Day of Defeat Source $10 (with ati coupon)

rezendes

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you have purchased an ATI video card and recieved a coupon for a free copy of HL2, then you can purchase the HL2 SILVER BUNDLE through steam for a total of $10 and recieve:

Day of Defeat Source

I purchased the regular $50 HL2 when it came out, directly over steam. Is it possible to upgrade that as well? I wouldn't mind having DoD and HL1.

I have no clue as I have used the coupon instead of just purchasing HL2, but I would imagine so, why would they make you purchase the same thing twice... but then again not sure they would let you upgrade as easily as I did with the coupon, I think it's probably something they overlooked...

[quote name='Moxio']I already Have HL2 but i can't find HL2: Silver Package through it... Help please :)[/QUOTE]

I thought that they got rid of the Silver and Gold packages about 8 months ago

I stopped playing DoD about a year ago, then bought DoD:S about 2 months ago, played it twice and haven't touched it since, and have actually gone back to playing the original DoD. Source just wasn't as fun, and was really a completely different game. Not really worth it at this point, maybe if they do some serious refining to the game, it'll be goodd eventually.

I was on the Day of Defeat Developement team until I got lazy and my maps werent that good (remember, these games were hobby mods and not retail projects so I could be lazy!)

What exactly does it mean if someone says "Source"? Basically, a standalone game right? Not a mod?

Then why do people say Half Life source, even though it wasn't a mod?

[quote name='bassec']What exactly does it mean if someone says "Source"? Basically, a standalone game right? Not a mod?

Then why do people say Half Life source, even though it wasn't a mod?[/quote]

Well its the new updated version with new physics, graphics etc. So counter strike source is the updated version of counter strike that plays in the same engine as halflife 2 instead of Half life 1. Alot of people prefer the non source versions of these games. I dont know why exactly but they do.

What is Day of Defeat exactly? I never played it before, is it like counter strike?

[quote name='crazyj']Does anyone wanna give me their ATI coupon if they already have DOD:source and HL2??[/QUOTE]

You bumped from September '05 for THAT? Ugh.

To answer the other thing:

"What is Day of Defeat exactly? I never played it before, is it like counter strike?"

In that it's a team-based online FPS, yeah. Other than that, no. It's World War II-based, you respawn shortly after death (instead of waiting for round end), no money is needed to buy weapons (you pick your loadout when you first join the game and can change whenever you want). The objective is to capture flags instead of plant bombs or eliminate the other team (other objectives may be added to DoD:S in the future though, as the original Half-Life version of DoD had a much wider variety of stuff to do.

It's apples and oranges in the sense that they are both fruit, but that's where the similarity ends.

I enjoy it, although the original Half-Life version was superior, especially prior to the retail release. There are DoD:S mods in progress that are aiming to make the gameplay similar to the old DoD style though, so for 10 bucks it's pretty hard to go wrong here, this is probably my favorite WWII game as far as online play goes.

hey all as an employee at CC I can verify that this week DoD:S is on sale for 9.99 definitely a great buy for anyone out there who's interested.

bread's done
Back