DDR Mario Mix Plug N Play $29.99 EB/GS

I went into one of my local GS brand stores last night and almost tackled the damned box when I saw it because I thought it was the rare game. However, I realized it's actually a plug and play unit, not the game that's rare for Gamecube.

I don't have a link to it or anything, but it SHOULD be available at your local GS store.

How are these plug n play DDR games? I've seen Disney DDR, and Strawberry Shortcake DDR (LOL). The Mario one sounds pretty cool...but, how does it compare to say buying the actual game and mat?

Will it have all the features?? If there's a workout mode, then awesome :)

How are these plug n play DDR games? I've seen Disney DDR, and Strawberry Shortcake DDR (LOL). The Mario one sounds pretty cool...but, how does it compare to say buying the actual game and mat?

Will it have all the features?? If there's a workout mode, then awesome :)

[quote name='mtxbass1']This is the regular price. Where is the deal?[/QUOTE]

If you buy it at the store there is no shipping! No shipping has been a deal here for about a month! :roll:

[quote name='lilboo']How are these plug n play DDR games? I've seen Disney DDR, and Strawberry Shortcake DDR (LOL). The Mario one sounds pretty cool...but, how does it compare to say buying the actual game and mat?

Will it have all the features?? If there's a workout mode, then awesome :)[/QUOTE]

I think it's a joke from what I have heard. They are 16 bit graphics and the music is supposedly non lyrics like the Gameboy Color versions of DDR (those versions use MIDI files for the music) and they have a very limited song selection (Disney Mix has 9 songs where the US PS1 version had 18 songs and the Japanese PS1 version had over 20 songs).

Plus the concept of Plug and Play DDR is ridiculous. No way the pad is any more durable than a regular PS1/PS2 soft pad that wears out after a few months. With Plug and Play, once the pad wears out, you are stuck buying a completely new set up rather than a replacement pad.

Konami is getting out of hand with these games. I even saw "My First DDR" at Target the other day (yes it was really called that).

I've seen the Disney mix one, but not the Mario one. I wonder what would be better the plug and play version or trying to find the Gamecube version. I have a feeling the Disney one may not be as good as the PsOne version.

Thanks for the heads up. The first time I saw a stack DDR Disney Mix plug and play I had a heart attack, then I realized it was just some garbage.

Sorry to piss on everyones parade....there is no Mario plug and play! Only Mickey, Strawberry shortcake, and My first DDR.

[quote name='TimPV3']I don't see why you would tackle it, last year my EB was stacked with those things after the reprint.[/QUOTE]

That was last year and this is this year. Welcome to 2007. :roll:

[quote name='electroslag']Nintendo would never license a plug and play mario game because it would take sells away from the gamecube and wii[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if the Gamecube version is out of print and not sold anymore and they don't want to re-print it, they can still make some money this way

[quote name='YoshiFan1']

Konami is getting out of hand with these games. I even saw "My First DDR" at Target the other day (yes it was really called that).[/quote]

How about you try the one that needs a dvd movie player with two pads that don't plug into anything?

Seriously, I go to Bemanistyle constantly. There's no such thing as Mario Mix. Konami would have put out a press release about it.

[quote name='Nohbdy']How about you try the one that needs a dvd movie player with two pads that don't plug into anything?

Seriously, I go to Bemanistyle constantly. There's no such thing as Mario Mix. Konami would have put out a press release about it.[/QUOTE]
omg, a bemani fan, high-five

[quote name='Nohbdy']How about you try the one that needs a dvd movie player with two pads that don't plug into anything?

Seriously, I go to Bemanistyle constantly. There's no such thing as Mario Mix. Konami would have put out a press release about it.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I forgot about that one. I saw it at Best Buy a few weeks ago and laughed at how stupid it was.

I know I sound like one of those DDR elitists saying this but I really hate how DDR has gone so mainstream to the point they are releasing garbage like this (and you know it's bad when there are DDR toys at Burger King)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Oh yeah I forgot about that one. I saw it at Best Buy a few weeks ago and laughed at how stupid it was.

I know I sound like one of those DDR elitists saying this but I really hate how DDR has gone so mainstream to the point they are releasing garbage like this (and you know it's bad when there are DDR toys at Burger King)[/QUOTE]

I agree very much.

However, there is a positive to this. DDR = exercise. If getting kids (and just people in general!) to exercise more this will be one of them positive things for the video game industry, rather then "OMGZ MY SON SAW A BOOBY!1!1! GAMES = EVILZ!1"

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I think it's a joke from what I have heard. They are 16 bit graphics and the music is supposedly non lyrics like the Gameboy Color versions of DDR (those versions use MIDI files for the music) and they have a very limited song selection (Disney Mix has 9 songs where the US PS1 version had 18 songs and the Japanese PS1 version had over 20 songs).

Plus the concept of Plug and Play DDR is ridiculous. No way the pad is any more durable than a regular PS1/PS2 soft pad that wears out after a few months. With Plug and Play, once the pad wears out, you are stuck buying a completely new set up rather than a replacement pad.

Konami is getting out of hand with these games. I even saw "My First DDR" at Target the other day (yes it was really called that).[/quote]

Most kids would get bored with this game long before they wore out the pad.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Oh yeah I forgot about that one. I saw it at Best Buy a few weeks ago and laughed at how stupid it was.

I know I sound like one of those DDR elitists saying this but I really hate how DDR has gone so mainstream to the point they are releasing garbage like this (and you know it's bad when there are DDR toys at Burger King)[/QUOTE]
Heh, if you were a REAL DDR elitist, you wouldn't even be playing DDR anymore (Pump am I right?), which is the biggest irony. :D

[quote name='daveymark']how is the regular version game rare? I've seen these at my local targets[/QUOTE]

Have you *really* seen them there recently? I find that people often claim such things but it was really from last Sept or something (when they were still fairly easy to find). I'm not saying it's not possible that they are in your area. If so, you are damn lucky. I haven't seen one in any store since last October, and not in "mainstream" retailers (like Target, Best Buy, CC) since summer. And this is something I always look for when I'm game shopping. Yes, they were everywhere for a few months after the reprint last April/May. But most of the reprint was sold out by end of summer - and nearly all of it by November. I have no doubt there are a few stragglers laying around (maybe stock from backrooms and such). The game is about $20 of fun - but worth much more on ebay ;).

For example:

$150:
http://cgi.ebay.com/GC-WII-Gamecube...0QQihZ018QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$125:
http://cgi.ebay.com/GAMECUBE-Dance-...7QQihZ008QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$138:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DDR-DANCE-R...1QQihZ009QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And those are just from the last few days. They sold for more before Christmas.

You know what IS stupid? Konami not telling us how to unlock the final song in DDR Extreme on the PS2 for .. 2 years? Then it comes out it's a push button code that you "earn" by playing a shitty Burger King flash game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Heh, if you were a REAL DDR elitist, you wouldn't even be playing DDR anymore (Pump am I right?), which is the biggest irony. :D[/QUOTE]

I play Pump and ITG casually but I play DDR more than both of them combined.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I think it's a joke from what I have heard. They are 16 bit graphics and the music is supposedly non lyrics like the Gameboy Color versions of DDR (those versions use MIDI files for the music) and they have a very limited song selection (Disney Mix has 9 songs where the US PS1 version had 18 songs and the Japanese PS1 version had over 20 songs).

Konami is getting out of hand with these games. I even saw "My First DDR" at Target the other day (yes it was really called that).[/QUOTE]
What do you expect? It's easy money. The engine is done, and has been done. All they need is to arrange the song some, do the cover if need be, and get the license. Much cheaper than most games to produce, with a much higher profit margin. As long as people keep buying them, it will keep being easy money.

[quote name='M3wThr33']You know what IS stupid? Konami not telling us how to unlock the final song in DDR Extreme on the PS2 for .. 2 years? Then it comes out it's a push button code that you "earn" by playing a shitty Burger King flash game.[/quote]

The DDR community is more settled on the possible fact that it was meant to be revealed at a much earlier time but something really threw things out of frigging whack.

[quote name='io']Have you *really* seen them there recently? I find that people often claim such things but it was really from last Sept or something (when they were still fairly easy to find). I'm not saying it's not possible that they are in your area. If so, you are damn lucky. I haven't seen one in any store since last October, and not in "mainstream" retailers (like Target, Best Buy, CC) since summer. And this is something I always look for when I'm game shopping. Yes, they were everywhere for a few months after the reprint last April/May. But most of the reprint was sold out by end of summer - and nearly all of it by November. I have no doubt there are a few stragglers laying around (maybe stock from backrooms and such). The game is about $20 of fun - but worth much more on ebay ;).

For example:

$150:
http://cgi.ebay.com/GC-WII-Gamecube...0QQihZ018QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$125:
http://cgi.ebay.com/GAMECUBE-Dance-...7QQihZ008QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$138:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DDR-DANCE-R...1QQihZ009QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And those are just from the last few days. They sold for more before Christmas.[/QUOTE]

There's like 3 at the Target I go to, always see them there, under the Wii games.

[quote name='io']Have you *really* seen them there recently? I find that people often claim such things but it was really from last Sept or something (when they were still fairly easy to find). I'm not saying it's not possible that they are in your area. If so, you are damn lucky. I haven't seen one in any store since last October, and not in "mainstream" retailers (like Target, Best Buy, CC) since summer. And this is something I always look for when I'm game shopping. Yes, they were everywhere for a few months after the reprint last April/May. But most of the reprint was sold out by end of summer - and nearly all of it by November. I have no doubt there are a few stragglers laying around (maybe stock from backrooms and such). The game is about $20 of fun - but worth much more on ebay ;).

For example:

$150:

$125:

$138:

And those are just from the last few days. They sold for more before Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Had I not seen this phenomenon for myself I would have thought the guy who posted above about seeing 3 every day at his Target was full of it.

However, after Thanksgiving while I was out of town and hitting the sales, I saw no less than 20 of them at various places (including 10 at one Target alone). It has everything to do with what area of the country you are in...And yes, at that time these were just as "rare" and going for well over $100 on Ebay.

bread's done
Back