DEAD - 20% off Games and DVDs at DeepDiscountDVD

[quote name='trustcompany1013']when does this end??????????[/quote]

No idea. DDD will probably pull it soon regardless of expiration though.

You can preorder Maddern 2005 or NCAA 2005 for $36, which is pretty good.

Thier site is murder.

Soooo sloooowwww...

They're going to pull the deal before I can get the damn thing to load to place my order.

And I just order the Star Wars from Amazon. Guess I'll cancel that order and go with this one. Thanks man!

They did this before X-Mas. It lasted, don't worry. This is killer deal! Stock your cart, find space on your shelves, because if you don't do Columbia House this is the next best thing.

I've NEVER seen the site this slow. I think maybe they're getting heavy traffic from this deal... although it dosent seem so hot for games as most of the stuff they have even with the 20% are costing 2.50 more than they should normally.

Need For speed Hot Pursuit (PS2) $28.29
after 20% off and DDD $22.60
Normally..... $19.99 anyplace else.

DDD, great for Dvds... "meh" for games.

I'm on a dsl connection and I'm having a hell of a time trying to buy the reno 911 season 1 dvd. Has anyone actually been able to make it all the way through without an error to buy something?

i just got through the site again farely quick (like 5 minutes total wait)

However !!!!!!!!

You can only use the code 1 time per user account !!!!!!!

I was so happy to get starwars i just ordered it with the 20% off

But i wanted Ncaa 2005 for 45.99 - 20% too But i cant get that now.

So be sure to find everything you want Before you use the code.

And hurry up!!

[quote name='jimbodan']I'm on a dsl connection and I'm having a hell of a time trying to buy the reno 911 season 1 dvd. Has anyone actually been able to make it all the way through without an error to buy something?[/quote]

Just did. Took about 10 minutes to load 3 items into the cart and another 5 to check out (they had all my info from previous orders). Not a single error.

Mozilla FireBird 0.6

Edit: DSL connection as well. 3.0/384

someone should edit the first post to include

coupon code is 1 time use per account.

So people know. and get to buy a bunch of games/dvds at 20% off .

Just bought Simpsons Season 4 for under $30. Gotta love this site. Thank you guys. I've gotten so many good deals today (LoZ:FSA, LoZ, SS4)...

[quote name='rodeojones903']red flare - im in little rock and I order from them all the time[/quote]

North Little Rock here, though. It has to be exactly how it is on my credit card. I fit "North Little Ro" then it can go no further.

[quote name='red flare graf'][quote name='rodeojones903']red flare - im in little rock and I order from them all the time[/quote]

North Little Rock here, though. It has to be exactly how it is on my credit card. I fit "North Little Ro" then it can go no further.[/quote]

Try calling them to place your order and explain. I've never had a bad experience with them.

I found both Upright Citizens Brigade and Richard Kern's Hardcore Collection at ddd.com for half the price of anyone else. I totally support and endorse them even if their shipping time isn't the greatest.

[quote name='buddy the puppy']what do you mean "do columbia house"? i heard they are overpriced.[/quote]

They typically are, but when you sign up there are a few different deals you can do. Most of those can actually wind up being pretty good if you can find the entire list of DVDs available for their "new subscriber" price rather than just the list they send you in the mail (usually a so-so list).

And what can make CH a deal is that once you buy your commitment you can cancel and sign up again getting the sign-up deals all over again.

It's been a while since I've done it though; so things may have changed in the 2 or so years since I stopped.

Just sign up for CH, pick your DVDs, then do your fulfillment, cancel your acount, and repeat.

Average price of each DVD is ~$7.

Chris

[quote name='b3b0p']Just sign up for CH, pick your DVDs, then do your fulfillment, cancel your acount, and repeat.

Average price of each DVD is ~$7.

Chris[/quote]

columbia house doesn't have the selection of deep discount dvd.

Yep, dead. And I only placed half my order last night because the damn site was moving sooooo slow. Curses!

For those who got orders in, I hope they honor them, they have always been good in the past. I didn't get an order in, but since they are testing, it seems likely they will start this promotion up again at some time in the near future. I can't wait (I spent a couple hundred when they ran it last year).

Iyt was posted on dvd talk through a customer representative that all orders placed before the code was pulled WILL be honored... a big thumbs up to DDD for doing this :)

[quote name='zman73']Iyt was posted on dvd talk through a customer representative that all orders placed before the code was pulled WILL be honored... a big thumbs up to DDD for doing this :)[/quote]

Yay for DDD. I'll keep doing business with them. This is proof of all the good things I've heard about them....

Look out you guys. I checked my order status just now and they charged me the full price (ie no discount) on my DVD. I sent them an email and hopefully it'll all be cleared up, but if I don't get the charge changed back I need something to fight them with...

[EDIT]: Ok, I just got an email back (really quickly) and it looks like I'll get my charges fixed. They said they would honor it, so if they don't change it by the time I check it Monday (first business day), I'm calling their customer service line...

Just a notice to all of you that despite whatever claims may have been made before, DeepDiscountDVD refused to give me the sale prices on my order.

Like beerguy, I had also received an e-mail letting me know that my items had been shipped out at full price charges. I called up customer service and they adamantly stated that they would not honor the "fluke" sale. They still refused after I sent them the file I had saved of the order page, clearly marking out the discount price. I think it's pretty shady of them to just send out the items without confirming with me that I'd want them after they "fixed" the prices. It's a big disappointment to me given the fact that I'm a longtime customer who's spent thousands of dollars at their store and never had a problem with them until this point.

I'm going to call again later and give another try toward getting the sale prices 'cause my order is quite large and I'd hate to lose out on getting all those titles...

That is really messed up. Hopefully you can get a supervisor to help you out. If your order page had cheaper prices how dare they raise them and bill you. If you threaten to return the entire order and demand a prepaid return label or you'll decline all credit card charges...that might get you somewhere....or not...hard to say. Either way definately don't let them bully you into paying the regular prices which you in no way agreed to.

[quote name='rapsodist']Just a notice to all of you that despite whatever claims may have been made before, DeepDiscountDVD refused to give me the sale prices on my order.

Like beerguy, I had also received an e-mail letting me know that my items had been shipped out at full price charges. I called up customer service and they adamantly stated that they would not honor the "fluke" sale. They still refused after I sent them the file I had saved of the order page, clearly marking out the discount price. I think it's pretty shady of them to just send out the items without confirming with me that I'd want them after they "fixed" the prices. It's a big disappointment to me given the fact that I'm a longtime customer who's spent thousands of dollars at their store and never had a problem with them until this point.

I'm going to call again later and give another try toward getting the sale prices 'cause my order is quite large and I'd hate to lose out on getting all those titles...[/quote]

[quote name='jshorr']That is really messed up. Hopefully you can get a supervisor to help you out. If your order page had cheaper prices how dare they raise them and bill you. If you threaten to return the entire order and demand a prepaid return label or you'll decline all credit card charges...that might get you somewhere....or not...hard to say. Either way definately don't let them bully you into paying the regular prices which you in no way agreed to.[/quote]

The thing is, I've already told them that I plan to give the packages the ol' "return to sender" stamp if they do not give me the sale prices. DDD refused to budge on giving me the sale prices, merely giving me a brusque, "Do what you want." So I don't know what was said or claimed at DVD Talk, but DDD is thus far not giving me the sale prices. Any contact I've tried to make since has given me the run-around or no answer at all, very disappointing behavior from a company with whom I've done so much business in the past.

I got my discounted order batch today. It's for DVDs, not games, though. I did get charged for the discounted amount since my bank statement matches.

Rapsodist, I'm curious as to why you & Beerguy have had this happen to your orders, while others (including myself) have had their orders go through with the discount enforced. Do you mind if I ask you what your order total was? I'm wondering if sales figures provided the simple rule of thumb in determining which orders had the discount rescinded.

[edit : I see. My own order only came in at about twenty dollars, but if order total does not appear to be the clear-cut, deciding factor in their honoring or canceling the discount for any given order, then I'm beat. :? ]

RBM, my order totaled well over $300 after discount. I had also considered whether that dollar amount (and ergo the money saved) factored into their refusal. I just finished reading through the DVD Talk thread discussing this issue, and it seems there are tons of strange happenings going on with this sale and nothing points to a clear pattern of behavior...

I have another possible cheapass suggestion, but it depends on how much of a true cheapass you are. If you have an order statement with the lower prices, when you get your credit card statement you can dispute any difference between that amount and what you are charged. I think the odds are extremely high that you would get the difference credited back to you if you have proof of the desrepancy. Charging you more without telling you is not something they are allowed to do. However, I'm not positive exactly how the credit card company would choose to resolve it. If DDD reponds to the dispute and offers you a full refund for the goods back the credit card company may consider that enough. So if you're not prepared to pay the full price I would say not to unwrap any of the dvd's.

I haven't read the DVD talk stuff but has it been verified that the post saying that they would be honored really was from DDD?

The discount was only about $7 for me, so I'm not that angry. I'm only pissed off now that I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere (Fry's and Amazon). They just lost a customer...

i got my stuff today and they honored the 20% discount.

i did have a slight problem, though. i ordered "kids in the hall: brain candy" (which even appears on my packing slip), but they sent me the film "kids". i'm sure it won't be that hard to alleviate the problem, but still it's kind of annoying, especially since "kids" is cheaper.

bread's done
Back