DDR Pads

XboxMaster

CAGiversary!
Hey, I got like $50 to spend on a DDR pad. I can't afford an Xbox DDR game, so I'm looking for a PS2 pad, since there's a $6.99 PS1 DDR game at my local Game Rush. I called everywhere that would have them and I mostly heard about cheap ones, but here are the two I'm deciding between.

From EB: http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/239539.asp

From Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1063897973536&skuId=6011727&type=product

The EB one got mixed customer reviews, but Best Buy doesn't have any customer reviews. I'm aware of the process of modding a cheap pad to make it real good, but it sounds like something I couldn't do. I also know these are not top-quality pads, and that's okay, I'm looking for decent ones. So, does anyone have any experience with these?

Nobody knows anything about these pads? 'Cause I really need to know ASAP. I'm kinda taking modding a cheap one into consideration, but I don't know how hard it would be...

I do not speak from experience, but from what I've seen, the 'modding' can be as simple as stapling the pad to a large sheet of plywood, and wrapping it with plastic.
Check out ddrfreak.com for some ways of doing it.
Then again, if you're buying a pad for 15 bucks, unless it's a total piece of crap, just get another one if/when it breaks.

I dont know how good these are personally, but if you find yourself with a couple extra bucks in the future, I hear this is a good place to get a ddr pad (but they are not for "cheapa**gamers") :lol:

www.levelsix.com

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I dont know how good these are personally, but if you find yourself with a couple extra bucks in the future, I hear this is a good place to get a ddr pad (but they are not for "cheapa**gamers") :lol:

www.levelsix.com[/quote]

I ordered a dance pad from them (Level Six) a month ago. The order status listed has been "in shipment." An email to their customer service dept. inquiring about the MIA pad went unanswered. Calls to their number elicited an answering machine message without fail (it certainly sounded more like a personal answering machine message and not a message from a professional voice-mail system.) Just today, I finally received an email response when I tried to email their sales dept: it has been on back-order.

This, despite my having seen their web site go from listing the item as in stock (when I first ordered it, which I do not blame them for, since it could obviously have just sold out at about the time I ordered it)..and then to back-ordered...then to back-ordered with a reduced price because of a long delay...to in-stock again at full price...to back-ordered again! I asked myself,"I ordered this full price for...what?" :? They did not change the price on my order to the reduced price, nor indicate the status of the order as "item on backorder." Disappointing.

[edit : I've canceled my order. A tip: don't waste your time emailing the customer support address indicated on their website. Email their sales dept. in order to obtain a response ([email protected]).]

For the best deals, eBay is by far the cheapest way to get a quality pad. The problem is trying to sift through the pads on eBay to see which ones are good and which ones aren't.

I'll just tell you to stay away from a wireless pad, especially by Pelican. I have one, paid $40 for it, and it rarely works. It's a decent pad, but the wireless is hard to get working correctly. I thought I would take a chance and get the pad at Gamestop because of all the lifetime warranties, but they want me to pay $5-$10 for shipping. I have the official Konami pad on Xbox. Works great, but the pad is very thin and feels kind of cheap. I might try and buy a better pad, by Red Octane. Those are the pads I'd probably recommend, since they are the most popular by DDR freaks.

That Beat Pad by Madcatz works just fine for me. I even have the cheaper version of the one you have listed (got it from my gf, but I know its like $18). It definitely is better than those reviews say. I'm just a beginner at the game and don't play it a ton so I don't need a pad that can take a ton of abuse, just one that will keep working. Mine has not ripped or anything (just follow their instructions and don't wear shoes) and it really doesn't slide away or anything, though I could see where it would when the game gets faster and harder.

Nevermind, I misunderstand the deal. If I do order one from Lik-Sang, then it'll be one of the $9 ones since shipping is so high...

Well speaking from experience also, soft pads probably will only last you a good month or so of use. Ignition soft pads should be good for maybe 2 or 3 months but then start screwing up with ghosting and rapid fire steps. Personally, the one on lik-sang looks pretty good but avoid the ones from BB and EB.

Actually, I bought a pad from ebay. It's a very good pad (not metal) the problem is, I misread it and paid like $40 for it. I thought it was for 2 pads. Hey, I can sell you mine. Just don't know how to ship it.............

[quote name='rudeboie']The RedOctane pad is a very good pad. An it's available at EB[/quote]

Well, I just called my EB about that one and they don't have any in and don't get them in regularly. They said they just get them in random occasions. I'm a time over quality guy, so I'm just gonna get the $35.99 Universal Beat Pad Pro instead.

bread's done
Back