Darksiders price drop - Gamestop $39.99 (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the used version also get the $10 credit? It appears that they do not specify between used and new.

Never mind. Stupid question. It appears only the new item specifies that there is a bonus item associated, as I would have imagined.

[quote name='Alex2290']So is this a bad game or something? I have not seen bad reviews for it but everyone seemed to want to get rid of it quickly and the price is dropping very fast.[/QUOTE]

If I had a dime for every time someone says something like this in a price drop/ sale thread.... :roll:

[quote name='token2k6']I hate that the online prices differ from in-store..give it to me at the 'advertised' price of $32.99 and I'd bite..for some reason, the in-store extra $2 gets under my skin..like the nerve of those people![/QUOTE]

The in store prices are slightly higher to cover the increased overhead that comes with employees, rent, etc.

By the way, to those who get a new(or used) copy of this game with the unused 'redeem' code voucher in it, they FINALLY(took fuckin' forever) announced what you're getting for holding onto that voucher for so long.

From the Darksiders blog site:

The Mystery Code Revealed!

Still hanging onto that mystery code? Good, because this is what you're getting:
  • A digital Hellbook disc featuring Darksiders art, videos, and other awesome stuff!
  • A free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla, a third person shooter featuring fully destructible environments... on Mars! To learn more about RF:G, go here.
    • Click here to receive the 360 version.
    • Click here to receive the PS3 version.
Once you click on which version you want, enter your Promo Code and click "Apply."
This offer is only available to US residents and ends March 7, 2010. Shipping and handling not included.

Shipping and handling NOT included though?!?!?! If it's only like $5 shipping, I'm in for my free copy of RF:G and digital Hellbook disc.

Ahhh. Who am I kidding, I'll pay up to like $10 shipping at least.

This is a nice bonus though for everyone who bought one of the first run copies and got the voucher.

EDIT: Shipping is $5 and they automatically add in 'extended download service', which you have to delete to make it $5. Otherwise, it's coming up as $10.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']By the way, to those who get a new(or used) copy of this game with the unused 'redeem' code voucher in it, they FINALLY(took fuckin' forever) announced what you're getting for holding onto that voucher for so long.

From the Darksiders blog site:

Shipping and handling NOT included though?!?!?! If it's only like $5 shipping, I'm in for my free copy of RF:G and digital Hellbook disc.

Ahhh. Who am I kidding, I'll pay up to like $10 shipping at least.

This is a nice bonus though for everyone who bought one of the first run copies and got the voucher.[/QUOTE]
oh damn, my gamestop has like 7 copies of this game used. If they have a used copy with the bonus code still, count me in!

Under 'details', it's coming up as 'electronic download', so they plan on having people digitally download RF:G? WTF!?!?!?! I'm gonna contact customer service before I complete this transaction cuz there's no way in hell I'm paying for a DD of a game I already own on disc format.

Just to let everyone know, I ordered online using the feb10off code for 10% off my order, and I just received the email with the code for the $10 credit, so fear not about using the 10% code.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Just to let everyone know, I ordered online using the feb10off code for 10% off my order, and I just received the email with the code for the $10 credit, so fear not about using the 10% code.[/QUOTE]
I just got my code as well. And I used the SAVER and 10% February code. Definitely worth it. Time to pre-order Heavy Rain for me, I think :)

EDIT: Just pre-ordered Heavy Rain for 53 bucks, shipped too. Not too shabby :) I was going to get it on release day anyways, so might as well save a few bucks. That $10 code made it happen ;)

Yep. Got my $10 off code, saver and 10% off. And hopefully getting a copy of rfg for my buddy to play against/with online. Hopefully the new ones we are ordering from gamestop still have that voucher?

I am going to get it for sure. Just need to decide between getting it for 360 or PS3. It seems like everyone is getting it for PS3 (id prefer 360 since I play it more) are the problems fixed for the 360 version?

[quote name='Velo214']Yep. Got my $10 off code, saver and 10% off. And hopefully getting a copy of rfg for my buddy to play against/with online. Hopefully the new ones we are ordering from gamestop still have that voucher?[/QUOTE]

As I said just a few posts above, it appears that the 'free copy of RF:G' is an electronic download. The details screen that comes up you click 'details' on the 'order' page lists it as such and it also lists a billing address but no shipping address, which makes me think that it's a digital download only.

If so, they better fix that fuckin' blog post of theirs, since it says the Hellbook is a 'disc'.

[quote name='jd2k9']I am going to get it for sure. Just need to decide between getting it for 360 or PS3. It seems like everyone is getting it for PS3 (id prefer 360 since I play it more) are the problems fixed for the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

They released a patch a couple weeks after release that supposedly fixed all the issues. I can't tell you for sure if everything was fixed or not, though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
If so, they better fix that fuckin' blog post of theirs, since it says the Hellbook is a 'disc'.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but right before 'disc' it says 'digital'. Now, for the sake of argument, I know all discs are in fact digital, but perhaps they put an extra word (being 'disc') in there or a bad copypasta job??

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As I said just a few posts above, it appears that the 'free copy of RF:G' is an electronic download. The details screen that comes up you click 'details' on the 'order' page lists it as such and it also lists a billing address but no shipping address, which makes me think that it's a digital download only.

If so, they better fix that fuckin' blog post of theirs, since it says the Hellbook is a 'disc'.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how it can be a digital download when it specifically says 360 or PS3 in the cart. Since RF:G isn't available digitally for the consoles I imagine they will be mailing a disc. It really wouldn't make sense to offer a PC digital copy for people that got the code with a console version either

will the $10 bonus code be given out if you buy a used copy, or only on new copies?

It'd be sweet to get a used copy with cag16 and edge for like $26, and get the bonus $10..

[quote name='Brownjohn']They released a patch a couple weeks after release that supposedly fixed all the issues. I can't tell you for sure if everything was fixed or not, though.[/QUOTE]
The 3 beep bad shutdown/restart problem on the PS3 version is still happening though.:cry:

I've had it happen about 2-3 times to me already.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't see how it can be a digital download when it specifically says 360 or PS3 in the cart. Since RF:G isn't available digitally for the consoles I imagine they will be mailing a disc. It really wouldn't make sense to offer a PC digital copy for people that got the code with a console version either[/QUOTE]

I suspect both RF:G and bonus disc will be shipped in those cardboard mailers to save money, just like GH:VH was.

How likely is it to get a mystery code in a used copy through GS.com?

Does cag16 stack with Edge discount? If so I'll have to see if any of my friends still have a card.

So, err, did they ever tell you what the code is for? The earlier copies have this piece of insert with a code on it that tell you to go on-line and find out...

[quote name='Serpentor']So, err, did they ever tell you what the code is for? The earlier copies have this piece of insert with a code on it that tell you to go on-line and find out...[/QUOTE]

See post #154 in this thread. I posted that they FINALLY revealed the bonus for the code TODAY.

You get a copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla for either PS3 or 360 and a supposedly disc version of a digital artbook on a cd/dvd.

But you DO have to pay $5 shipping for it.

Unfortunately, it's listed as 'electronic download' under details on the info/payment screen. So it might be a digital download for both.

But I plan on holding THQ to the 'disc' thing in their blog post from today for both.

I just picked up a used copy of Darksiders

used feb10off coupon and a previous 10 off future order coupon that I had, yup it let me combine them.

Came to 20.86 after tax....not bad at all.

Maybe i'll get lucky and the used copy will have the code for RFG in it as well...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']See post #154 in this thread. I posted that they FINALLY revealed the bonus for the code TODAY.

You get a copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla for either PS3 or 360 and a supposedly disc version of a digital artbook on a cd/dvd.

But you DO have to pay $5 shipping for it.

Unfortunately, it's listed as 'electronic download' under details on the info/payment screen. So it might be a digital download for both.

But I plan on holding THQ to the 'disc' thing in their blog post from today for both.[/QUOTE]

I redeemed the code and paid the $5 for shipping, but there was no download URL or anything, so I'm pretty sure they are both discs. Apparently it looks like the THQ service is usually a PC service, but this is a one time deal with an expiration date.

Just to let everyone know, I ordered online using the feb10off code for 10% off my order, and I just received the email with the code for the $10 credit, so fear not about using the 10% code.

how long did it take? I ordered mine the same way this morning and got the order confirmation right away but nothing about the code for $10 off. I would like to turn around and use this right away so just wondering how long before the code came thru.

I just finished up my order for the Red Faction: Guerrilla and artbook 'disc'. They sent me an email with both a shipping and billing address in it, so it would appear that the offer is for DISC versions of both.

Here's to hoping it doesn't take 4-6 weeks to get to me though.

As for the expiration date, it's March 7th for those of you who may want to try and get in on this deal(with the voucher) still.

[quote name='saetia']Just got my $10 coupon off my next online purchase as well.[/QUOTE]

When did you order the game? I ordered yesterday, but haven't got anything but order confirmation.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']When did you order the game? I ordered yesterday, but haven't got anything but order confirmation.[/QUOTE]
I haven't gotten the $10 coupon yet either and I also ordered yesterday. Could they be mailing them last in, first out? If so, that's pretty stupid.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']how long did it take? I ordered mine the same way this morning and got the order confirmation right away but nothing about the code for $10 off. I would like to turn around and use this right away so just wondering how long before the code came thru.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine yesterday evening, so you should probably expect your code either tomorrow, or monday if they don't process things like that on the weekend.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']how long did it take? I ordered mine the same way this morning and got the order confirmation right away but nothing about the code for $10 off. I would like to turn around and use this right away so just wondering how long before the code came thru.[/QUOTE]

I ordered my PS3 copy yesterday around 4ish and received the email confirmation about $45 minutes after it. I received an email with the $10 coupon code today at 3:28 pm. So all together it took about 24 hours to receive both the confirmation email and the $10 coupon code.

Logged in to my gamestop.com account and my order still shows pending, but it can take up to 2 days for "processing".

[quote name='mxpowar']I haven't gotten the $10 coupon yet either and I also ordered yesterday. Could they be mailing them last in, first out? If so, that's pretty stupid.[/QUOTE]

You ordered the new copy, right? I'm pretty sure you wont get the $10 credit if you pickup the used copy.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']When did you order the game? I ordered yesterday, but haven't got anything but order confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Ordered yesterday @ 4:28p EST and received the email for $10 off today @3:27p EST.

Was thinking about buying this game from gamestop and now its just too good to be true with getting Red Faction for $5 shipped.

In for one!

Hope these titles gamestop ships all have the promo codes with them!

Yeah, the new copies have *Bonus item next to them on the description. Then below it says what the BONUS is. The Used copies do not have the *Bonus tag.

Follow up: I received my $10 coupon code at 3:28 PM EST after ordering a PS3 copy late last night.

I will have to say that this is one of the better deals coming from Gamestop in a long time. At least one that I cared to actually make a purchase on their website.

[quote name='nflsonic']I will have to say that this is one of the better deals coming from Gamestop in a long time. At least one that I cared to actually make a purchase on their website.[/QUOTE]

Definitely have to agree. This was actually the first purchase I've made on their website. Its been mainly amazon and the gamefly store for me.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Definitely have to agree. This was actually the first purchase I've made on their website. Its been mainly amazon and the gamefly store for me.[/QUOTE]

Thirded.

hey guys another quick update - didn't receive an email but logged in to gamestop.com and saw that my order was marked as "shipped" through USPS.

Not too bad!

[quote name='IronSerif']hey guys another quick update - didn't receive an email but logged in to gamestop.com and saw that my order was marked as "shipped" through USPS.

Not too bad![/QUOTE]

Oooh, mine shipped too! That was a lot faster than I expected.

Does anyone know where Gamestop ships from?

[quote name='saetia']Ordered yesterday @ 4:28p EST and received the email for $10 off today @3:27p EST.[/QUOTE]

So it does take about 24 hours, got it.
Thanks.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Oooh, mine shipped too! That was a lot faster than I expected.

Does anyone know where Gamestop ships from?[/QUOTE]

Not I lol! Just like many others this is my first time ordering on-line from their website. Really surprised at how fast the order was processed and shipped, lets just hope we all have the same luck with actual shipping times!

Yea. I dont order from gamestop anymore after receiving used game that looks like someone stepped on.

For new games, i figured why not.

Darksiders shipped through usps. Just checked status on the website.
Good deal here.

Well, just got back. In the end and no matter what I've said about this game, I have to say thanks OP! combined w/ a $31.XX in-store price w/ EDGE and this promo code, it looks like 2 games for $15 each to me :D

Hit up a store that had plenty of copies for 360 and PS3. Decided to get the PS3 version since it seems I'm getting all these 'brawler' type games on that platform..Six used copies, 3 w/ codes. I thought about jacking the other codes for personal gain or CAG, but would rather have good karma this weekend. So I left the other two in tact, behind the ones that didn't (West Oaks location) For all you completists out there, I noticed there is also a unique Harvester weapon sheet in there, no code, just some instructions. Very lucky to grab this as it was only in one of the six..good luck guys!

now please somebody tell me not to be paranoid about the chances of someone writing down that code waiting to redeem it..that cannot be possible!

Geez! lol....I had planned on getting this game down the road once it dropped to a reasonable price, but 38 bucks and change for a new copy, plus a 10 dollar off coupon for future purchase had me ALMOST order this yesterday. Now I find out there's a high probability that I'll also get a 5 dollar copy of RFG and I had to cave in and order a copy. Thanks, OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back