Darkwatch demo in latest OPM

jbroush99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
I just got the new issue of OPM and although there are only 2 playable demos, one of them is Darkwatch (the other is FSW).
It seems pretty good so far, but it sucks for me to play since my Sony controller broke and I'm stuck with a Retrocon right now so I can't really comment on the controls.
The graphics look very nice and there are some cool touches like blood vision (which is basically infared vision and it allows you to see the body heat of hiding enemies).
The coolest weapon so far is a crossbow that fires arrows with dynamite attached to them. The arrows stick in enemies and they run around until it explodes and sends them flying across the screen. You can literally disarm the enemies by shooting their arms off or just shoot their head off.
You have to make decisions along the way that determine if you are good or bad. For example, you encounter a woman who has been bitten and infected. You can choose to be good and heal her or be bad and put her out of her misery.
You can also do "fun" stuff like walk up to a corpse and shoot it to make it flop around. There also is the corpse of guy who was hung from a tree, still hanging. You can shoot it and make it swing and spin. Wheee!
I'm not too pleased that there are only 2 playable demos on the disc, but this one seems to make it worth it.

Only two playable demos? That's not like OPM. Usually they have at least like four or five. Whats the other demo? FSW?

The other demo is Full Spectrum Warrior. They mention the lack of demo on the page in the magazine that shows what's on the disc. It says something like "yeah there's only 2 demos, but we needed the extra space for all the other stuff".
There is a sound effect editor demo that allows you to add music and sounds to what appears to be an intro to a generic game.

I played the demo and I thought it was ok. I might pick it up when it drops to around $20.
When I first looked at the disk I thought all of the games included on the Playground list were playable, including Devil May Cry 3 and SW:RotS. I was quite disappointed when I found out that wasn't the case.

bread's done
Back