Darksiders II & guide $55 TRU

nabuch

CAGiversary!
You get the guide, all 386 or so pages, free, when you buy the game, and you can use the $5 off cpn mentioned in another post. The guide comes with a code for a weapon, and the game comes with an online pass code and a code for Argul's Tomb, another dungeon. I just bought it and the guide looks pretty impressive, 298 pages just on the walk through alone.

[quote name='Strell']So you get everything as if you had preordered somewhere, plus a guide and $5 off?[/QUOTE]If you're talking about the Argul's Tomb DLC, which is the first planned DLC release and not yet available, all first-run (i.e. "Limited Edition") copies have a code for that included, as well as an online pass.

Preorder bonuses (from Amazon, GS, and Best Buy) ranged from exclusive weapons to additional sidequests and power-ups, but TRU was unable to get anything like that.

I have a preorder at Gamestop and am trying to determine what is the better "value" here. I'm fairly sure the GS preorder had additional side quests, which I don't know if I have any interest in anyway due to A) this game being fairly long from what I understand, and B) CAG affording me a wonderful backlog.

[quote name='Strell']I have a preorder at Gamestop and am trying to determine what is the better "value" here. I'm fairly sure the GS preorder had additional side quests, which I don't know if I have any interest in anyway due to A) this game being fairly long from what I understand, and B) CAG affording me a wonderful backlog.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way (sans having it preordered at GS), but I'm hoping the "exclusive" preorder bonuses--at the very least, those with gameplay-extending aspects such as the sidequests--will make their way online eventually for separate purchase, and by then the game will be $30-$40 and it won't be much of a cost difference to buy the game and DLC at that point. If these "Limited Editions" are like Bulletstorm's "Epic Editions", then they won't disappear too quickly and will still be around when the game drops in price.

Obviously there's some risk to my reasoning, but that's what I'm doing. My backlog's waaaay too big to add a release-day game to it. :razz:

I feel like this is a bigger release than Darkness II but I have never seen a non-LE of that. Im sure these will be plentiful for the first few months.

In December, I could probably go to a local Kmart and still find one

I've been hearing great things from friends about the game and how it's worth the price, so $55 sounds like an acceptable deal for it. With that said, given THQ's last big release, Saint's Row the 3rd, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing deals for this game a month or two after release. Since I just got P4A, I can wait.

For anyone that wants to get this at BBY, PM Fry's if you have 1 near you for $49.99 and still get the guide for $10. Also try and look for the one that has an slipcover because that has the preorder DLC inside.

[quote name='joaryche']do you think gamestop would ad match and provide a deal on the guide?[/QUOTE]

I don't think GameStop price matches anyone unfortunately.

bread's done
Back