Dash of destruction- stupid question

Solid Scarecrow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I got my xbox in march and Ive bought and downloaded a bunch of games including the free ones, but why was Dash of Destruction taken off the marketplace? The other two games are decent. I wonder if I email Doritos begging for a code would work. And last was it any fun?

It had 200 achievement points that you could obtain in about 30 minutes. Once you completed it, you'd probably never go back. It only had local multiplayer, and it wasn't very different from the campaign.

For a free game, and for frustration free achievement points, it was fun. But they probably pulled it because of it being free, and it might have been a deal that Doritos had to cover the cost, and when they stopped Microsoft dropped it. I'm just speculating, but it makes sense. Microsoft doesn't like hosting free things to download, so usually a sponsorship has to cover the price somehow.

You'll probably have little luck getting a code from Doritos, as it didn't have a promotional code, so it wouldn't make sense for them to have one to spare.

You can get still get Dash Of Destruction (full game) from OXM disc #96 (Halo Wars spotlight).

OXM-96-May09ThinPak_COVERboxart_160w.jpg

#96 also has a Lost Planet Premium Theme on it, which means it's in my OXM Premium Theme Passaround. You can sign up for it if you'd like.

[quote name='Kerig']You can get still get Dash Of Destruction (full game) from OXM disc #96 (Halo Wars spotlight).

#96 also has a Lost Planet Premium Theme on it, which means it's in my OXM Premium Theme Passaround. You can sign up for it if you'd like.[/QUOTE]

nominated for 'Best Answer with full on Insight'

[quote name='Kerig']You can get still get Dash Of Destruction (full game) from OXM disc #96 (Halo Wars spotlight).

#96 also has a Lost Planet Premium Theme on it, which means it's in my OXM Premium Theme Passaround. You can sign up for it if you'd like.[/QUOTE]

Kerig I already signed up for the choo choo. You made my day:bouncy: Is it downloadable or can you play on disc only?

There's also this, which is a collection of games that were released free on the XBLA marketplace in offline disc form. They were all DRM-free, so you can simply burn it to a DVD and play on any Xbox 360.

[quote name='Solid Scarecrow']Kerig I already signed up for the choo choo. You made my day:bouncy: Is it downloadable or can you play on disc only?[/QUOTE]

Hah, that explains why I didn't see you sign up for it recently :)

If it works like most demo discs, you'll have to play it from the disc (I was able to D/L it when it was still available on XBLA). It's a fun little game, but it only takes about 15-20 minutes to beat the game and another 5-10 minutes to get the local multi-player achievements.

bread's done
Back