Datel Xport

insano

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm planning on getting the Xbox Elite later down the road because I'm going to some how, some way, use my 2 yr PRP from BestBuy and trade-in my "broken" Premium and pay the difference for an Elite.

I bought the Xport with the idea to transfer my original Xbox 360 20 gig HDD to my PC, so I can then transfer that information to the Elite HDD.

Does anyone know if this is going to work or should I just return the Xport and get my money back?

The only reason I have doubt that it won't work is cause I read somewhere I might not be able to get my achievements and/or some of my DLC to work (encryption issue). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well hopefully everything on HDD is relevant to gamer profile. So hopefully when you recover your gamertag/profile on new HDD, the contents of old HDD once transfered will be fully unlocked and usable with no hiccups. Just hoping that someone has used the Datel Xport and would like to share their knowledge on it before I open it up. Seems to me it should work just fine but ya never know.

You could have bought a 10-15 dollar datel transfer kit and accomplished the same thing. All your achievements are tied to you gamertag and updated on the server side when you log into xbl, so that's not an issue. The only problem you will have is that you will have to be signed into xbl to access any downloadable content. Stuff downloaded off of xbl is actually flagged and tied to the system hardware, not the hard drive.

all right OP , I'm doing the same ^____^ but with ToysRus, better do it now before MS lower the price of Premium to $ 300. I might use it to get PS3 let see how it goes tomorrow.

[quote name='Static X']You could have bought a 10-15 dollar datel transfer kit and accomplished the same thing. All your achievements are tied to you gamertag and updated on the server side when you log into xbl, so that's not an issue. The only problem you will have is that you will have to be signed into xbl to access any downloadable content. Stuff downloaded off of xbl is actually flagged and tied to the system hardware, not the hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Thanx for the info. I imagine everything should work out ok when transferring my data from one HDD to another. Also, I got the Datel Xport for $22 at BestBuy, not sure why it was priced that low, but better then paying $39.99 everywhere else.

hey op i'm in the same shoes. just bought it from bb for 22.00. please post your experience with getting game saves such as halo or such on the hard drive. i mainly got it for the game saves

Hey, I'm pretty sure if you mean transferring original Xbox games to Xbox 360 HDD, you have to have a original Xbox memory card. At least that's my understanding. If true, I'm going to be SOL because they don't make memory cards no more, probably would have to go on ebay to get one. Not worth it spending more money to me at least.

[quote name='insano']Hey, I'm pretty sure if you mean transferring original Xbox games to Xbox 360 HDD, you have to have a original Xbox memory card. At least that's my understanding. If true, I'm going to be SOL because they don't make memory cards no more, probably would have to go on ebay to get one. Not worth it spending more money to me at least.[/QUOTE]

I see original xbox memory cards in Target and BB all the time, usually on clearance at Target too.

I'm pretty sure if your Best Buy has it in-stock, then the price should be $22. Give em a call before going down there to make sure.

So has anyone moved their Xbox saves to the 360? I want to move my Forza saves over to the 360.

bread's done
Back