Darksiders Used EB games strangness

Status
Not open for further replies.

saskwatch76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey all, I went to buy Darksiders Used for PS3 today at EB Games today in Vancouver and I have a strange story. They had some used copies in stock. However, they were not allowed to sell them. Just thought that was bizarre and if anyone else has had this problem. Is this game worth buying otherwise?

I'm pretty sure the EB's in Vancouver operate as pawn shops, so they legally have to hold everything used they get for a week, or something like that.

[quote name='JnJosh']gaming gaurantee, cant sell for a month i believe.[/QUOTE]
True. it can be longer then a month though. depends on a few things i wont get into here.

Yep, all Gaming Guarantee titles have to be held for at least a month to prevent people from simply rebuying it with their $59.99/69.99 credit and getting to keep $10-12 for themselves. Kinda sucks for the average person who is just looking to buy it, defeats the purpose of having all these games come back if they aren't able to sell them until it's no longer a hot new title.

I loved the game, definitely worth $60. I got over 30 hours out of it, not sure if that includes a couple times where I left it on pause for maybe 45 minutes to an hour. Obviously you'll spend less time if you rush through and don't collect every item. It's a hell of a lot like Zelda, which was great!

Darksiders is a fantastic game.
It's a hybird of DMC style combat with GoW executions and LoZ adventuring and dungeons. I bought it for full price and it was totally worth it.

Question: For someone who's never played a Zelda game, what does that mean when this game has similarities to Zelda?

[quote name='spzero']Question: For someone who's never played a Zelda game, what does that mean when this game has similarities to Zelda?[/QUOTE]

Dungeon areas with an emphasis on puzzle solving mixed in with combat. Puzzles are frequently solved with whatever new equipment item you found in that dungeon. That makes it sound a bit more sterile than it actually is, but trust me it's good.

Darksiders is the better of the two games that came out January 5. It's my current sleeper hit of 2010. I've completed the Prologue and the first two chapters. It may not have much originality but it has a great mix of elements from other games.

Ironically, my sleeper favorites of 2007 and 2008 also had the word "Dark" in their titles, The Darkness and Dark Sector.

If they remove the embargo, you should buy this game.

Darksiders is trash, plain and simple. I forced myself to play the game and hated every minute of it

[quote name='T.a.g']Darksiders is trash, plain and simple. I forced myself to play the game and hated every minute of it[/QUOTE]
Darksiders was awesome. why did you hate it

[quote name='lustyhitter']Darksiders is the better of the two games that came out January 5.[/QUOTE]You mean Bayonetta? Oh hell no.

[quote name='Nukkus']because he is a troll.[/QUOTE]

im not a troll. I honestly hated it.

I found it boring, redundant, and it pulled the collect crap around the map thing at the end. On top of that, the game looks like it could have been done on the first xbox and i thought it played and handled poorly. There was terrible level design and i hated how to get into a "dungeon" i had to go to the netherworld find the portals and do the stupid "kill x doing y before time runs out" One thing i did enjoy was the griffin riding shooting section and the story was ok but yeah overall it was horrible. Beat it once then went back to bayonetta

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Hated Darksiders? You sure you're not thinking of Dark Void?[/QUOTE]

Listen, im allowed to have an opinion, i thought the game was horrible and boring. That is it.

You hated Darksiders, yet find Bayonetta fun ?
LOL

bayonetta is a terrible game. It has okay combat, mediocre visuals, horrible audio and no story. GG

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']You hated Darksiders, yet find Bayonetta fun ?
LOL

bayonetta is a terrible game. It has okay combat, mediocre visuals, horrible audio and no story. GG[/QUOTE]

you just almost described darksiders as well

darksiders had horrible long and drawn out puzzles
worse graphics then bayonetta
ok combat
and was absurdly easy

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']You hated Darksiders, yet find Bayonetta fun ?
LOL

bayonetta is a terrible game. It has okay combat, mediocre visuals, horrible audio and no story. GG[/QUOTE]

everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
no need to be a dick about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back