Darksiders $42.99 amazon (xbox 360)

I ordered this a few days ago (should be coming today) because I had a 10$ gc towards my next game. I only hear good things about darksiders. I'm assuming its cheaper due to the frame rate issues and screen tearing but I keep hearing its been patched (for those that are connected).

This is such a great game. I'm about ten hours in and loving every minute of it. I love how the only bad things that are mentioned in the reviews are that it borrows from other games like Zelda and God of War. Trust me folks, that's a good thing.

And yes, the screen-tearing was patched about two weeks ago and is now non-existent.

Get this game now!

i actually played the game but for the ps3 n i gotta say it was pretty good-nothing so freaking new that you have to go buy it now-but it is a fun game nonethe less.

-graphics were cool-cool weapons/upgrades-story was alright nothing great just o.k-game is way better than worse though-

biggest gripe was that the block and dash button are one in the same-so if your holding down block-n try to turn left or right-to block an incoming attack youll dash towards that direction instead of blocking the attack-(im guessing this could have been done so you just dont stand there blocking all day-n rely more on the moment counter blocking/parrying).in either case it can be annoying.

all in all game was fun-new weapons/upgrades/locations-a little Puzzle solving -kept the game from feeling repetitive-

this game would have been real sweet if it wasnt for the fact that god of war 3 is coming out soon and that the story isnt really all that captivating to keep you hooked.- (why play something thats like god of war when you can actually save your cash n play the real thing) for full price or even $50 i would say skip it but for $40 you should at least try it out. As it is a pretty fun game.

so in my opinion you should buy it since it is easily worth $40 dollars-maybe not $50 or more but you cant go wrong with $40. So buy it play it have fun with it with wich you will-then sell it or trade it and get your $30ish trade in value.

about $15-$20 to play a game like this totally worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maddog66']It did not sell worth a squat.[/QUOTE]

Darksiders developers Vigil Games has stated on its community blog that the action adventure title has sold 500,000 copies following its release in early January, which would indicate a major success for the original IP...
Source

Not bad for a new series with little hype leading towards its launch.

Does it borrow from God of War and Zelda? Yeah. Other games borrow from other games. I've played through a few hours into the game and even from the early impression, it uses these systems well.

Highly recommended.

[quote name='maddog66']Decent game, however, the price for that game will drop fast. It did not sell worth a squat.[/QUOTE]

Most of these types of games drop in price relatively quick regardless of sales.

[quote name='Thrinn']Source

Not bad for a new series with little hype leading towards its launch.[/QUOTE]

Official numbers show more than 1.2 million sales.

Good game; I picked it up for $40 at newegg a few weeks ago.

It gets a lot of flak on message boards for bringing nothing new. Yet GoW3 will be the third (or fourth with the PSP title) iteration of the exact same thing with shinier graphics and it will be heralded as the second coming.

To each their own, but I had a ton of fun with this game.

Picked this up. Hopefully I can get through it before Final Fantasy XIII drops! I really like the chunky and colorful look of the characters, like World of Warcraft has invaded the consoles. :)

[quote name='Brownjohn']Official numbers show more than 1.2 million sales.[/QUOTE]

I think I read on IGN yesterday that it had shipped (not sold) over a million. That said, the sales were still really strong I think.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if this price was just lowered for a few more days before they push it back up closer to the MSRP. Again, I think that the screen tearing and complaints like that were the cause of the price change and now that theres a patch it wont be an issue.

[quote name='maddog66']"Darksiders didn't perform up to THQ's expectations, likely selling less than 1 million units despite heavy marketing dollars, 2-3 years of development costs, and was also subject to discounting just 2 weeks after its release," It moved some units, but not as many as they'd hoped.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/darksiders-sales-disappoint[/QUOTE]Just because an analyst predicts the game isn't meeting sales expectations, doesn't necessarily mean it's selling poorly, it could just as easy mean THQ has predicted the market's reaction incorrectly. Even if the game only sold through half a million copies in the month it's been out, I wouldn't say the game "didn't sell squat."

Last edited by a moderator:
Christ, people sure get up in arms here. I pry shouldn't have used the word "squat" and just said it wasn't selling up to expectations, but oh well. I figured that since myself and many others found the game to be mediocre (worth a good rental) that the sales wouldn't be that good and there would be a lot of copies sitting around. I didn't come in here to get in a fight, but if you want to have a pissing match, have fun doing it with yourself.

screw darksiders I already bought it at MSRP. No buyers remorse here.

BRING ME THE BAYONETTA PRICE DROPS DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

still waiting to pick that one up. and darksiders is an awesome game people. And whether it sold a lot or not, THQ already announced a sequel is in the works due out in 2011. so it must have sold enough.

I've heard nothing but good things but I suppose I'll wait for a much further price drop. Still for $40ish can't go wrong for 20 hours of gameplay of It's calibur.

I'm really looking forward to playing this game. A friend of mine is going to let me borrow his copy of it when he's finished with it, and he'll be borrowing my copy of Bayonetta.

[quote name='maddog66']Christ, people sure get up in arms here. I pry shouldn't have used the word "squat" and just said it wasn't selling up to expectations, but oh well. I figured that since myself and many others found the game to be mediocre (worth a good rental) that the sales wouldn't be that good and there would be a lot of copies sitting around. I didn't come in here to get in a fight, but if you want to have a pissing match, have fun doing it with yourself.[/QUOTE]I'm not up in arms about anything. I thought we were having a decent conversation about the game's reception. Sorry if it got you upset. :grouphug:

[quote name='maddog66']"Darksiders didn't perform up to THQ's expectations, likely selling less than 1 million units despite heavy marketing dollars, 2-3 years of development costs, and was also subject to discounting just 2 weeks after its release," It moved some units, but not as many as they'd hoped.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/darksiders-sales-disappoint[/QUOTE]

I saw this information as well but the newer reports are conflicting. Joystiq had this article, showing 1.2 million in sales:

http://i.joystiq.com/2010/02/03/darksiders-rides-into-1-2-million-homes-thq-financially-recover/

I am looking forward to playing this but waiting on a sub $30 price point.

bread's done
Back