DD or physical copies?

gkargreen

CAGiversary!
which do you prefer? I like the idea of DD insofar as I will then have many games on my memory card ready to go at any time, but like the DD on the iphone/ipad, etc., they have no resale value. The physical copies can always be resold or traded, which I understand that the gaming companies would like to stop so as to reap as much money as possible from their products, but the DDs are usually more expensive than what I can get new games for, much less for used games. I don't mind paying the low prices for small games on the ipad/iphone, but when games are $30-40, physical copies are often the better value. Of course, saying that, all my PSP games cannot be played on my Vita, since they are all physical copies...

I would be ok with DD, if I had the freedom to play the copy on any compatible system of my choice, and that my ability to play it couldn't be locked down remotely.

As long as I always have access to the download (like on steam or the app store) I prefer digital. I can buy it anytime, and I can put multiple games on one card instead of one card per game. I don't like boxes, etc I never know what to do with them :)

Digital. I save so much shelf space for other things. It's ridiculous how big the cases are when the actual size of the game is so small.

Since I got my Vita, I have switched over to digital almost exclusively. I have five Vita games, and only Persona 4 is physical, and that's because I want to the Solid Gold Premium Edition.

A combo of both. I like having games like Hot Shots and Lumines which I know I'll go back to on the device. Other games which I'll play through and dump I prefer physical so I can resell.

[quote name='jackpot.']if the memory cards where reasonable i would go all digital but at those prices i go hard copy[/quote]

+1

Prefer to get physical copies over digital titles more often, there's no guarantee I'll be able to play my games on Sony's newer systems as they come out. Hell, I can't even play some of my digital purchases now like Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Bomberman's Fantasy Race on the vita.

Requiring an internet connection on both my Vita and PS3 just to transfer over games, music, etc. is also a turn off.

[quote name='Over easy']Digital. I save so much shelf space for other things. It's ridiculous how big the cases are when the actual size of the game is so small.

Since I got my Vita, I have switched over to digital almost exclusively. I have five Vita games, and only Persona 4 is physical, and that's because I want to the Solid Gold Premium Edition.[/QUOTE]

Your reason is really shelf space? Just buy a small case that can hold all the game cards and throw away the original cases.

I always prefer physical because I can resell them and I don't have to deal with any DRM, but I'll buy a digital version if it's cheap enough (under $5) and it doesn't take up a lot of space on my memory card.

interesting mix of answers here, I just picked up 3 vita games on the GS B2G1 deal, that, totaled up, were half of what I would have to pay Sony for in DD, and that does not include the memory card, which, right now, is the main reason I have not signed up for PS+! Unfortunately, a recent article on IGN seems to indicate that Sony is really going forward with DD or physical copy lockdown to ONE damn device, what happens if my Vita breaks or gets stolen, all those games will not play on my new vita, PS3, 360, etc. Not happy with what the future looks to be bringing...

1000% for physical copy. Can't guarantee how long digital copy last & it not worth any penny after you done with the game. Physical copy which can hard to find in the future if you can keep it perfect condition you sure get your money back somehow ;)

[quote name='gkargreen']interesting mix of answers here, I just picked up 3 vita games on the GS B2G1 deal, that, totaled up, were half of what I would have to pay Sony for in DD, and that does not include the memory card, which, right now, is the main reason I have not signed up for PS+! Unfortunately, a recent article on IGN seems to indicate that Sony is really going forward with DD or physical copy lockdown to ONE damn device, what happens if my Vita breaks or gets stolen, all those games will not play on my new vita, PS3, 360, etc. Not happy with what the future looks to be bringing...[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard that Sony was locking games to one device - that's very disappointing. I wish they'd take notes from Steam - they don't give a crap how many PCs you have Steam running on, as long as your account stays in good standing.

There's not a lot of savings of $ to be had if you go DD unless you pick up titles on super sale right? I can get used Vita games at some of my local stores for 40-ish percent off. Then there is re-sale if you are done with the games. It does cheapen the experience that there are no manuals though.

bread's done
Back