Darksiders Red Faction received yet?

Kerig

Target won BF'23 w/$350 consoles
Feedback
85 (100%)
I placed my order for the free Red Faction: Guerrilla (360) on 2/15. I normally wait patiently for 4-6 weeks on freebie items, but they did make us all pay $5 to ship it, so one month should have sufficed.

Has anyone received their game yet? After Feb. 17th, my status showed as "complete", but nothing was ever mentioned about the shipping time.

Since then, I've won a free Kikkoman silicone basting brush that arrived earlier this week. That was completely free and took less than 2 weeks to arrive...

UPDATE: read the next post down for the answer (thanks to JJSP)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mon, 03/15/2010 - 6:46pm | by admin
Red Faction: Guerrilla and Darksiders Hellbook Incoming
Wondering where are your copies of the Darksiders Hellbook and Red Faction: Guerrilla? They should start appearing over the course of next week, starting March 23. The wait is almost over!

^Thanks! I ordered 2 copies. 1 for ps3 to play with some friends and try something new, the 2nd on 360 to play with my nephews and some other friends. Looking forward to them arriving and hope they arrive before this month is over. Any official word yet on to whereas these games are 'complete' with retail game, case, insert, manual and all or is it just the game in a sleeve like gh van halen?

Thanks, JJSP. Glad to see they're aware of the fact that we might be curious by now.

BHackney:

click on the pic, their contest seems to still be active. You can win one of a few different things. I was hoping for a spoonrest since I need a nice one, but the brush is cool, too. Click on the "if you do not have a PIN click here" button to get an entry code, you should be able to keep playing until you win, but you can only win once. Let me know how you make out.

Intox: my money is on "full retail package", literally. (I bought a code from another CAG, so I've invested $11 into this deal assuming it's retail, not a paper slip)

Good to know they are coming soon. I redeemed mine on Feb 15th as well and THQ support has been giving me the run around since then.

There is an entire thread, of mostly bitching, that has your answer.

Here is a good read, if you don't mind people bitching about not getting a $5 game super quickly.

Read through the thread, thanks. What bothers me isn't the amount of people (and by people I mean IamTheCheapestGamer and AndrewsAwesome4) complaining on the length of time, but rather the complaints coming out of left field about the trade-in value of the game.

Who would be dumb enough to really think it would be worth their time/money to pay $5 solely to flip a game that's worth no more than $20 new?

I'm just stoked that I actually purchased Darksiders and was rewarded beyond just the game itself. If people are complaining about it not trading in for much or it taking too long to get here then that's just pathetic. Like "ending up alone" kind of pathetic.

Anyway, I was curious about when I might see this game in the mail and I had a feeling it was starting up around this week. I'm stoked.

[quote name='Kerig']Read through the thread, thanks. What bothers me isn't the amount of people (and by people I mean IamTheCheapestGamer and AndrewsAwesome4) complaining on the length of time, but rather the complaints coming out of left field about the trade-in value of the game.

Who would be dumb enough to really think it would be worth their time/money to pay $5 solely to flip a game that's worth no more than $20 new?[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

Take out those 2 clowns, and its just odd ball responses. They really brought the thread down. It had crossed my mind to trade in the game, but I fully intend to try it out first. And then, who knows.

[quote name='uglyteradon']I'm just stoked that I actually purchased Darksiders and was rewarded beyond just the game itself. If people are complaining about it not trading in for much or it taking too long to get here then that's just pathetic. Like "ending up alone" kind of pathetic.

Anyway, I was curious about when I might see this game in the mail and I had a feeling it was starting up around this week. I'm stoked.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

It is. I look at it this way, I paid $5 for it. I get it, awesome. I don't, not too big of a deal. What's $5 going to get me, a gallon of gas and a drink for the road?

more than actually getting the game(I've tried it, it's ok, but it will go to my backlog) I'm more interested in finding out what condition it will come in. Full package? Cardboard sleeve ala GH Van Halen? I hope not, because the thread already linked will turn into a whine fest. Personally, I'll be a bit disappointed if it is, but it's still a cheap game that I hear is tons of fun online.

also, Kerig-thanks for linking that promo. I won the spoon holder 2nd try on my personal email, and 3rd try on my work email got the basting brush

Still awaiting my copy. Not too concerned about the whole process being so slow as I already owned RFG; was planning on simply giving the freebie to a friend.

[quote name='myl0r']more than actually getting the game(I've tried it, it's ok, but it will go to my backlog) I'm more interested in finding out what condition it will come in. Full package? Cardboard sleeve ala GH Van Halen? I hope not, because the thread already linked will turn into a whine fest. Personally, I'll be a bit disappointed if it is, but it's still a cheap game that I hear is tons of fun online.

also, Kerig-thanks for linking that promo. I won the spoon holder 2nd try on my personal email, and 3rd try on my work email got the basting brush[/QUOTE]

I only netted a coupon on my personal email. May try with others later and see if I get something more worthwhile.

[quote name='Kerig']Read through the thread, thanks. What bothers me isn't the amount of people (and by people I mean IamTheCheapestGamer and AndrewsAwesome4) complaining on the length of time, but rather the complaints coming out of left field about the trade-in value of the game.

Who would be dumb enough to really think it would be worth their time/money to pay $5 solely to flip a game that's worth no more than $20 new?[/QUOTE]

:razz: The downloadable PDF that Digital River gave us the link to said 4 weeks on it I believe, so I suppose I'm a whiner for holding a company to their promised delivery time?

Personally, I don't care if it's a full retail package or disc only as I have spare PS3 cases(and a RF:G manual from Gamestop that was stuck in another game I bought), so long as I get something for 4+ weeks of waiting.:D:booty:

As for flipping it, it was worth it a few months ago when GS was giving $14 for it, but since it dropped to $20 new it ceased to be worth it.

I'll probably just give the copy I get to my buddies' family for them to finish playing through.

To answer the earlier question, if you didn't find your answer already. It's the retail version of the game, albeit with the barcode slashed (sometimes all the way through the case). My copy was completely sealed and inside the generic yellow envelope, floating around with it, was the Digital Hellbook on CD in a cheap plastic CD case. All in all, not bad at all for $5 and a little luck.

Game & Bonus disc arrived yesterday 3/30.
Overall, quite pleased with this generous offer.
Fully-packaged RF has very, very minor upc notch and
was nice and snug inside of the envelope along with the Bonus Disc.

Had it last Monday.... Very pleased with the deal!

Sorry to hear that some are having bad experiences... Hang in there and hopefully it will show up soon!

Most of these aren't exactly bad experiences; just people getting impatient or being curious.

Received mine as well, so they're definitely getting to people now.

got both of my copies ps3/360 this weekend

if you havent received..be patient. My brother ordered his about 5-6 days after me and hasnt received. They are going in order

[quote name='blissskr']I got mine last week, funny thing is a mailed a letter and a check and they still haven't deposited the check lol.[/QUOTE]

yeah same with me.

I don't think they are going in order. CheapestGamer and I ordered ours the first day they were announced and are still waiting.

If anyone is still waiting and their order status says 'order complete', they may want to consider what I did last night. I shot off an email via the 'contact us' form on www.findmyorder.com after using my order # and password on there to look up my order.

But since I don't think there was an option in the second drop down menu for 'lost orders' or anything, I had to select 'ERROR'.

I received an email from them stating they apologize for the inconvenience and they would re-ship my order as soon as possible. At least it was better than the response I received directly from THQ's site, saying 'it's not our responsibility, try somewhere else'.

Here was their response to my polite inquiry about where my order was:

Thank you for contacting the THQ Store.

We apologize for the inconvenience; Your concern was already forwarded
to the escalation team to have your product reship.

As soon as we receive your product, your order will be promptly shipped
and you will be notified via email. Your patience is greatly
appreciated.

Yeah, I ordered mine the 1st day (probably one of the 1st 10 to order, since I did it 5 minutes after it was made know by them) and I still haven't gotten it. Patience.

I stated previously that I ordered a ps3 version and a 360 version at the same time as I wanted the game for each console to play with family & friends. I got the 360 version a few days ago but still haven't received the ps3 version so I don't know what to say really. My orders both stated completed and don't know why they would ship the games separate when I paid for both shipping at the same time and they are being sent to the same address.

Got mine in the mail late last week. Probably going to give it to a friend. I beat it previously and really enjoyed it.

bread's done
Back