David Jaffe Reveals New Twisted Metal Info?

Lobsterjohnson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So while browsing the internets today at work I stopped by Jaffe's blog and found and interesting image of a "behind the scenes" email. He tried to censor a lot of the info but it didn't work out too well. I saved it to my hd and sure enough later he had edited it even more. I later had one of the writers, Coop, write up an article on it which can be seen here.

This is what we've deciphered from the image:

CHARACTER AND CHARACTER ANIMATION ISSUES

High concept: We need the game to have more personality and feel like an action... our human characters are a big way we are going to get that vibe. I would like to see the following... the milestone and feel it would go a long way to wowing the crowds.

#1 - ... animation of capturing him, running over him and dragging him behind your car...
#2 - ...gives him personality- right now it's so dry- needs to feel action.
a- When he is knocked out of a car and onto the ground he crawls frantically, looking... approaching cars, trying to get away, slipping as he tries to get up.
Here's Coop's take on it:

Now let's think: David Jaffe's company, Eat Sleep Play, has already sort of confirmed they're working on Twisted Metal for the PS3. These words really seem to be talking about a car game, and what better way to really enhance the Twisted Metal formula than to make it an open world game with an on-foot element? He puts an emphasis on characterization, makes specific mention to "human characters," which would imply that there are non-human characters. I'd be willing to bet we're going to see a Twisted Metal at E3 this year, and this looks to back that up a bit.
If I had to take a guess I'd say Twisted Metal. It just makes sense seeing as they've announced that they will be working on a new one, but this is really anyone's guess. What do you guys think?

All I hope for is that they have 1 mission where they copy Death Race's Semi-Trailer.

deathrace01.jpg

bread's done
Back