DC Universe Online PC $37.99, Dead Space 2 PC $34.99

Can you confirm the DC Universe code actually works, because I don't exactly like the idea of buying an MMO code from another person unless I know its going to give me a working code.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']is it download or physical ?[/QUOTE]

It is for the digital edition. They email you the cd key to activate the game. You get it fairly quickly though. I got mine in about 1 hour.

[quote name='Gden']Can you confirm the DC Universe code actually works, because I don't exactly like the idea of buying an MMO code from another person unless I know its going to give me a working code.[/QUOTE]

I purchased from them about 2 weeks ago. You get 30 days free once you activate the code and input your billing on the dc universe site.

http://imageshack.us

Do they have game cards to use for subscriptions? I went to best buy yesterday to buy a video card and looked for a game card as well but didn't see any.

All I can say is, I play DC on PS3 and it hasn't left my system since I got it. It's amazingly good and addictive, even if everyone is waiting for some simple fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DeathDream']Is Dead Space 2 activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

No. The only way to get Dead Space 2 on Steam is directly purchased on Steam, unfortunately. EA has their own "Download Manager" and doesn't want to completely kill it :p

[quote name='Aliens']No. The only way to get Dead Space 2 on Steam is directly purchased on Steam, unfortunately. EA has their own "Download Manager" and doesn't want to completely kill it :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what sucks about that is they want you to pay them two year later if you want to download it again. Laaaaaame

I think it is two years...

[quote name='DeathDream']Is Dead Space 2 activate on Steam?

Edit: Not on the list... sigh[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 2 is activated on EA Download Manager. You gotta buy it from Steam to activate it from there.

[quote name='DeathDream']Yeah, what sucks about that is they want you to pay them two year later if you want to download it again. Laaaaaame

I think it is two years...[/QUOTE]

Really? I never knew EA would charge you after 2 years if you want to download again.

that's why you burn a copy when you buy it from EAstore, problem solved, it'll authenticate and download patches on its own free after copying back the installer files, unless of course EA servers go down. but that's another issue/topic.

[quote name='Grinchy']All I can say is, I play DC on PS3 and it hasn't left my system since I got it. It's amazingly good and addictive, even if everyone is waiting for some simple fixes.[/QUOTE]
A big part of MMORPG is communicating with other people, how's the communication in DC? Seems like it'd be tough without a keyboard.

I am pretty new here but I can say they are legit as for me and my friend. I was able to purchase and got my key from them. I recommended the site to a friend who purchased Cataclysm from there and he got his key also.

I paid using credit card using their authorize.net payment. I see a lot of online sites that are big use authorize.net and also on the bottom of their site, there is a authorize.net button you can click and it says they are verified by them.

I bought DCUO last night using google checkout. Still have yet to receive my key but I did get an email saying they would send my key within 24 hours of payment. Ill update when I receive my key.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Also looking for confirmation, $40 Crysis 2 sounds pretty good. Too good to be true, actually.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to pre order crysis 2 also but I am a bit low on cash. I think I will just wait until release to purchase from them.

[quote name='Morandor']that's why you burn a copy when you buy it from EAstore, problem solved, it'll authenticate and download patches on its own free after copying back the installer files, unless of course EA servers go down. but that's another issue/topic.[/QUOTE]

wait, wait, EA Downlaod only last two years and if you want to re-download it's additional cost? what the f? how do i backup my downloads then, i don't remember it giving me iso or exe (but i haven't used it in a long time either)

I just activated Dead Space 2 through EADM with the code they sent me, so the site seems legit (I'll post an update once it's fully downloaded and installed). It took exactly an hour from purchase to receive the code.

Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 at $42 each is extremely tempting. Anyone have any experience with pre-orders on this site? I'm guessing not--Norton doesn't have any info on the site, so I assume it's fairly new.

Update: No problem with activation. Shouldn't have been, since it was through EADM, but just to put that out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Morandor']that's why you burn a copy when you buy it from EAstore, problem solved, it'll authenticate and download patches on its own free after copying back the installer files, unless of course EA servers go down. but that's another issue/topic.[/QUOTE]

lets look at the facts... that issue is vastly inferior to steam and other sites where you can redownload any game you purchase for free for life.

the fact that you have a limited window to download the game in alone kills their download service, but when you throw in their proprietary dl manager and everything else in there as well you have an inferior product.

if they want to compete with other digital download services they need to be on par with them. So far not even close.

They sent me my DCUO key and it activated just fine. My only complain is it took them the better part of 48 hours to send my key. But they gave me a $2 credit for making it take so long if that means anything.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']As far as I know, the two year thing on EA DM hasn't been true for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't even think it's true. It seems like you can download it anytime from EA Download Manager

[quote name='TraBuch']A big part of MMORPG is communicating with other people, how's the communication in DC? Seems like it'd be tough without a keyboard.[/QUOTE]

You can plug in a keyboard and wear a headset. So you can type all your commands or tells/shouts but when you're in a group you can voice chat so you don't have to worry about typing anything. It works really nicely, and it'll be really nice when they patch up the social menu.

bread's done
Back