Dave Chapelle Inks $50M Deal

At least I know Ill be watching him for two more years. Ive been watching since mid season one and its my most looked forward to show on tv along with reno 911.

all that for 26 episodes that is like 1.9 million an episode and the other stuff they gave him take away from the per episode pay. however would'nt it be funny the pay all that money and he was just a fad and is not popular in the next 2 years.

[quote name='Graystone']all that for 26 episodes that is like 1.9 million an episode and the other stuff they gave him take away from the per episode pay. however would'nt it be funny the pay all that money and he was just a fad and is not popular in the next 2 years.[/quote]

someone didn't read much

it also includes a movie deal, a video production gig, and a big chunk of the dvd sales

I dont have cable so I never saw his show. He must be really funny to make that amount of money- especially on a low budget network like Comedy Central

Good, I was pissed because I can't get thru a day without one jackass yelling "YEAHHAAHH". And I wondered why he isn't rich with such popular skits. 2 more seasons, awesome.

hes gonig to be on for a long time, i loved him since half baked, he got his friends from half baked in the show too. like the one guy, forgot name, who was in that ZAPPED thing, with the copying machines

Everyone read the bit at the end about the movie being a Rick James biopic starring Chappelle? It's not going to be long before even Ed Bradley is saying "I'm Rick James, bitch!" on 60 Minutes.

Edited once for missing word.

was i the only one who didn't find the rick james skit funny at all? the only funny part was the what did the fingers say to the face joke (or whatever)....and even then i was already pissed because the rest of the skit was garbage to me....

[quote name='trustcompany1013']was i the only one who didn't find the rick james skit funny at all? the only funny part was the what did the fingers say to the face joke (or whatever)....and even then i was already pissed because the rest of the skit was garbage to me....[/quote]

I agree... it wasn't THAT funny, I found the Wayne Brady bitch much funnier... but even now that's being way overused so everyone knows how to ruin good things :(

He deserves it, I've been going to see him in comedy clubs in NYC since 1992. I use to just walk up to him after the show and just bug out with him for like 30mins and more and he was just cool. No one was really mobbing him or nothing, even after Half-Baked. Glad I got to meet him up close and personal cuz he is now gonna be a MEGA star.

bread's done
Back