Let's all price match on Amazon but these are all $9.99 at BB:

JL Flashpoint Paradox

JL Doom

Allstar Superman

Batman Year 1

Batman Dark Knight Returns

Superman Unbound

JL War is still on sale for $14.99 too

Check your stores. One of mine had a small cardboard endcap display with them on. Picked up DKR and may pick up Flashpoint later.
When you looked online did it say sold out in stores and they still had the cardboard thing? All the stores around me are sold out on DKR according to the website. I know for sure one doesn't have it, haven't physically gone to the other two to check...

my store had the cardboard display and in less than a day it was almost wiped out clean. the fact that the one copy of dkr that I got was just laying inside there shocked me lol

When you looked online did it say sold out in stores and they still had the cardboard thing? All the stores around me are sold out on DKR according to the website. I know for sure one doesn't have it, haven't physically gone to the other two to check...
All of the movies were apparently not sold in store anymore according to the website. so I ordered what I could online, Unbound is on backorder. I decided to check out the store, and they had all of them on a display for $9.99. = /

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the movies were apparently not sold in store anymore according to the website. so I ordered what I could online, Unbound is on backorder. I decided to check out the store, and they had all of them on a display for $9.99. = /
My store had 2 copies of everything on a dedicated cardboard display.

ymmv of course but I think BB has to have 3 copies for it to show up as "instock" on the website.

Well no luck for me : /

The 2 nearest Best Buy's don't have anything except War. Didn't even see any displays. Target's website said they had DKR blu in stock but when I went there to try and PM they didn't have any. There is another Best Buy a bit further away I could try but we just had a big snow storm and at this point I'm just wasting gas trying to save $15 lol. 

Oh well hopefully it'll be on sale on Amazon at some point this year...

How much for Doom?
My Doom only came with the bluray.

UPDATE: Okay.. I don't have slipcovers for anything but DKR as my Best Buy didn't include them. Only one I opened so far is Superman Unbound... I didn't know that UV code and a DVD copy was inside.. I thought it was only the bluray disc so I'm assuming that I actually do have the UV for Doom so I'll open it and check but for the UV codes I'd sell them for 3 bucks like everyone else does. I definitely wouldn't charge over that.... and if indeed I paid $9.99 plus tax for these movies, I look at it like 3 bucks UV, 3 bucks DVD and 3 bucks bluray basically lol

I just opened my JL Doom, Flashpoint, and Batman Year One

(All blu and included)

JL Doom - UV

Flashpoint - UV/DVD

Batman DKR - UV/DVD/slip

JL War - UV/DVD/slip

Superman Unbound - UV/DVD

Batman Year One - nothing

Suprised to see the UV codes and DVDs in some of these. Thats not bad. Already sold a few for $3-4.

Renting out space to other companies turns my already mini-version of best buy into one that is barely worth going into anymore unless all you want is a new release. Only DC movie they even stock that I could find is the DVD version of Superman unbound.

Not all the movies come with DVDs and later printings of those that did removed them.
Problem is that Best Buy is advertising most of them, at least the five I ordered, as being two-disc as well as showing an illustration on most of them that it's the combo pack. Flashpoint Paradox came as the combo release, JL: Doom and Batman: Year One came as single BD disc only. Not sure about Superman: Unbound or GL: Emerald Knights, as they're on the way. All of those are showing the combo release in the illustration save Batman: Year One though all of the product descriptions are listing the items as multi-disc, which would be the combo pack.

I expect Best Buy to make sure they keep their item description information current with correct description and correct product images, not some bait-and-switch worthy mistake waiting to happen.

Well, it's the same SKU so they probably just used the initial stock art. Unless WB sends them a new image and info nobody at Best Buy probably knows it doesn't include digital copies or DVDs.

Well, it's the same SKU so they probably just used the initial stock art. Unless WB sends them a new image and info nobody at Best Buy probably knows it doesn't include digital copies or DVDs.
It's the same UPC, so it would be the same SKU #.

Amazon gets the updated images and they make adjustments to the product descriptions, though they send it off to a new ASIN # when they make a change like that. Best Buy should be no different.

It's the same UPC, so it would be the same SKU #.

Amazon gets the updated images and they make adjustments to the product descriptions, though they send it off to a new ASIN # when they make a change like that. Best Buy should be no different.
I work in retail and many companies send us "special edition" products that are the exact same SKU as the normal product and we have no idea which one we will get until we open the box.

Nobody at Best Buy (or Target, or FYE, or Walmart) really notices or cares if it is a different version. If it's the same SKU, it gets packed in. If a large number of complaints come in they might change it, but it would have to be hundreds, if not thousands. Or if the guy who edits product info is bored. We'll even ignore that half the movies/shows have extremely incomplete titles in the listing.

If you don't like it, welcome to the world of retail.

Peter Weller was an amazing old Batman. He was perfect. I hated the guy from Lost as The Joker though.
The only part of Weller I didn't like was his speech during the Gotham blackout. He could've sounded a little more gruff but otherwise he was fine. Joker could've been done better though.

No, online it'll say something like "In Store Only". I just checked for DKR again, it looks like it's still in stock at one store in town and out of stock at another.

I wanted Batman: DKR, but my Best Buy never got any of these movies in, and was denied a price match at Target. 

Was able to pm DKR at Target. Actually got the steelbook version too!

The lady was really nice and said they usually don't pm prices if they are sold out but made an exception for me.

Went to the 3rd BB near me. They had the display thing. Most of the stuff was gone, including DKR as I figured. Picked up Batman Year One and JL Doom. 

Just got my copy of Flashpoint & Sups Unbound in the mail.  Lucked out and got combo packs with slipcovers on both.  I figured Flashpoint was good since it mentioned 2 disc, but I wasn't expecting it on the Superman.  The slipcover on the Superman got dinged in a corner since they choose to send them in a thin non-bubbler paper sleeve(I say sleeve because a standard paper envelope has more protection than this thin).  Plus it was torn on the back basically exposing that corner and then some, I'm surprise it isn't in worse shape.  I really wish someone would give their shipping departments a good swift kick.   

The Superman: Unbound I ordered came, well, not really, I got some dog-sledding movie called "Eight Below" instead. ON FULLSCREEN DVD! I hope they exchange it...

Anyone know how long these will be on sale?  Did a bunch of on call emergency calls this weekend and would like to reward myself by grabbing a bunch of the movies, but think I want to grab them later in the week if they're still gonna be on sale

I got some ultraviolet copies of Superman Unbound, Flashpoint, and The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe $3 each if anyone is interested, PM me. 

Anyone know how long these will be on sale? Did a bunch of on call emergency calls this weekend and would like to reward myself by grabbing a bunch of the movies, but think I want to grab them later in the week if they're still gonna be on sale
BB sales not listed in weekly ads generally last 2-4 weeks so its hard to tell when it ends... none of the stickers at my BB had a "This Sale Ends xx/xx/14" print like they normally do

REMEMBER JL DOOM  DIgital Copy EXPIRES 2/28/14

As I stated above if you dont plan on selling it and dont want it I would love one by PM but just a heads up regardless

Also Amazon matched flashpoint.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CENWUYK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=12121P660HZKS62BC8TF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

Some of the other movies are also 11 plus some change which is equivalent to tax (only a bonus if amazon doesnt tax you) for same cost.

REMEMBER JL DOOM DIgital Copy EXPIRES 2/28/14

As I stated above if you dont plan on selling it and dont want it I would love one by PM but just a heads up regardless

Also Amazon matched flashpoint.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CENWUYK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=12121P660HZKS62BC8TF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

Some of the other movies are also 11 plus some change which is equivalent to tax (only a bonus if amazon doesnt tax you) for same cost.
when do the others expire?

I'm guessing Doom was just a single without slipcase for everyone? Got mine in yesterday. I'm hearing some rattling around in there, has me a bit nervous, lol.

The Blu-rays are listed in the online ad this week for $9.99 so hopefully they either get more stock in or the stores that were holding their cardboard display thingies put them out today.

The Blu-rays are listed in the online ad this week for $9.99 so hopefully they either get more stock in or the stores that were holding their cardboard display thingies put them out today.
Yeah, here's hoping. I actually just came to this thread because of the ad this week. I had no idea this deal has been going on for a few weeks now and the titles are hard to find. I just searched for Dark Knight Returns on BB's website and came up empty, so that's not a good sign. I guess I'll head to the store this week and hope I can find it.

Any thoughts on Superman: Unbound? It's one of the only ones I haven't seen yet and I'm wondering if it's worth buying at $9.99 or if I should just rent it or wait until it's on Netflix.

Any thoughts on Superman: Unbound? It's one of the only ones I haven't seen yet and I'm wondering if it's worth buying at $9.99 or if I should just rent it or wait until it's on Netflix.
I redboxed it awhile back, I liked it enough I'll buy it for 10 bucks but I wouldn't pay more than that. I would prefer to pay 5 but I can live with it at 10.

Yeah, here's hoping. I actually just came to this thread because of the ad this week. I had no idea this deal has been going on for a few weeks now and the titles are hard to find. I just searched for Dark Knight Returns on BB's website and came up empty, so that's not a good sign. I guess I'll head to the store this week and hope I can find it.

Like Drahken said, it's decent but not spectacular. For $10 I'd say it's worth picking up.

Well I got the print ad and there was no mention of them at all. Since I was there I looked around I and couldn't find any of them as usual. I was hoping I could use the ad to price match elsewhere but oh well.

I tried unsuccessfully to find Dark Knight Returns at my local store today. I don't know when it happened, but almost all the BB stores in my area are in shambles. There's a sparse number of DVDs/BDs left on the shelves and it seems like they are never restocked. There was a small cardboard display on an endcap for the DC animated movies but of course Dark Knight was completely gone. SKU # is 1725175 

bread's done
Back