DC Universe Online CE (PS3) $29.99 at Best Buy (Unadvertised)

[quote name='robbrism']So you are basically paying 30 bucks for the statue and the artbook?

D'oh. Better see if I can cancel now. Told you I knew nothing about MMOs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crazedracerguy']You also get some sort of status that allows you to get trophies - but you can do that for $5 in the game if you really want to. No deal for me - but I'm not much of a comic book guy... Glad I picked up KZ3 HE yesterday, though :)[/QUOTE]

DCUO is free to download AND free to play.
Check the gameplan:

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/

With your Collector´s Edition (or any other sealed copy of the game) you will receive a code to upgrade to Legendary status for 30 days (which normally cost $15/month).
The Legendary gameplan is the ONLY way to get trophies in DCUO.

[quote name='Serpentor']Ah, so the free to play game doesn't have trophy support. Well, looks like I have to wait for it to get cheaper.[/QUOTE]

If you are in the need for trophies... :roll:
You can play for free all the time you want and once you accomplish all the requirements for the trophies (check here), pay $15 (or activate your pass) to upgrade to Legendary and all the trophies will unlock instantly, also you will get access to both DLC´s.

[quote name='Serpentor']Wait a sec, so you're only given 30 days to get trophies if you redeem the code? That's not very cool if it's true...[/QUOTE]

You get an initial 30 days of Legendary access. If you want to keep the ability to get trophies (if you don't have them all already. They're not that hard to earn), you'll need to stay subscribed.

You can stop your subscription at anytime.

[quote name='FerDK']If you are in the need for trophies... :roll:
You can play for free all the time you want and once you accomplish all the requirements for the trophies (check here), pay $15 (or activate your pass) to upgrade to Legendary and all the trophies will unlock instantly, also you will get access to both DLC´s.[/QUOTE]

This is what you should do, but you need to load all of your characters that have met the requirements for the trophies to pop.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Can anyone confirm that the game comes in a cardboard sleeve and not an actual case? That pretty much ruins it for me.[/QUOTE]

Check a youtube unboxing of the CE. It comes in a cardboard sleeve; it has some cool artwork on it, but it's still a cardboard sleeve.

Hopefully this drops to $20. The Batman statue is real nice.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Can anyone confirm that the game comes in a cardboard sleeve and not an actual case? That pretty much ruins it for me.[/QUOTE]

Check a youtube unboxing of the CE. It comes in a cardboard sleeve; it has some cool artwork on it, but it's still a cardboard sleeve.

Hopefully this drops to $20. The Batman statue is real nice.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This game is fun even without the trophies. I don't know how long I will continue to play it, but it's quite fun at the moment.[/QUOTE]

already jump in but was thinking return back since its not selling like hot cakes and hope it will drop even more to save couple bucks :roll:

I feel like such a dummy. When everyone was talking about it becoming free to play, I never read much detail about it. I figured you had to buy the game first and then the online stuff was free to play. I had no idea they would just throw the entire game at you for free. I don't give two shits about trophies so not having those doesn't bother me in the least.

I will definitely be returning this. Crap. I feel like a goober.

Anyway...kind of related question...when you return something to a local BB store that you bought online from them, they give you full credit back, correct? One of my friends said that BB will only exchange or give you "store" credit and will not give you back a refund on any item bought online through them. I read their return policy on their website and it just mentions "credit" but doesn't really state whether that credit is back to you or if it is store credit.

So does anyone know if the legendary code sub will work for existing accounts? Cause I recall the Subway one-month codes only working on new ones.

[quote name='robbrism']I feel like such a dummy. When everyone was talking about it becoming free to play, I never read much detail about it. I figured you had to buy the game first and then the online stuff was free to play. I had no idea they would just throw the entire game at you for free. I don't give two shits about trophies so not having those doesn't bother me in the least.

I will definitely be returning this. Crap. I feel like a goober.

Anyway...kind of related question...when you return something to a local BB store that you bought online from them, they give you full credit back, correct? One of my friends said that BB will only exchange or give you "store" credit and will not give you back a refund on any item bought online through them. I read their return policy on their website and it just mentions "credit" but doesn't really state whether that credit is back to you or if it is store credit.[/QUOTE]
I think they'll credit you based on how you paid for the item.

edit: On second thought, I think they'll credit you either via gift card or an exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DonWii']My let me in order from Sunday just shipped today. They are backed up.[/QUOTE]

Mine too. It better arrive pristine. For $30 for a game that is now free, I'm not willing to forgive damage like I was on Bioshock 2 CE.

[quote name='emozolik']Wish this was for Xbox too... :([/QUOTE]Eh, MMO's in general can't really work with the Xbox Live sytem that Microsoft has created.

It's too bad. But fortunately I'm multi-console.

Well, missed out unfortunately. Checked and no stores had stock anywhere near me. Now BB has removed the listing from their site.

~KC

bread's done
Back