Darth Vader and Yoda are playable characters in Soul Calibur 4. This is not a joke.

Dead of Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334

Soul Calibur and Star Wars fans gather 'round -- while haters grab a six pack of Haterade and their always-ready flamethrowers -- because Namco Bandai has finally released new info on the rumored secret characters set to appear in their highly-anticipated fighter, Soul Calibur IV, and 1UP has 'em first. In case you don't believe your eyes as they scan over these screenshots, you are indeed seeing the legendary purveyor of the Dark Side, Darth Vader, and his Force-wielding nemesis, Yoda.
media

media

EDIT: Only the PS3 version will have Vader, only the 360 version will have Yoda.
http://kotaku.com/343067/ps3-xbox-360-get-exclusive-star-wars-soulcalibur-iv-characters
Video: http://kotaku.com/343089/vader--yodas-new-sciv-trailer

And here I was hoping for a sequel to Masters of Teras Kasi... I guess this will have to do. :p

I really hope they deepen the blacks on Vader though.

Ah, fighting fans always finding something to bitch about.

Really? How is this any different from Spawn, Link, and Heihachi? Hell, even Yoshimitsu.

I am a big fan of these games, I'm still a big fan of the Star Wars universe in general, but I'm not really feelin' this. It comes across, like so much of the SW marketing these days as 'Forced'.

Sorry.

Shouldn't they be making a Star Wars game using the SC engine if they have the license? Talk about printing money...

Hahaha, I literally laughed out loud when I saw that pic of Yoda. That's fantastically ridiculous. I can already see epic battles of Maxi vs. Yoda in my future

I"m not really a fan of licensed characters being shoved into these kind of games. It just doesn't feel right, it's like playing in a commercial.
To each his own of course..

The sad thing is... the game will probably sell a crapton more now that those characters are in it, because a bunch of Star Wars fanboys will buy it. Kinda like how the Gamecube version of SC2 outsold the other two versions because it had Link, thus causing all the Zelda fanatics to buy it, despite the XBox version arguably being superior, and more people owning a PS2.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I am a big fan of these games, I'm still a big fan of the Star Wars universe in general, but I'm not really feelin' this. It comes across, like so much of the SW marketing these days as 'Forced'.

Sorry.[/quote]Pun aside, I *gulp* agree with jollydwarf. Is Lucas worried about Star Wars becoming irrelevant? Random Star Wars PSP, now random Star Wars in Soul Calibur.

[quote name='zewone']Ah, fighting fans always finding something to bitch about.

Really? How is this any different from Spawn, Link, and Heihachi? Hell, even Yoshimitsu.[/quote]

Because they dont use weapons that cut through every known material to man.

I also bitched when they put in those characters.

[quote name='InuFaye']Because they dont use weapons that cut through every known material to man.

I also bitched when they put in those characters.[/quote]
Wrong. The Soul Edge was fitted with a vibrogeneraor.

Ugh. So much for getting laid this century, cochese.

[quote name='Chacrana']This is possibly the stupidest idea Namco has ever had.[/quote]

No, I think it's changing the name to Soulcalibur.

[quote name='crazytalkx']I came[/quote]

I LOL'd...At Vader and Yoda being in SC4, not...um...your issue.

Question is do I buy it now, after having no thoughts of doing so before?

Even though I love stAR wars it just seemed out of place to me.

I would love a star wars game based on the soul caliber engine.

I liked link in the game. Hithchi fit ok. Didn't think spawn was a good idea though.

Gosh. I guess this means no Star Wars or Namco characters in SSBB.

On a related note, everyone that bitched about "Snake don'ts belongs in that thar SSBB!!" can quietly go fuck off now.

[quote name='Strell']Gosh. I guess this means no Star Wars or Namco characters in SSBB.

On a related note, everyone that bitched about "Snake don'ts belongs in that thar SSBB!!" can quietly go fuck off now.[/quote]

Tell us how you really feel.

headexplode.jpg

This is a fantastic move from a sales perspective. Sales for fighting games has generally been decreasing for many years now.

SC2 for Gamecube showed us that bringing in icons from outside the series can really help.

[quote name='javeryh']Shouldn't they be making a Star Wars game using the SC engine if they have the license? Talk about printing money...[/QUOTE]
The idea of Star Wars fighting probably sounds really cool...until you play Masters of Teras Kasi (haha, though I still got some love for that game).

[quote name='zewone']Ah, fighting fans always finding something to bitch about.

Really? How is this any different from Spawn, Link, and Heihachi? Hell, even Yoshimitsu.[/quote]
Maybe because you could hit "Highs" on Spawn, Link, and Heihachi. Seriously devs, the game wasn't unbalanced enough already? This is like Gon in Tekken 3 all over again. Except this time he's green. And has a lightsaber.

bread's done
Back