(DEAD) 2 Select Blu Rays for $23 + tax - bestbuy.com

I ordered Wanted CE and Coraline 3D. BB canceled Wanted CE. I just checked my order status on BB. They are charging me $39.99 for 1 copy of Coraline 3D!!! Forget that, I'm canceling this order.

I ordered Wanted CE along with Inglorious Basterds. They canceled my Wanted CE and charge me full price of Inglorious B which is $19.59 after tax. My IB already shipped out yesterday. Check your order status on the website.

[quote name='kk012']I ordered Wanted CE and Coraline 3D. BB canceled Wanted CE. I just checked my order status on BB. They are charging me $39.99 for 1 copy of Coraline 3D!!! Forget that, I'm canceling this order.[/QUOTE]

If you read your cancellation e-mail you would see the following:

If you have other qualified blu-ray movies on your order you will still receive it at the sale price; however, you will see a charge on your account at the item's regular selling price plus any applicable taxes and once the item ships out you will see a refund on your account in order to honor the item at the $11.49 bundle offer plus any applicable taxes. Note there is no action your part.

[quote name='Amc5kidz']If you read your cancellation e-mail you would see the following:

If you have other qualified blu-ray movies on your order you will still receive it at the sale price; however, you will see a charge on your account at the item's regular selling price plus any applicable taxes and once the item ships out you will see a refund on your account in order to honor the item at the $11.49 bundle offer plus any applicable taxes. Note there is no action your part.[/QUOTE]
Well that's ok of them if they do it to me and refund anything but I'd highly doubt it's legal. What if the regular price charge is more than what you authorized to pay to begin with? I can't charge someones card for an amount they didn't authorize and then tell them hey dont worry about it, I'll pay you back! Good old Best Buy...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Well that's ok of them if they do it to me and refund anything but I'd highly doubt it's legal. What if the regular price charge is more than what you authorized to pay to begin with? I can't charge someones card for an amount they didn't authorize and then tell them hey dont worry about it, I'll pay you back! Good old Best Buy...[/QUOTE]

While this is true, you still end up getting Coraline 3D for $11.49 in the end. I'm willing to throw Best Buy some rope if I end up with Coraline 3D for that price.

I too received the cancellation email and like stated above it said I would be charged the larger amount and then credited the amount on my credit card and I would still get the deal. I have no problem with this as long as I get my copy of Wanted: Collectors. However; I woke up today to an email telling me my order was cancelled all together. This, is not acceptable. I will wait a bit to see if it's just them rearranging things to still get me the deal but you don't send one email saying you get it and then turn around and not give it. So I'll just wait patiently for disappointment.

^ I believe they meant any item that you purchased along with the one that was cancelled. Meaning, if you got one of the 3 that got cancelled PLUS something like Inglorious Basters(like I did), you would be chared large amount for Inglorious but then credited back later.

The 3 error items won't be shipping regardless.

Actually I decided to go ahead and call BB Online customer service. So I reread through the email and I read it wrong! I feel like a total ass now. I thought it said I would still get the movie but they would apply a discount. It actually said Wanted was cancelled and I would still get cirque du freak at the correct with the discount applied to my CC. I called told the poor girl that they said I would still get it and why am I not? She corrected everything and resent me the movie and discounted it for me. I was nice, but now I feel bad because I misread it. But not too bad since they put it up incorrectly to begin with.

Thank you for your recent blu-ray movie order on BestBuy.com. This e-mail serves to inform you that there was an error on our site regarding the 2 for $22.98 Blu-ray Disc movies bundle offer. The offer details are as follows:
1. Select two of the qualified blu-ray movies as listed here.
2. Add to Cart and receive the two blu-ray movies for $22.98

Due to a set-up error there were three items that are actually not part of this bundle offer. They are listed below. You have ordered at least one of these items; and as a result, the item(s) will be canceled from your order. This error has now been corrected on BestBuy.com.

Coraline Collector's Blu-ray Edition (SKU 9616698)
Wanted Blu-ray (SKU 9071862)
Hellboy II: The Golden Army Blu-ray (SKU 9071666)

If you have other qualified blu-ray movies on your order you will still receive it at the sale price; however, you will see a charge on your account at the item's regular selling price plus any applicable taxes and once the item ships out you will see a refund on your account in order to honor the item at the $11.49 bundle offer plus any applicable taxes. Note there is no action your part.

You will receive an e-mail confirming the credit once it has been applied. Credits to your credit card should appear on your statement within your current or next billing cycle. Please contact your credit card company with any questions regarding your credit after it has been applied.

If you used a Best Buy gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement

[quote name='chuckywang']While this is true, you still end up getting Coraline 3D for $11.49 in the end. I'm willing to throw Best Buy some rope if I end up with Coraline 3D for that price.[/QUOTE]
Right I have no problem with it at the moment, as long as they don't cancel the Coraline 3D altogether, or try to charge full price and don't issue the refund. I'm guessing in the end it'll just be canceled just because it's Best Buy. I'll still end up with free RZ certs if they do cancel though so I dont really care regardless.

Anyway I'm ever so slightly surprised they're canceling the Wanted CE as it's still available at the link and still comes up as $23 for 2 copies when added to cart. Morons.

I actually wanted the Wanted CE more than the Coraline 3D because I already have Coraline on blu-ray. I just decided to cancel the Coraline 3D because even if the BB e-mail is true that BB will charge me the discount price when it ships or I pick it up in-store I don't really need the Coraline 3D disc.

I never received any notice in my e-mail about there being some sort of correction if there was a charge for full price.

i ordered wanted CE and HB2 CE. when i looked at my online account, they had indeed canceled the wanted CE. fine. but they had added another HB2 CE at full price. then at the bottom, they returned the cheaper of the 2 leaving me paying full price.

is there something I'm missing? This sounds like a bait and switch to me

Well I got the email about them not honoring the price so I called them and asked if the order was going through or being cancelled as it didn't reflect that on my order. The lady then says OK i cancelled your order for you. I said huh? I didn't ask you to do that. She said she asked me twice and then she cancelled it. I asked her to place my order again and she told me that she would send it to another department for them to look at it. Here is there response.

Dear Brad,
This is Tara with Best Buy Dot Com Research Supervisory Team. I am contacting you regarding case# 81052*** in regards to order# BBY01-376771003***. I have looked into your case and in the case notes it says that you called in to cancel your order and the agent asked you twice if you wanted the order canceled and you said you did. After the agent canceled your order you said you didn't want it canceled and you want the order replaced for the same price.
Unfortunately, we cannot replace the order for you for the same price. You chose to cancel the order and that is what the agent did by your instructions.
I apologize for any inconvenience this has cause you. If you have any further questions you can reply to this e-mail or call 1-888-BEST-BUY.
Sincerely,
Tara
Dot Com Research Supervisory Team

I was pissed. So I called again and after about an hour with them some guy finally called me and was very nice and placed both orders for 22.98, looks like no tax, and free shipping again for me. They also are sending a 20$ gift card. I was just surprised that I was treated like this with best buy. The lady lied when she said i asked to cancel. I told them why would i call cancel the order and then ask to reorder. Nonsense.

it doesnt look like im gonna get my sale price. it shows up after tax as ~$19 bluray of Inglorious Basterds. the email said i will be refunded with the sale price..... didnt it?

I've had those similar issues with Bestbuy.com and orders magically being canceled, GeorgeConstanza though it's been a while since I've had that issue. Good to know they're honoring the price and giving you a $20 GC on-top of the new order.

My in-store pickup order for Coraline 3D is showing that it's in the "checking inventory at store" status, which means it's been sent to the store and it's waiting to be picked. I'm curious if it'll be honored.

If you ordered both items with price mistakes (Coraline CE and Hellboy II CE) then there's nothing to gain, since both of them are on the cancel list. However, if you happen to order Coraline CE with something else or Hellboy II CE with something else, the "something else" is honored, meaning that even though you need to buy TWO to qualify the promotion, you're excused...

Here's the e-mail (dated 12/28/10):

Order Number: BBY01-123456789
Dear Serpentor,
Thank you for your recent blu-ray movie order on BestBuy.com. This e-mail serves to inform you that there was an error on our site regarding the 2 for $22.98 Blu-ray Disc movies bundle offer. The offer details are as follows:
Due to a set-up error there were three items that are actually not part of this bundle offer. They are listed below. You have ordered at least one of these items; and as a result, the item(s) will be canceled from your order. This error has now been corrected on BestBuy.com.
You will receive an e-mail confirming the credit once it has been applied. Credits to your credit card should appear on your statement within your current or next billing cycle. Please contact your credit card company with any questions regarding your credit after it has been applied.
If you used a Best Buy gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement.
If you are still interested in one of these items you may place a new order for this item at its current selling price. Please go to www.BestBuy.com for details.
We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience. Please have your order number handy so that we can serve you faster.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com,
Best Buy Customer Care

[quote name='Serpentor']If you ordered both items with price mistakes (Coraline CE and Hellboy II CE) then there's nothing to gain, since both of them are on the cancel list. However, if you happen to order Coraline CE with something else or Hellboy II CE with something else, the "something else" is honored, meaning that even though you need to buy TWO to qualify the promotion, you're excused...

Here's the e-mail (dated 12/28/10):

Order Number: BBY01-123456789
Dear Serpentor,
If you used a Best Buy gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement.
If you are still interested in one of these items you may place a new order for this item at its current selling price. Please go to www.BestBuy.com for details.
We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience. Please have your order number handy so that we can serve you faster.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com,
Best Buy Customer Care[/QUOTE]

I ordered Wanted CE and Inglourious Basterds. Wanted CE was backordered and got canceled. They shipped out IB to me and I have received it. But I still dont see the credit.

[quote name='trunks982']I ordered Wanted CE and Inglourious Basterds. Wanted CE was backordered and got canceled. They shipped out IB to me and I have received it. But I still dont see the credit.[/QUOTE]

Give it a little bit more time... I ordered Coraline CE and Coraline 3D, the CE got canceled but picked up Coraline 3D today at $39.99 (I opted for store pick up). I'll wait for the credit to kick in...

It clearly says:
You will receive an e-mail confirming the credit once it has been applied. Credits to your credit card should appear on your statement within your current or next billing cycle.

[quote name='Serpentor']Give it a little bit more time... I ordered Coraline CE and Coraline 3D, the CE got canceled but picked up Coraline 3D today at $39.99 (I opted for store pick up). I'll wait for the credit to kick in...

It clearly says:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was about to return it to the store.

I just picked up my copy of Coraline 3D for $11.49 + tax without any issue and the receipt I signed to pick it up showed the correct price after $2.50 of my $5 RZ cert used on the purchase.

Well, i ordered Coraline CE and Hellboy 2 CE and Hellboy 2 CE got canceled Coraline CE was in back ordered but didn't canceled. However, they charged me full price. I called BB and as of now, they can't price adjust or give me credits bec. it still in back ordered. I will follow up my credit or price adjustment when it gets shipped. I also have a case number for my credit... If they will not price adjust, i will definitely return the movie.

Despite this problems. They sent me a 2 $20 holiday Reward zone certificate... I called many times following up my 1000 RZ points and they added twice by mistakes... LOL! I hate and love you BB... LMAO!

[quote name='shrike4242']I just picked up my copy of Coraline 3D for $11.49 + tax without any issue and the receipt I signed to pick it up showed the correct price after $2.50 of my $5 RZ cert used on the purchase.[/QUOTE]
Wait a sec, there's no adjustment at all? You don't even have to wait for the credit to kick in? WHAT?!?!?!

Oh wait, you didn't order Coraline 3D with one those back ordered titles right?

[quote name='Serpentor']Wait a sec, there's no adjustment at all? You don't even have to wait for the credit to kick in? WHAT?!?!?!

Oh wait, you didn't order Coraline 3D with one those back ordered titles right?[/QUOTE]I ordered Coraline 3D (not the non-3D CE) and A Serious Man for in-store pickup, using a $5 RZ cert on the purchase. A Serious Man was picked for pickup pretty quickly after the order and Coraline 3D was sitting as a pre-order until yesterday. Yesterday, it went to "checking store inventory" until last night, when it went to available for in-store pickup.

I didn't order any of the CE sets, just the titles listed above. At no time did I get an email about the order nor did the pricing on the order change in any way.

[quote name='shrike4242']I ordered Coraline 3D (not the non-3D CE) and A Serious Man for in-store pickup, using a $5 RZ cert on the purchase. A Serious Man was picked for pickup pretty quickly after the order and Coraline 3D was sitting as a pre-order until yesterday. Yesterday, it went to "checking store inventory" until last night, when it went to available for in-store pickup.

I didn't order any of the CE sets, just the titles listed above. At no time did I get an email about the order nor did the pricing on the order change in any way.[/QUOTE]

Smart man... Yeah, in your case there's no credit to kick in. For those of us ordered Coraline 3D with one the canceled titles, I think we have to wait :whistle2:(

I'm not opening my Coraline 3D until I see the credit. Otherwise, it will be returned ($40!!!!)

I canceled my coraline 3d order since it was listed as full price. Even though the email said they would give a credit back, I seriously doubt they will. I'll be interested to see what happens with you guys who pick it up with it listed at $39.99.

I had ordered 2x Coraline 3D (the one that released yesterday) and it had gone to back ordered but I just checked again and now it says order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days, so that's good to see I think.

Edit: And they've shipped. Good stuff.

My order wasn't canceled or adjusted, and I was able to switch it to in-store pickup so I think I'm good with Coraline 3D. The problem is the other half of my order, being In Bruges since both versions are listed as DVD on the website. When I go in for in-store pickup, the cashier can look at the SKU of the order, right?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']My order wasn't canceled or adjusted, and I was able to switch it to in-store pickup so I think I'm good with Coraline 3D. The problem is the other half of my order, being In Bruges since both versions are listed as DVD on the website. When I go in for in-store pickup, the cashier can look at the SKU of the order, right?[/QUOTE]The ops rep who picks the order should compare SKU #'s when they fulfill the order for pickup, though I've had them make the occasional mistake. I'd grab a printout of the page when you go and show them that it lists the DVD in the description though shows the BluRay in the picture. If there's a shelf tag or yellow stick-on tag, it'll have the SKU on it.

Canceled one of my online orders which was Wanted CE and Coraline 3D, since Coraline magically became $39.99.

Luckily the next order i placed with 2 copies of C3-D still had the right price and i picked that up no problem.

Got my Coraline 3D and In Bruges, both were the correct versions/titles they held for me for in-store pickup. Problem is the Coraline slipcover is practically torn to shreds. Gonna have to rebuy and return with a good slipcover.

Update, I returned my Coraline 3D copy to the store. The promised credit never kick in. I'm tired of waiting... My original order amount was $25.02, but BB charged me $39.99 for Coraline, they actually charged me for more than what my order amount!!! Yeah, they promised to adjust, but I just don't see it (waited for a week).

My Coraline CE shipped on 1/6/11, then I called the following day to follow-up my case number (which i supposed to get a credit of 48.50... I got this e-mail on the 8th, I also checked my CC and the credit was applied! I can't wait to get my Coraline CE!

1/8/2011
Order Number: BBY01-xx6754xxxxxx

Dear ZEN:

A credit in the amount of $48.50 has been applied to the order you placed on 12/26/2010.

Get more information on this order by checking your order status.

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions.

For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

^ more power to you :) Maybe it works for people use the shipping method (which is free). I opted for store pick up and the credit didn't kick in.

bread's done
Back