Dawn of War 2 - £5.00 (~$5 w/ coupon) at THQ UK store (Temporarily? Dead)

Hydro2Oxide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
http://uk-thq-eshop.gamesplanet.com/pc-games/buy-download-Dawn-of-War-II.html

I honestly have no clue how this works if you're not from the UK. I can't imagine them denying you it though. Also, keys can be registered on Steam so I'd imagine that applies here as well.

EDIT: Confirmed to work regardless of country.

[quote name='Rirse']Guess this coupon code knocks two more dollars off the price.

MYTHQ-73853-WHPTB[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lord Jezo']Regarding the Dawn of War II deal on THQ-UK:

quote:
We have been informed that we have run out of activation keys for this game, that is why every purchase attempt was rejected or cancelled.

If you have found a charge on your bank statement, rest assured that your money is soon going to reappear in your account (please allow up to 10 days).

In case the charge is still pending after this period, do not hesitate to contact us again and we will investigate further.

On the other hand, we are waiting for the publisher to provide us with new keys, and we hope to receive them during this week.

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay of our answer and we invite you to try to purchase the game again at a later time.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased one and got an error message saying to try again later. Yet they charged my card and got no email. Emailing customer service now so hopefully they manually send me a download code.

[quote name='Sexbomb']Never tried this sort of thing, how does the currency change work out ?[/QUOTE]

Paypal auto converts it, it comes out to 5.87 with the coupon.

Dang, that coupon makes it even better. Almost wondering if I should pick up an extra key or two for my friends that were interested in getting it. Anyone know how long the deal will be good for?

Getting an error message when using my Visa card.

Error: Did not receive HTTP 200 from fraud service. Response:
Found

The document has moved here.

[quote name='Masquerade']Getting an error message when using my Visa card.

Found

The document has moved here.[/QUOTE]

Same Here. Tried Firefox and Internet Explorer, neither working right now. Seems like a problem with the THQ site.

Checked my email and my online banking account to see any transactions but nothing. Might check on the site later because this deal is really good.

[quote name='Masquerade']Getting an error message when using my Visa card.

Found

The document has moved here.[/QUOTE]

Had this same problem earlier, seems to be working again. Although when i payed with paypal i was charged the price without the coupon. :/

SUCCESS! I used the Paypal Plugin to Generate a Secure Card. The transaction went through. In IE, there was an error:

HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error

I checked my Inbox and received e-mail confirmation of the purchase. I was able to validate the key on Steam. So, I'm G2G for now. There was also a bonus key. Likely the GFW LIVE code.

Thanks. That was easy using Paypal and worked great. I wasn't too interested in another RTS game, but for $5.87 and registered on Steam, I couldn't say no.

Tried again an hour ago and received an error message of HTTP 503. Followed by that I checked my online bank account and found out I was charged. Later, I received an email regarding to the transaction from my bank stating it as a suspicious action. So I called the fraud customer service department for my bank to verify my previous transaction. Now I have to wait for the email with the code. Seems it would have been easier to have a paypal account.

Update: Received my confirmation email hours later after I sent an email to THQ support.

I've tried paypal three times, after confirming payment it always kicks me back to the THQ order page saying "Error: Payment Refused". No e-mail, no paypal activity.

I got the "Error Payment Refused" and tried once with PayPal debit card & once direct through PayPal. Also got the call from fraud department. It shows 2 authorizations on my paypal account but no email or code from THQ.

[quote name='sdcranford']I got the "Error Payment Refused" and tried once with PayPal debit card & once direct through PayPal. Also got the call from fraud department. It shows 2 authorizations on my paypal account but no email or code from THQ.[/QUOTE]

Same. Site problems?

I've had a similar problem, my card wasn't accepted and the bank placed a block on it. After clearing up the block, the rep said the charge would go through and I confirmed that on my bank's website. However, no e-mail. I've contacted customer service, hopefully there will be a response.

Same story here. Tried with a credit card and a Paypal from my bank. The only thing I've received is a call from the credit card company.

[quote name='HiFiVictor']I've tried paypal three times, after confirming payment it always kicks me back to the THQ order page saying "Error: Payment Refused". No e-mail, no paypal activity.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I also tried a credit card, still no e-mail, still no bank activity online (not that it would reflect that right away).

[quote name='faithguy19']how did others get this to work with paypal?[/QUOTE]

For me, it just went through on the first try. Looks like it stopped working after that. Bummer.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I was refused while using paypal after numerous attempts. If someone has an extra key, I will send $8 over paypal.[/QUOTE]
I think it was more like $6 with the coupon, but yeah, same here, I'll cover whatever it cost if someone has another key.

[quote name='Unrealevil']I think it was more like $6 with the coupon, but yeah, same here, I'll cover whatever it cost if someone has another key.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it is like $5.70, so I said $8 to cover paypal fees and a little incentive, lol. Not much, but I would gladly take an $8 copy.

Regarding the Dawn of War II deal on THQ-UK:

quote:
We have been informed that we have run out of activation keys for this game, that is why every purchase attempt was rejected or cancelled.

If you have found a charge on your bank statement, rest assured that your money is soon going to reappear in your account (please allow up to 10 days).

In case the charge is still pending after this period, do not hesitate to contact us again and we will investigate further.

On the other hand, we are waiting for the publisher to provide us with new keys, and we hope to receive them during this week.

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay of our answer and we invite you to try to purchase the game again at a later time.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']Regarding the Dawn of War II deal on THQ-UK:

quote:

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.[/QUOTE]

I got that response as well this morning, and it's back to full price.

Damn its 19.99 now.

Wish Id noticed this earlier, I really wanted the game. Oh well, maybe be cheap again sometime soon.,

bread's done
Back