Day of Defeat: Source

coolbrys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, this game releases in only one week... is there anyone who has preordered/preloaded it, or anyone who will buy it? This week it is only $17.96 (plus tax), making it a little cheaper then retail.

I was thinking if enough CAG's are going to get it, we could have a CAG clan... I'd be happy to keep it going.

you start a clan and I will sticky the thread for you. I really would have liked to have gotten this game, but at 20 dollars I will wait. Hopefully there is a package deal with this and Aftermath since I am definately getting Aftermath when it comes out.

I got the H-L 2 silver package, so I preloaded it,
you make a CAG clan and I definetely take some time off Halo 2 and play

i might look into to it but after what happen to CS:S im not about to jump right into, ill stick to dod until feedback comes from DOD:S

[quote name='trunks982']i got the HL2 Collector's Edition and no free DoD. that sucks[/QUOTE]

we did get a t shirt.

meh. we got shafted with the c.e. - although i love the dvd instead of 2314 cd's.

[quote name='Frogger']we did get a t shirt.

meh. we got shafted with the c.e. - although i love the dvd instead of 2314 cd's.[/QUOTE]

And it's fucking XL. I ain't no emo kid.

[quote name='The VGM']And it's fucking XL. I ain't no emo kid.[/QUOTE]

The hell does being an emo kid have to do with an XL shirt?

[quote name='Scorch']The hell does being an emo kid have to do with an XL shirt?[/QUOTE]
Because Emo kids like to eat ice cream when they are sad

and emo kids are always sad

so thats a lot of ice cream

mucho ice cream eating = Fatty

Hah, you know it...

But yes, I will be coordinating a DOD: Source clan, so I guess just tell me via this thread or PM if you want to join, what you expect from this clan, when you can play, etc... and I will get it all set up.

Practice starts on Monday!

I am just happy it's finally coming out! Avalanche itself is worth the 20 dollars for the game, and Valve really does support their products well. 4 maps is all I need with DOD.

I know the same can't be said for a lot of people, but I enjoy DOD how it is, so... yeah.

yea i got the CE and i feel raped, since i was very dissapointed with the package of pretty much nothing, i was hoping the would kick in DoD:S. and emo people are skinny and probably wear size small.

[quote name='Scorch']The hell does being an emo kid have to do with an XL shirt?[/QUOTE]

loooooooool Scorch wears little shirts

I dont know if I will get it....The only improvement looks to be the graphics and physics. Ive played the first game and It wasnt too good. And I will definitely not pay $20 for better graphics and physics

I saw the gameplay movie on gametrailers.com, and I don't know...flashlights? Invisible ones at that. Is this like Call of Duty, or Wolfenstein:ET? If it's like ET, I may consider it, but if not...eh

Okay, I've played it for hours today, and it is a blast. It stutters a bit (supposedly because of all the people who are trying to get into full games) but for the most part it is gone. I reccommend turning off HDR if you don't have the best computer.... it doesn't really affect much, and it gives a big performance increase (to me).

So, I guess just sign up for the clan, since I will be running it. PM me if you have to.

[quote name='coolbrys']I am just happy it's finally coming out! Avalanche itself is worth the 20 dollars for the game, and Valve really does support their products well. 4 maps is all I need with DOD.

I know the same can't be said for a lot of people, but I enjoy DOD how it is, so... yeah.[/QUOTE]
Yeah Steam's Support sucks, just wait until they ban you for oblivious reasons...

[quote name='Verbal']I dont know if I will get it....The only improvement looks to be the graphics and physics. Ive played the first game and It wasnt too good. And I will definitely not pay $20 for better graphics and physics[/QUOTE]
I agree.

Which version of HL2 should I pick up? I've been debating this for a little while now and I want to start playing the game already. Keep in mind that I can use that 10 dollar coupon at Best Buy.

There's the regular edition, which only has the game and CS, which I probably will never play. I played it once and didn't like it at all. That's 20 bucks after the rebate.

There's the CE. which also includes HL:Source, which I wouldn't mind checking out, and also comes with a shirt and book. I could care less about the shirt - how is the book? Is it just the strategy guide? After coupon, it's 30 bucks.

I also would like to get Aftermath when it comes out, but that's only going to be 13 bucks via Steam, right?

Then there's the Platinum edition which comes with Aftermath and DoD, and that's 60 bucks and doesn't come out until November:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646347

I might play DoD - I really dug Battlefield 1942 but don't really want to shell out 40 bucks for BF2. I would most likely spend some time with HL2 deathmatch, but that doesn't come with the regular edition or the collector's edition, but does come with the Game of the Year edition, which is absurdly priced at 50 bucks (40 after the coupon).

Your thoughts? Apologies for the slight thread-jacking, but I wanted to get an informed opinion. Besides, if I end up getting DoD, I'll probably be playing with y'all. Thanks!

bread's done
Back