DC man orders flat-screen TV from Amazon.com, gets a semiautomatic assault rifle

Ugh, kind of a misleading headline.

He bought it from a third-party seller. Unless shipping was fulfilled by Amazon, they have almost next to nothing to do with this massive screw up.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Honestly, I half expected the article to say something like "a police search of his browser history revealed that he had recently visited Fandango.com to research The Dark Knight Rises showtimes", considering how sensationalized that entire thing has been.

Although it's a bit extreme and odd, this is nothng more than a shipping mix up...a pretty serious one, but nothing nefarious. Makes me wonder if the gun dealer got his package and was like "OH YES!!! Free TV!!!" lol.

Well I'm disappointed. I read this and thought Amazon was doing a deal where you order certain flat-screens and you get a semiautomatic assault rifle. Thanks a lot for the misleading title OP! /end joking and semi-seriousness

It would've been awesome, both considering the costs said guns usually are and the fact someone would do a promo like that.

bread's done
Back