(DEAD) $12 off select Pre-orders $49.99 & Up! *NewEgg*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks op. Since this is coming in spring, decided to preorder GTA V for my bro as a Christmas present. Well, mostly for him :)

Not sure why newegg won't let it work on WiiU titles.. the price of those games are going to plummet anyway. MSRP should be $49.99

Pre-ordered DmC (since it's not on Best Buy's list for next year) as well as Epic Mickey 2 and Lego LOTR all on 360. Not sure if I'll get the last 2 but I figured I'd lock deals in in case I decide I want them. Holding off on games that are further away since I'm sure there'll be more specials like this. Thanks OP.

Oh man...now this is tempting. It's probably the cheapest I'm going to find Black Ops 2 (PC) anytime soon. Not to mention it comes with Nuketown 2025 with the pre-order.

Total after $12 off promo & tax is $51.47.

Should I? Think it's really the cheapest I'll find between release date and mid December?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Oh man...now this is tempting. It's probably the cheapest I'm going to find Black Ops 2 (PC) anytime soon. Not to mention it comes with Nuketown 2025 with the pre-order.

Should I? Think it's really the cheapest I'll find between release date and mid December?[/QUOTE]

People are selling Steam Codes of Black Ops 2 on the Steam Trading thread for about $38.

I have 4 preorders using the $12 off for upcoming WiiU releases (from the previous times they ran this promo) Does anyone know if those will hold up and they just recently made the exception?

Are you able to apply the code to WiiU games NOW or is it disabled? I hope this is just a new change, I'd be real bummed if I had to go preorder those 4 titles somewhere else. :(

[quote name='gmoneyftw']I have 4 preorders using the $12 off for upcoming WiiU releases (from the previous times they ran this promo) Does anyone know if those will hold up and they just recently made the exception?

Are you able to apply the code to WiiU games NOW or is it disabled? I hope this is just a new change, I'd be real bummed if I had to go preorder those 4 titles somewhere else. :([/QUOTE]

It's been disabled the last couple times they've ran the promo but if you have an order from when they worked they should honor it.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Oh man...now this is tempting. It's probably the cheapest I'm going to find Black Ops 2 (PC) anytime soon. Not to mention it comes with Nuketown 2025 with the pre-order.

Should I? Think it's really the cheapest I'll find between release date and mid December?[/QUOTE]

I would wait for the Xmas sale. It's bound to be on there for at least 20% off.

Thanks Op, gonna preorders the new GTA V
ce

[quote name='FatherChesz']Great way to get Bioshock Infinite for the PC at $38. Everywhere else has it at $60.[/QUOTE]

Yup, locked a copy in as well.

Meh, I already have the regular Bioshock Infinite edition ordered, decided to lock in the $79.99 edition, just in case. It's still about 4 months or so off, so I have time to cancel if I find I can't swing it by Feb/March.

I remember MW3 dropped to $40 in early December last year. Though personally, I say go for it - sometimes you get a surprise. For example, everyone said wait for Halo 4 limited edition's inevitable clearance sale and it sold out.

Man, I can't decide = Assassin's Creed 3 for WiiU (pre-ordered previously) or PC?

On the one hand, the PC version will be graphically superior, etc.

On the other hand, this kind of game seems like the perfect reason to try out the WiiU's gamepad - assuming the "features" of the gamepad are not just tacked on.

Yes! Been waiting for this for Halo 4. I'm sure this has been asked 100 times, but any idea when I'll get it?

[quote name='Bizzquik']Man, I can't decide = Assassin's Creed 3 for WiiU (pre-ordered previously) or PC?

On the one hand, the PC version will be graphically superior, etc.

On the other hand, this kind of game seems like the perfect reason to try out the WiiU's gamepad - assuming the "features" of the gamepad are not just tacked on.[/QUOTE]

Ubi seems to be putting a lot of effort into working with the new controller. Probably not a bad bet.

I'm at the point where I can't find anything worth preordering with this coupon since the eligible games are either (a) part of the $20 RZ promotion at Best Buy next year, or (b) not day-one purchases for me.

I am, however, eagerly awaiting the day Newegg finally lists Fire Emblem: Awakening for preorder and subsequently has another "$10 off $40+ preorders" promotion. :D

I wish they would do $10 off from $40. Last time they had it that worked for me was back in early September. Got some new things to pre-order with that now.

Stupid taxes... I guess this will work. Maybe Amazon will pull their heads out of their asses and offer a better deal...

[quote name='vigilante']
i am, however, eagerly awaiting the day newegg finally lists fire emblem: Awakening for preorder and subsequently has another "$10 off $40+ preorders" promotion. :d[/quote]
this!

[quote name='VipFREAK']Stupid taxes... I guess this will work. Maybe Amazon will pull their heads out of their asses and offer a better deal...[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath. Amazon has been an average Joe since they started semi-copying other people's game prices instead of introducing deals on their own couple years ago. Now with CA tax, even a decade old customer like myself is jumping ship. Right now, Newegg, Fry's, Best Buy, are better than Amazon. It pains me to say this but even Gamestop is almost surpassing Amazon.

dammit. i was hoping to nab some more wii u titles. guess we'll just have to wait and see if newegg decides to stop being so stingy later this year.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Right now, Newegg, Fry's, Best Buy, are better than Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Frys? What deals do they have?

[quote name='VipFREAK']Stupid taxes... I guess this will work. Maybe Amazon will pull their heads out of their asses and offer a better deal...[/QUOTE]

after amazon started charging tax to cali they were dead to me. bestbuy and newegg got better deals...

[quote name='VipFREAK']Frys? What deals do they have?[/QUOTE]

They often have titles for $49.99 on Day 1. Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed 3 come to mind.

Do you guys think they will continue to do these $12 off deals into the first quarter of 2013? or do you think they will end this after christmas?

I'm trying to decide if I should preorder a bunch of games coming out 4 months from now or if I should just wait.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Do you guys think they will continue to do these $12 off deals into the first quarter of 2013? or do you think they will end this after christmas?

I'm trying to decide if I should preorder a bunch of games coming out 4 months from now or if I should just wait.[/QUOTE]

May as well preorder everything you think you might want now. If you change your mind or find a better deal elsewhere, it's easy to cancel. There's no guarantee that Newegg will keep sending out there all inclusive codes.

I'm sure this has been asked in previous newegg pre-order threads, but newegg doesn't charge until the game ships, right? There are a few games I want to pre-order for next year, but i don't want to charge that to my card right now.

[quote name='jj5206']I'm sure this has been asked in previous newegg pre-order threads, but newegg doesn't charge until the game ships, right? There are a few games I want to pre-order for next year, but i don't want to charge that to my card right now.[/QUOTE]
Yes that is correct.

[quote name='htz']Yes that is correct.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. Do I need to do separate orders for each pre-order?

[quote name='jj5206']Okay, thanks. Do I need to do separate orders for each pre-order?[/QUOTE]

No, although I recommend it, makes it easier if you need to change or cancel one

[quote name='jj5206']Okay, thanks. Do I need to do separate orders for each pre-order?[/QUOTE]

To use the $12 off code, yeah. One game per code use.

After much toiling (and cancelling it like 3 times) I finally decided to keep my pre-order "Of Orcs and Men". I'm trusting that it will still come out in disc form over here. I know it was released in Europe on disc and as a download bought in the Playstation Store over here. It's been getting some great reviews, so we'll see how that works out.

lol I really have to slow down on this pre-order mess. So much stuff coming out early next year ._.

How is newegg shipping with pre-orders? Do they usually ship out on that Tuesday the game releases with the free three day shipping?

Sorry I am asking so many questions, I've never ordered anything from Newegg.

[quote name='jj5206']How is newegg shipping with pre-orders? Do they usually ship out on that Tuesday the game releases with the free three day shipping?

Sorry I am asking so many questions, I've never ordered anything from Newegg.[/QUOTE]

You will get different answers from different people here, but my experience is Newegg usually ships to me the day before release and (with free 3-day shipping) I get the game on Thursday.

[quote name='jj5206']How is newegg shipping with pre-orders? Do they usually ship out on that Tuesday the game releases with the free three day shipping?

Sorry I am asking so many questions, I've never ordered anything from Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Newegg is pretty much on the ball with everything. I pre-ordered WWE '13 and it shipped Monday and I got it Wed. With the $12 of promo deals, you'll get free 3 day shipping. My only issue, and it really isn't an issue as it is a preference, is that with some things they ship in a regular box and others will be those mailing envelopes.

Plus with deals like this, it'll be cheaper to do Christmas shopping for games as most of the time you'll pay just that $47.99, whereas if you buy it from a store, you'll end up spending $65 with tax, easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back