DDS1 and Disagaea still available through ATLUS

lvgamer1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm not sure if this counts as a 'cheap deal', but for those that really want the games and/or can't find it for a reasonable price, this is kind cool (I think).

Again, not sure if this counts as a deal (or if its even been posted before), so no flaming please.

You can purchase "preowned, refurbished copies" of DDS1 and Disagaea directly from ATLUS. They test the disk, and repackage it with manual and original case. Here's a snippet of the e-mail chain:

>>Yes we run the same deal with "Disgaea: Hour of Darkness", but the price
>>is $40.00 instead of $45.00.

>>
>>You can purchase a preowned refurbished copy of "Digital Devil Saga"
>>from us for $45.00 USD(shipping included). With refurbished games, we
>>test each copy we send out to ensure that you're getting the best
>>version available from our current stock. The original box, case,
>>manual, and soundtrack are all included.
>>
>>To order, simply send payment via PayPal to [email protected] or send a
>>check or money order payable to Atlus U.S.A., Inc. to:
>>
>>Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
>>15255 Alton Parkway, Suite 100
>>Irvine, CA 92618
>>c/o: Customer Service
>>
>>Allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Please indicate the address you would
>>like us to mail it to in your order. If you have any questions, feel
>>free to e-mail me back.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Carl
>>Atlus U.S.A., Inc.

Is it really that impossible to find DDS1 anymore? Each time I look for it on ebay I see it going for $60+. Is this $45 from atlus the really best price I can expect for this?

It was $35 the last time I checked (for disgaea anyway) I never got my copy though. I'll bite if they're still doing this though.

$45 used is a deal for either one of those games. unless you find a game crazy that randomly gets one traded in. they sell for 14.99 used.

[quote name='partygirlie21']Where is this on the website? I couldn't find anything...[/quote]

I don't believe that they have it listed on their website. I think you have to email them specifically about it.

I have a copy of DDS 1 in extremelyl good condition and Nocturne. Would be willing to part with both for a good price. What would be my best bet? Ebaying both at 65 each or would i get more bundling them together and setting a reserve?

[quote name='usfbchmguy']I have a copy of DDS 1 in extremelyl good condition and Nocturne. Would be willing to part with both for a good price. What would be my best bet? Ebaying both at 65 each or would i get more bundling them together and setting a reserve?[/quote]

Is it that hard to check the completed eBay listings yourself and make a decision about it? :roll:

[quote name='usfbchmguy']I have a copy of DDS 1 in extremelyl good condition and Nocturne. Would be willing to part with both for a good price. What would be my best bet? Ebaying both at 65 each or would i get more bundling them together and setting a reserve?[/QUOTE]

definitely selling them individually..

[quote name='waxHead']Is it that hard to check the completed eBay listings yourself and make a decision about it? :roll:[/QUOTE]

yea,I'm sick and tired of people asking the same question over and over again.How much can i get for ebay an item?Just go check youself.

[quote name='usfbchmguy']I have a copy of DDS 1 in extremelyl good condition and Nocturne. Would be willing to part with both for a good price. What would be my best bet? Ebaying both at 65 each or would i get more bundling them together and setting a reserve?[/QUOTE]

Sell them individual because you can get more potential bidders.You only bundle to force their hand and bundle with much lower value game.Bestbet is to put a buy it now or reserve to protect against snipers

The shin megami and digital saga varies pending on the item

shin megami-limited or non limited
digital saga-contents(box,cd,music cd and extras)

No, the information isn't on the website - I e-mailed them directly.
The prices listed in the original post (e-mail) should be current because I just got those e-mail replies a day ago.

If you want to confirm anything, feel free to e-mail ATLUS yourself. They are very prompt and friendly with the responses.

To me, the prices are fair, and I would rather pay ATLUS then a hoarder.

However, on a whim, a called a few GameCrazy stores in my town and one of them actually had a used copy of DDS1 for 14.99.

I think The Disgaea price is definitely worth it (if you can't find any cheaper). I had that game at one point and logged somewhere around 160 hours on it....and still didn't really 'max out' my party.

[quote name='lvgamer1']
I had that game at one point and logged somewhere around 160 hours on it....and still didn't really 'max out' my party.[/QUOTE]

Transmigrating all the chars will take you forever to do.That is reason they invented gamesharks and proaction reply

Does anyone know if it's the Deluxe version of DDS1? I haven't been following it, so I don't know if only the Deluxe version came with the soundtrack or whatever.

Also, I'm a little bit iffy about sending $45 straight to paypal to that e-mail, not because I think it's a fraud or anything, but because I don't know how many copies they have in stock or anything...

[quote name='mirthoneist']Does anyone know if it's the Deluxe version of DDS1? I haven't been following it, so I don't know if only the Deluxe version came with the soundtrack or whatever.

Also, I'm a little bit iffy about sending $45 straight to paypal to that e-mail, not because I think it's a fraud or anything, but because I don't know how many copies they have in stock or anything...[/QUOTE]

send them an email to that email address to confirm the in stock atatus. they should reply within one day. then paypal the money if they confirm it is in stock. I also used the note fields to confirm what I would be getting.

"Digital Devil Saga with the original box, case,manual, and soundtrack all included."

Just in case.

Yes, it is the Deluxe version. Yesterday, I asked them specifically about the slipcase and soundtrack and they said it is all there.

[quote name='lvgamer1']i didn't ask about the Nocturne....

It's entirely likely that they have a similar deal..
Has anyone e-mailed and asked?[/QUOTE]

That's how I got my copy of Nocturne; used from Atlus. It was the original limited edition with the soundtrack too (although they seem to have printed a billion copies of that soundtrack!). That was a few months ago, but I wouldn't be suprised if they still had it.

[quote name='lvgamer1']i didn't ask about the Nocturne....

It's entirely likely that they have a similar deal..
Has anyone e-mailed and asked?[/QUOTE]

I emailed them asking them what other games they have under this program. I hope they respond to me today. when they do I will post the response here.

the non deluxe version of dds 1 is when you buy it from gamestop during b2g1 free. gamestop throws the extras into the garbage because they take up too much space

[quote name='dracula']the non deluxe version of dds 1 is when you buy it from gamestop during b2g1 free. gamestop throws the extras into the garbage because they take up too much space[/QUOTE] that's like a stab in the chest

"Right now we are only offering DDS($45), Disgaea($40) and Shin Megami
Tensei: Nocturne($40) as refurbished games."

got this in an email from atlus.

I hope this helps.

For anyone on the fence about getting these....

If you like RPGs and/or tactics games at all, these are definitely worth the $$.

Disgaea is fun and LONG...if you're into building and maxing characters, you can easily spend 100+ hours on this game.

Nocturne can be played through multiple times (new game+), and there are a lot of extras (one of which is demon/angel collection/creation). Also, easily one of the hardest RPGs i've ever played.

[quote name='sesshoumarusama']oh snap I think I may get Shin Megami Nocturne now.[/QUOTE]

seconded, I just emailed Altus to get instructions on how to get this

Places my order for DDS1 yesterday, and emailed them again asking if they had any Nocturne too, and they said $40. $85 for both isn't too bad!

I just realized heard how Nocture is harder than DDS which is currently kicking me in the nutts. I may have to pass on getting it from Atlus. But getting Disgaea from them would be one of my priorities

you send payment directly to them or using paypal.

Is anyone else curious about Atlus's sales strategy? It's kind of intriguing - what does refurbished mean? So people returned these copies?

[quote name='jngx80']you send payment directly to them or using paypal.

Is anyone else curious about Atlus's sales strategy? It's kind of intriguing - what does refurbished mean? So people returned these copies?[/QUOTE]

my guess is that these were returns from video game stores. They then inspect them and resell them.

I was pretty impressed with my DDS order. I got a Nocturne soundtrack, a Steambot Chronicles demo and an Atelier Iris 2 soundtrack.

The game was in mint condition. They seemed to do a pretty good refurb job.

:bouncy:Many manufacturer including Casio, Kodak sell there return via third party or directly to the end-user consumers when they return the item back from the retailer/distributors. By law, once the item is returned open, it can not be sold NEW therefore they are sold as "Refurb" or "Demo" or "Display." Ocassionally, there may be glitch or two somewhere in the middle of the game but most part these items are working. I know EA and few other large pubishers destroy there returns to prevent from being returned second time around. They are good as the "Preowned" games. :applause: :applause: :applause:

bread's done
Back