']Darksiders does Zelda better than Zelda itself.
I enjoyed it even more than OoT and WW.
You won't be disappointed by this game.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I have it in my backlog, but been debating between starting that or Mass Effect 2. You may have swayed me.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Hmm, I have it in my backlog, but been debating between starting that or Mass Effect 2. You may have swayed me.[/QUOTE]

It definitely does not do Zelda better than Zelda but it is an amazing game.

So tempting but I'm going to hold out for $10... I JUST bought Bayonetta for $10 and if I saw this earlier I would have preferred it - I've been wanting to play through this...

[quote name='fieldkillah']Mine came today, and had the holographic cover.[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived today, no holographic cover. But the game came wrapped in shrink wrap, and not the manufacturer Y-fold wrap. The disc even had a fingerprint on it....yup this is a used one.

Amazon did the same thing to me with Dead Rising 2 for PS3 on the BF deal...I returned that one as I will this one as well. This better not start being a new trend with Amazon...I stopped shopping at Gamestop years ago for the same reason.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Mine arrived today, no holographic cover. But the game came wrapped in shrink wrap, and not the manufacturer Y-fold wrap. The disc even had a fingerprint on it....yup this is a used one.

Amazon did the same thing to me with Dead Rising 2 for PS3 on the BF deal...I returned that one as I will this one as well. This better not start being a new trend with Amazon...I stopped shopping at Gamestop years ago for the same reason.[/QUOTE]

Interesting that you point that out because mine looked vaguely fake shrink wrapped when I got it today too, but I figured I just didn't know any better.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Interesting that you point that out because mine looked vaguely fake shrink wrapped when I got it today too, but I figured I just didn't know any better.[/QUOTE]

It's just the point of principle with me. With DR2 I returned, and they sent me another resealed used (though like new) a second time. I returned again for a refund.

I don't know whether to chance it again or just get a refund. Hmmm...

EDIT: I decided to try a replacement as I really want the game. At least Amazon can now schedule UPS to come to your house to pick up and they bring the return label. Here's hoping the replacement is actually a new copy, if not, then I'll ask for a refund and just get the game off of Steam during their Summer Sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']It's just the point of principle with me. With DR2 I returned, and they sent me another resealed used (though like new) a second time. I returned again for a refund.

EDIT: I decided to try a replacement as I really want the game. At least Amazon can now schedule UPS to come to your house to pick up and they bring the return label. Here's hoping the replacement is actually a new copy, if not, then I'll ask for a refund and just get the game off of Steam during their Summer Sale.[/QUOTE]

What happens if you just complain to CS about it? Maybe they give you some credit back or something? I don't think I care enough to go through a return process.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot this was from Newegg, so probably not as easy a CS battle as with Amazon.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']It's just the point of principle with me. With DR2 I returned, and they sent me another resealed used (though like new) a second time. I returned again for a refund.

EDIT: I decided to try a replacement as I really want the game. At least Amazon can now schedule UPS to come to your house to pick up and they bring the return label. Here's hoping the replacement is actually a new copy, if not, then I'll ask for a refund and just get the game off of Steam during their Summer Sale.[/QUOTE]

Wow -- that's pretty crazy for Amazon to do that. I've never had that happen to me by any retailer (knocks on wood) besides Gamestop (and we all know Gamestop to do this -- I stopped buying from Gamestop in 2007 and haven't stepped foot in one since -- and never will again).

I don't have any particular place I go for games -- Amazon though is a personal favorite; I hope this sort of practice by them is a rare, rare, RARE act.

[quote name='FadeToOne']What happens if you just complain to CS about it? Maybe they give you some credit back or something? I don't think I care enough to go through a return process.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot this was from Newegg, so probably not as easy a CS battle as with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Well, that renews my faith in Newegg. I complained to CS and they said they are going to refund my $12.99 and didn't ask for the game.

On one hand, that seems like an admittance of guilt, but on the other hand, I now have a free game.

You underestimate newegg's CS. I find their CS much, much better than amazon's. Especially since Amazon's lately hasn't been so great.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Mine arrived today, no holographic cover. But the game came wrapped in shrink wrap, and not the manufacturer Y-fold wrap. The disc even had a fingerprint on it....yup this is a used one.

Amazon did the same thing to me with Dead Rising 2 for PS3 on the BF deal...I returned that one as I will this one as well. This better not start being a new trend with Amazon...I stopped shopping at Gamestop years ago for the same reason.[/QUOTE]

Many, but not all new ps3 and xbox360 games, have the Y-folds. Another manufacturer wrap utilizes a seam along the edges. IIRC I've seen two different wraps for new copies of Darksiders ps3. The original one (w/the holographic cover) had the y-folds. The later printing (w/o holographic cover) did not have the y-folds. Both turned out to be factory sealed copies (the store employee showed me the different wraps)

Like you mentioned, the better check is to examine the disc to see if it has any obvious signs of use.

[quote name='bruceg']Many, but not all new ps3 and xbox360 games, have the Y-folds. Another manufacturer wrap utilizes a seam along the edges. IIRC I've seen two different wraps for new copies of Darksiders ps3. The original one (w/the holographic cover) had the y-folds. The later printing (w/o holographic cover) did not have the y-folds. Both turned out to be factory sealed copies (the store employee showed me the different wraps)

Like you mentioned, the better check is to examine the disc to see if it has any obvious signs of use.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Bioshock (PS3), for instance, did not have a y-fold wrap It was the other wrap with the slip-cover over it. I checked all copies at Best Buy and they were all like that. But I was not aware that some copies of Darksiders use this alternate wrap...extremely few games do.

But I found a rather large (and greasy looking) fingerprint streak/smudge on the disc and the case plastic had that dull worn look. It was immediately apparent it was used. Mine was through Amazon...so I already have UPS pick up the game to send back and the replacement is on the way.

But if you get a non-y-fold wrap...always check the content.

Yesterday, I just saw the same game (Midnight Club LA Complete ps3) with two different wraps, at two different brick & mortar retailers (one with the folds and one without). Like you, I check the copies at different stores to see what kind of wrap they utilize when I think that I may possibly have received a resealed game online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive never once got a used copy of a game from newegg even when some people thought they got a used one my copy was always new. The whole none reflective cover might not be in the newest copies of the game to save money on production cost.

I finished this last month and loved it. Definitely Zelda May Cry. You get cool chime every time you unlock a door/find a treasure chest, heart pieces, boomerang/hookshot puzzles, DMC move buying system, a "Devil Trigger" (which most games seem to have nowadays), and the game even has its own unique bottles. I agree with above that it almost does Zelda better than Zelda because the fighting is way more satisfying. My only gripe was the boss fights were too easy once you get your devil trigger. They were all still epic boss battles though.

I passed it on to my cousin to play but now tempted to grab another copy for a future second play through.

Hey, all. Question about the game (probably not the right place to ask): If I missed a Wrath Shard or Life Shard somewhere along the way, is there anyway to backtrack and get it? I missed a Wrath Shard. :bomb:

Great game, by the way. Just got it yesterday and I already played over six hours.

Wow this is a great deal for new... i got this a couple months ago for this price from a gamefly sale.. I'm about 12 hours and loving every minute.. a true "gamers game" if that makes sense.

bread's done
Back