>DEAD< 298 TV titles 10 and under on walmart.com

[quote name='LordVila']I'm really considering grabbing Raising Hope.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, but any time I come across this decision, I remember that the show I want is available for streaming over Netflix and in HD. I really wish they'd release a blu version of shows that aired in HD.

Scorch, I'm with you - I really don't like picking up DVD versions at this point and wish they would all just pony up and release a Blu version - I also wish they wouldn't have such inflated prices on the Blu versions but whatever

[quote name='Scorch']I thought the same thing, but any time I come across this decision, I remember that the show I want is available for streaming over Netflix and in HD. I really wish they'd release a blu version of shows that aired in HD.[/QUOTE]

Sales figures for TV on Blu aren't encouraging studios to release more stuff on the format.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Sales figures for TV on Blu aren't encouraging studios to release more stuff on the format.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I wonder why.

Maybe because they're not releasing anything on the format. Of course they're not encouraging when they don't exist.

Then there's the fact that studios don't properly release all seasons on Blu-ray, instead skipping around randomly with no particular order. My Name Is Earl season 4 is the only one available on Blu-ray; only the fourth season of Grey's Anatomy is available on Blu-ray; Only seasons 7 and 8 of 24 are available on Blu-ray, and so on.

The fact of the matter is that I haven't bought a DVD in years and I will never buy a DVD copy of something that was filmed in HD - which means just about everything. If the studios don't release it on Blu-ray, they don't get my money. Period.

I'll stick with my superior HDTV channel recordings over some piece of shit format that's been obsolete for a decade. I don't know what these studios are doing trying to hawk DVDs that are inferior quality to what is available for free on TV. :roll:

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Picked up S1-S6 of Weeds on blu just now. Having it shipped to store. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I snagged season 6. I already have 1-5, I got them off Hastings when they had that 20 or 30% off with free shipping sale awhile back for about $7 per season on blu.

Hopefully season 6 is good. Seasons 1-3 were mint but season 4 and 5 were bleh. Let's hope season 6 is better!

[quote name='KJ.West']Hmm, I wonder why.

Maybe because they're not releasing anything on the format. Of course they're not encouraging when they don't exist.

Then there's the fact that studios don't properly release all seasons on Blu-ray, instead skipping around randomly with no particular order. My Name Is Earl season 4 is the only one available on Blu-ray; only the fourth season of Grey's Anatomy is available on Blu-ray; Only seasons 7 and 8 of 24 are available on Blu-ray, and so on.

The fact of the matter is that I haven't bought a DVD in years and I will never buy a DVD copy of something that was filmed in HD - which means just about everything. If the studios don't release it on Blu-ray, they don't get my money. Period.

I'll stick with my superior HDTV channel recordings over some piece of shit format that's been obsolete for a decade. I don't know what these studios are doing trying to hawk DVDs that are inferior quality to what is available for free on TV. :roll:[/QUOTE]

If Blu was making them the kind of money to encourage them to put more of it out on Blu, then they'd do it. That's their whole goal here, to make money. If Blu doesn't make them money, but DVD does despite being "out of date" then they'll continue on with DVD. Not to mention BR is threatened by streaming and digital downloads anyway. Not much incentive to jump into a format that's never going to reach the heights that DVD did. Many shows struggled to make it to DVD in the first place.

[quote name='AsherFischell']I'm guessing this is website only, but has anyone seen them this price at B&M?[/QUOTE]

According to someone on another forum, apparently these prices were in store, but on Friday only. Had Walmart advertised some of these particular shows and seasons instead of the crap they had in their BF ad, I definitely would have got my ass down there at some point on Friday. $10+tax was cheaper on most of these shows than what Amazon, Best Buy, and Target were offering.

I stumbled upon these prices last night and took a trip down to Walmart at 11 PM. Some of the "sold out online" DVDs were in store. I scanned them but they rang up full price. So as I said above, if any of these were this cheap in store, it was Friday only. (But I didn't see that distinguished in the ad, because Walmart's BF ad was a 2-day sale minus the doorbusters, was it not?)

[quote name='AsherFischell']I'm guessing this is website only, but has anyone seen them this price at B&M?[/QUOTE]
They were these prices at B&M at least through Saturday. It's probably over now though I'd imagine. Half of it was marked normally and in the normal spot (instead of marked as a promo and put in a cardboard stand for the BF deals). I saw Glee Season 1 and Pretty Little Liars marked for the $40 normal prices but scanned them and sure enough they were only $10. Really wishing I had hit a couple more Walmarts now to see what else I could have found. Also got Fringe Season 1 but that one was marked for the promo. I dont know how that lasted until Saturday afternoon but I'm glad it did.

Maybe if they still have any promo leftovers you could convince someone to sell them to you at the $10 price? Worth a shot I think. I believe I am getting a copy of Glee Season 1 and Pretty Little Liars for in store pick up as long as it goes through. Since I got both of those in store though I may have an extra copy of each if I decide to go pick them up..

Edit: Theres alsways a chance theyll still ring up $10. They are still $10 online after all. I think I'm going to go later today and check it out. Wouldnt mind getting Supernatural and/or Community.

[quote name='avwjase']Yeah, I snagged season 6. I already have 1-5, I got them off Hastings when they had that 20 or 30% off with free shipping sale awhile back for about $7 per season on blu.

Hopefully season 6 is good. Seasons 1-3 were mint but season 4 and 5 were bleh. Let's hope season 6 is better![/QUOTE]

It's worse. However, Season 7 is pretty good.

Man oh man, had to scroll through around 8 or so volumes of House of Payne. Who the hell let Tyler Perry's show get that many episodes?

[quote name='ShockandAww']They were these prices at B&M at least through Saturday. It's probably over now though I'd imagine. Half of it was marked normally and in the normal spot (instead of marked as a promo and put in a cardboard stand for the BF deals). I saw Glee Season 1 and Pretty Little Liars marked for the $40 normal prices but scanned them and sure enough they were only $10. Really wishing I had hit a couple more Walmarts now to see what else I could have found. Also got Fringe Season 1 but that one was marked for the promo. I dont know how that lasted until Saturday afternoon but I'm glad it did.

Maybe if they still have any promo leftovers you could convince someone to sell them to you at the $10 price? Worth a shot I think. I believe I am getting a copy of Glee Season 1 and Pretty Little Liars for in store pick up as long as it goes through. Since I got both of those in store though I may have an extra copy of each if I decide to go pick them up..

Edit: Theres alsways a chance theyll still ring up $10. They are still $10 online after all. I think I'm going to go later today and check it out. Wouldnt mind getting Supernatural and/or Community.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bother going back to check. As I said in my post, the prices weren't even good in my store on Saturday (unless for some reason Saturday at 11 PM local time doesn't count as Saturday anymore at a 24 hour WalMart), and yes I scanned the DVDs. I'd wager this deal is certainly dead in store.

bump a lot of this stuff was restocked.

Namely:
Fringe Season 2
Vamp. Diaries Season 1
Seasons 3 - 5 of Supernatural
Pretty Little Liars

I went and jumped on the Eureka seasons 1+2 after picking SGU up instore for 10 a piece.
god this place is bad for wallets...

Hoping these deals will last through Friday when I get paid! Keeping my eye on Nurse Jackie SE 2. Too bad all the Two and a Half Men DVDs are all gone already.

aww Big Bang Theory is all sold out. I would've gotten seasons 3 and 4. Seen them all, but that's a show I'd like to have in my permanent collection.

Recently went to Walmart and found 2 copies of Resident Evil (the first movie) "Walmart exclusive" Blu-ray steelbook for $8 each. They had another ResEvil (one of the sequels) steelbook but I forget which one it was.

bread's done
Back