DC Universe Online (PS3) $36.99 at Amazon

Yes, its still a very active community. I've been playing it recently and am really enjoying it. The fucking monthly fee blows goat balls though.

if any of you CAG's pick it up, sent me a FR. I'm down to play anytime

DON'T BUY IT.

The game is fucking broken. It's a really cool concept, but they cannot seem to fix the PS3 version. If you want to pay $15/month to restart your PS3 every time you spend an hour putting a group together, be my guest. Jump on this "deal."

It froze up on me once early in the game's life cycle, but that is it. I was in the beta, and despite the fact that I had never played an MMO and I balked at the idea of paying a monthly fee, I haven't regretted my purchase once. $10 a month (DCUO Legends deal) well spent.

The server population is usually listed as "Low" late at night and "Medium" other times, but the servers are merging to provide a more streamlined experience.

Lots of freezes for my ps3 and the shooter control scheme has never worked such that I am playing melee. (Instead of ranged as was my pref). I want a refund and I'm still in my trial period.

Hey, I play every day after work casually. Great game and even better online community. The people that are hardcore on PS3 are really great dudes and everyone is willing to help.

As for freezing, I haven't had any in a week.

[quote name='FerDK']Ships from and sold by Amazon.
Free shipping.

DC Universe Online Ps3 $36.99

I got a question for the people who has recently played this or is still playing...

Is the DCUO Ps3 online community still alive and thriving?

Any comments about this would be appreciated.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]I smell a $20-$25 sale thru multiple retailers or $15-$20 off @gamer coupon incoming before Sept. to go along with another round of lower sub. cost announcement.

[quote name='Enuf']I smell a $20-$25 sale thru multiple retailers or $15-$20 off @gamer coupon incoming before Sept. to go along with another round of lower sub. cost announcement.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt count on a gamer coupon anytime soon. they just had one for DCUO two or three months ago

[quote name='henry00x']i refuse to pay for any game that requires a monthly fee[/QUOTE]

So why the fuck are you in here then? You act like your post adds anything to this thread. No one gives a shit whether you want to pay a monthly fee or not.

[quote name='ssjmichael']So why the fuck are you in here then? You act like your post adds anything to this thread. No one gives a shit whether you want to pay a monthly fee or not.[/QUOTE]
citizen_kane_clapping_gif_RE_If_The_Internet_Suddenly_Disappeared_How_Wed_Get_Laid-s480x360-132744.gif

[quote name='Brother Daz']I wouldnt count on a gamer coupon anytime soon. they just had one for DCUO two or three months ago[/QUOTE]never know my but my guess is they'll use stacking coupons in the mag to effect stock on games instead of clearancing them out. Highly doubt they'll be re-ordering DCUO again.

[quote name='ssjmichael']So why the fuck are you in here then? You act like your post adds anything to this thread. No one gives a shit whether you want to pay a monthly fee or not.[/QUOTE]

U mad?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes, its still a very active community. I've been playing it recently and am really enjoying it. The fucking monthly fee blows goat balls though.

if any of you CAG's pick it up, sent me a FR. I'm down to play anytime[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']It froze up on me once early in the game's life cycle, but that is it. I was in the beta, and despite the fact that I had never played an MMO and I balked at the idea of paying a monthly fee, I haven't regretted my purchase once. $10 a month (DCUO Legends deal) well spent.

The server population is usually listed as "Low" late at night and "Medium" other times, but the servers are merging to provide a more streamlined experience.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dylandersen']Hey, I play every day after work casually. Great game and even better online community. The people that are hardcore on PS3 are really great dudes and everyone is willing to help.

As for freezing, I haven't had any in a week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your answers guys, it´s great to hear that some of you are part of the DCUO community.
I was in the beta too and as a DC comics fan I enjoyed it a lot (it´s my first MMORPG ever).
I have a sealed copy of the game sitting in my shelf since January (which I got for "free" in a B2G1 from Amazon). I´ve been busy with my other games but I´ll definitely start DCUO this July.

For those people who complain about monthly fees, don't forget that you get ONE free month whenever you purchase a new copy of the game.

bread's done
Back