Dawn of War 2 - £5.00 (~$5 w/ coupon) at THQ UK store (Temporarily? Dead)

Hydro2Oxide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
http://uk-thq-eshop.gamesplanet.com/pc-games/buy-download-Dawn-of-War-II.html

I honestly have no clue how this works if you're not from the UK. I can't imagine them denying you it though. Also, keys can be registered on Steam so I'd imagine that applies here as well.

EDIT: Confirmed to work regardless of country.

[quote name='Rirse']Guess this coupon code knocks two more dollars off the price.

MYTHQ-73853-WHPTB[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lord Jezo']Regarding the Dawn of War II deal on THQ-UK:

quote:
We have been informed that we have run out of activation keys for this game, that is why every purchase attempt was rejected or cancelled.

If you have found a charge on your bank statement, rest assured that your money is soon going to reappear in your account (please allow up to 10 days).

In case the charge is still pending after this period, do not hesitate to contact us again and we will investigate further.

On the other hand, we are waiting for the publisher to provide us with new keys, and we hope to receive them during this week.

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay of our answer and we invite you to try to purchase the game again at a later time.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't actually downloaded the files, but the purchase wasn't a problem. Now to actually beat the first game ...

Thanks, OP.

Looks like checkout has support for US cards and addresses. I'll wait and see others experience with this but I'm quite interested. Thanks OP!

Edt: After seeing the successful tranasations listed I went ahead and ordered.

I went through checkout and had an error at processing, but I checked my e-mail and had a receipt with the cd-key in it. Put it in Steam, and am now downloading. I also instantly got a call from Visa fraud services asking me to verify the purchase I made.

Thanks for pointing this out TC. I've been wanting to get this game for awhile now and this was exactly the sort of price I was looking for.

I placed an order with a US address using Paypal and the key I received in the order confirmation email activated just fine on Steam, it's downloading now.

Ok, I got impatient, purchased it without any issues. I'm at work so I can't start the download until I get home but I don't see any problems with the order and got all my details immediately.

EDIT: Anyone know what the bonus CD key does?

alright! great price for this game. if all goes well that is.
also I believe this game has steam support.

I'm from the U.S. and I just purchased and activated on Steam without a hitch! What a great deal on this game! Still can't figure out what to do with the bonus code though..

[quote name='Bruticis']EDIT: Anyone know what the bonus CD key does?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's used in the Marketplace of Windows Live once you're in the game.

EDIT: Damn, beat to it.

just bit, $7.63 was just right for this one...thanks op

when i tossed the bonus code into my GFWL client i got "You have successfully redeemed a code for: Artificer Wargear Set. It has been added to your download queue."

looks like armor woot

How long did it take after payment for you to get the details?

It won't let me log into the THQ site, even after I created an account.

I didn't create an account, the checkout page errored out after clicking the process payment button.

But, my email showed the purchase within a couple minutes and had the codes I needed for Steam.

As far as I know, a code is a code to steam and when activating it, I think it said Dawn of War II Retail something, but don't think it mentioned UK in there. Either way, I'm sure we are good to go as the downloaded files via Steam are probably identical. I have the UK version of Halo 2 installed on my PC, albeit retail hard copy, and it plays just fine mulitiplayer, Achievements, etc.

Only thing that didn't work about the Halo 2 was the free physical month of LIVE card that was included in the package. That didn't work as the code on it was specified by a region/country thing.

If this is like the retail disc version, you can actually just type the key into Steam since it uses Steam for matchmaking, and Steam will download and install for you.

I know I had a problem with my retail disc and on a whim typed the code into Steam and it installed without me ever needing the disc. Loved that.

I got one and got an error at processing...good thing I checked my email before going through checkout again as it seems my order did go through. Just didn't get a confirmation page.

This is a crazy deal. I was going to wait for a deal on the gold version that is coming out soon, but I should probably just buy it now. A little concerned about it being the UK version though. Didn't steam ban korean keys before, or something like that (I may have the region wrong)? What's to stop them from doing the same for the UK keys?

I went through checkout and had an error at processing, but I checked my e-mail and had a receipt with the cd-key in it. Put it in Steam, and am now downloading.

I also instantly got a call from Visa fraud services asking me to verify the purchase I made.

I heard mixed reviews on this game from friends, it definitely is different from the first. But for 7 bucks plus Steam support, count me in for sure. Buying now :) And thanks OP for the heads up, great deal!

[quote name='MattVid']I heard mixed reviews on this game from friends, it definitely is different from the first. But for 7 bucks plus Steam support, count me in for sure. Buying now :) And thanks OP for the heads up, great deal![/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge RTS player, but I LOVED this game. Maybe it's because the single player is a RTS with Diablo-ish loot game, which is right up my alley.

Great deal IMO.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does anyone know if Live achievements are supported even if you go through STEAM?[/QUOTE]

They are

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does anyone know if Live achievements are supported even if you go through STEAM?[/QUOTE]

The game uses Steam for matchmaking, GFWL for achievements. So both are always resident. Hit Home to see the GFWL overlay, Shift+tab for Steam overlay.

Kind of crazy.

[quote name='Ryukahn']This is a crazy deal. I was going to wait for a deal on the gold version that is coming out soon, but I should probably just buy it now. A little concerned about it being the UK version though. Didn't steam ban korean keys before, or something like that (I may have the region wrong)? What's to stop them from doing the same for the UK keys?[/QUOTE]

I think it's different here. Don't think they can do that because for all they know we could've bought a hard copy over there and registered the key.

Those korean keys, iirc were actually lower cost keys sent by the manufacturer. They banned because people were buying those keys to get a much lower cost, but the keys weren't intended for anyone outside the region. I don't think there'll be an issue. These keys are generally just as expensive, it's just a sale.

Bought this ASAP when I saw the deal. Worked 100% and downloading on steam (US here).

Oddly though I told my brother about it so we could duke it out with DoW2, and he didn't receive an activation key with purchase! Hopefully CS can sort it out.

Excellent! Downloading in Steam now. Everything was quick and easy. I paid with Paypal and was charged $7.83. (The current exchange rate for Paypal is 1 U.S. Dollar = 0.638859 British Pounds; people may want to compare that with the exchange rate and fees (if any) charged by their credit card.)

WARNING - the transaction might have worked even if you get an error page.

The first time I tried to make the purchase, I got an "Error: Payment Refused". I thought it was really weird that they didn't ask you for city and state/province so I tried it again a few times. Every other time I got an HTTP 503 Temporary Error page after hitting submit payment. The text on the page was written in 4 different languages but essentially it said, "Sorry, we have experienced an error. Please try again."

I figured maybe my card got denied. So I tried a different card. Got "Error: Payment Refused" again. Then I figured maybe it was because I was using Chrome with a weird adblock extension and that was breaking it, so I switched to Firefox. Same result.

Now I look in my inbox and there are 4 individual emails in there each with a different purchase number, and they are minutes apart. Given the general "no refund" policy on Digital downloads, I figure I might be hosed. I am a dumbass for not checking my inbox earlier, but I just wish their error page gave at least some indication that the transaction *might* have worked.

Sigh. Time to try to sort this out with CS.

EDIT: Turns out both of my cards were flagged for suspicious behavior.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']haps, others have said they received an error but it worked.[/QUOTE]
Whoops.. I should read more carefully next time.

I know how you feel though, and I hope you get it sorted out. But I got an error, and the reason I checked my email was because others said the same happened.

But that sucks you have 4 keys now, if nothing else you probably could trade them or sell them or something. Atleast get your money back.

Thanks man. Actually, I think things will work out alright. I emailed the company handling THQ's UK downloads (gamesplanet). So far I've gotten the typical "we have received your email and assigned it this service number XXX-XXX-XXX".

I only received a CD key in the first of the four emails, so at least they can't hold me liable for the cost of 3 CD keys that have gone out into the wild. The other 3 emails were almost the same as the first email, but w/o the CD key, and with different purchase [order] numbers.

Anyways, this is such a great deal that I didn't want to miss out in case they decided to shut it down. That's part of why I spazzed out and tried to resubmit instead of patiently checking my inbox first.

thanks, OP!

After Dling it I played some. IMO I wasn't into the first Dawn of War much, it was fun, but I never got into it. I like DoW2 much more. I love all the changes they made, so far having alot of fun.

bread's done
Back