[DEAD] $11.99 160gb 8mb cache SATA 2.5" HD (PS3 compatible?)

welcome to dell.com, where they have the most amazing policy of listing insanely awesome prices, holding onto your money for a while, and then telling you that it was a mistake and that they aren't liable for it.

[quote name='Burchamj']do they give any free gift cards or the such when they screw up?[/quote]

I was given a 10% coupon when they screwed up before but they REALLY screwed up so I don't know if you would get anything or not.

[quote name='Burchamj']do they give any free gift cards or the such when they screw up?[/QUOTE]

simply put, no. several CAGs ordered external hard drives from dell last week, and all we got were cancellation emails after they held onto our cash for 4 days.

...and I just got a call this morning that the 8800GT I ordered in November and has been delayed ever since has been "Discontinued" and they are canceling my order. I got a different 8800GT between then and now, but it just goes to show you that Dell likes to mess around.

It's not quite $20, but if you are signed up for the Newegg newsletter, you might eventually get a coupon code for free shipping and/or $5 or $10 off. You could end up getting a 120GB 2.5" OEM drive for about $50, in that case.

This shit is going to get cancelled because I didn't buy one. I have the miracle touch of making deals actually come true.

After the mass cancellations, I hope DELL at least gives the people who ordered coupons this time.

Anyone else happen to notice that the $11.99 is 'starting price'. I clicked through the link that the poster above me provided and I noticed that right off.

So, they could try and get around the 'error' by saying that the $11.99 was not a guaranteed price, but rather a 'starting price', as it says it right on the site.

[quote name='opportunity777']This shit is going to get cancelled because I didn't buy one. I have the miracle touch of making deals actually come true.

After the mass cancellations, I hope DELL at least gives the people who ordered coupons this time.[/QUOTE]
Did you get in on the Walmart fiasco with SSBM?

Maybe I should go play the lotto since I won $200 from SuperBowl pool and Nintendo Wii bundle from company holiday party.

[quote name='keithp']Got an email confirmation of the order. We'll see if it ships though.[/QUOTE]

It won't. Dell hasn't changed their tune on price mistakes in the past week, methinks.

bread's done
Back