Datel Max Link Powerline Adapter for Xbox 360

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Does anyone have on of these? If so, is it any good?

Datel Max Link Powerline Adapter for Xbox 360
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8258789&type=product&id=1170289325269

The Max Link Powerline Adapter wirelessly connects your Xbox 360 to your PC and enables you to share high-speed Internet access with your Xbox 360. Now you can effortlessly transfer documents, photos, games, audio, video files and much more. With a built-in surge suppressor, you can rest assured that your media devices are kept safe at all times.

Product Features

Wirelessly connects your Xbox 360 to your PC for fast, easy file sharing
Lets you transfer documents, photos, games, audio, video and voice files
Supports multiple streams of high-definition media, giving you a spectacular media experience
56 Mbps bandwidth transfers files quickly
Secure 56-bit DES encryption keeps your files safe
Auto error detection and correction ensures that errors are found and corrected

I'm unsure as to what it does. You can already stream music, photos, and videos to the 360 if you have Windows Media Player 11.

Plus you can play any of those things off of a USB drive or CD/DVD if you don't want to use Windows Media Player 11 or steaming isn't fast enough for HD content.

It looks like this is just a powerline network adapter rebranded for xbox 360. I've never used a powerline network but I have a friend who uses it for his computer and it works fine. This basically turns your power outlet into a network port so you don't have to run a cable. It's in no way wireless. I would suggest looking for a cheaper powerline adapter that will do the same thing.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I'm unsure as to what it does. [/QUOTE]
It's a powerline network adapter. You can plug a network device wherever there is a power outlet. Performance depends heavily on the quality of your electrical wiring and service but in general they're usable.

bread's done
Back