[DEAD] $40 Game of Thrones Season 1 Collector's Edition w/ Blu, Dvd and Digital Copy

bfett9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
ojgy2e.jpg

o60m6r.jpg

Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYo9I8xXqJI

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Game-of...6909419&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2541333

Also
Egg paper weight can net you about $35-$50 good investment IMO.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFFICIAL-GA...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Decided to get one. Will probably sell the paperweight egg once I get it (If anyone is interested in it, let me know here, I don't plan to sell it as high as current $36-40 prices on ebay, just want to get rid of it. Heck, might even get rid of the collectors box itself if it clear up the current costs for this)

[quote name='bfett9']I haven't edited the pics, if there is an issue with them ill download the pics and re-host them elsewhere later this afternoon, but you can just go to best buy website and search yourself for the boxset. Also too all of you who got in your welcome, I love helping others save just as I love it when you guys help me![/QUOTE]

All good. Still happening, but as you said, I can find the info I need on Best Buy's site. It did work fine early on, though, so who knows.

Redeemed iTunes code and then also on Vudu. However on Vudu it doesn't have the UV logo on it like my UV movies do. Does this mean the digital copy is a Vudu only one and not actually UV? Also threw the code in on my Flixster account too for the heck of it but they have no indicators as to whether a movie is actually UV or not.

[quote name='philmcfly']Just saw this. I did in store pickup, but didn't pick it up yet.

I guess if I ignore it til the 24th (deadline) I'll get refunded.[/QUOTE]

FYI- Best Buy has this on sale until the end of the year.

[quote name='trunks982']how much do people usually pay for the game of thrones season 1 digital copy code?[/QUOTE]

Probably in the ballpark of $10-15. Thats around how I've seen them, but it depends on the person and rarity, and not many people sell their digital codes of these, so this can go on the high end of the figure. Again, I'm just speculation based on buying other digital movie and tv show codes.

the books are excellent. by far my favorite series. the show is solid too but i cant drop 40 on one season of television.

[quote name='The Punisher']FYI- Best Buy has this on sale until the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Oh whoops, I meant they'll put it back on the shelf on the 24th if I don't pick it up.

I rehosted the pics to stop the chrome malware thing. Also for those complaining about value this set a $40 is solid value if you only care about the blurays.
Egg can net you $35-50 on ebay
digitalcopy $10-15
dvds $20+

[quote name='bfett9']I rehosted the pics to stop the chrome malware thing. Also for those complaining about value this set a $40 is solid value if you only care about the blurays.
Egg can net you $35-50 on ebay
digitalcopy $10-15
dvds $20+[/QUOTE]

thanks for the price on digital copy. for some reason my post got deleted.

If anybody like to buy the DVD's for $15 or the digital code for $10 let me know and we will work something out.

[quote name='bill esquivel']any chance they make a collectors edition season 2 or season 3?[/QUOTE]

100% chance. It's Game of Thrones. They'll have collectors editions for every season.

If any show is worth the $40 it's Game of Thrones, purely from its production values this show us worth more than most shows on tv, even when compared with other HBO series. The acting and storyline are exceptional as well. Personally I found Season 1 to be better than season 2, however both are highly entertaining and great, adult drama.

Anyone else having playback issues with this set? I'm using my PS3 to play it, but disc 1 makes a grinding noise and doesn't show up like it would normally unless I try different methods. It seems like the other discs play fine though. Just wondering if I got a defective disc/set.

had no problem on my ps3 last time it made a grinding sound was after I put a cracked disk (inner ring) and it started chewing dvd's like a xbox. was afraid of having too repair but the problem fixed itself.

Picked this up and got it in the mail yesterday. Love the packaging. Thinking about trying to resell the digital copies though since I really dont use them anyway. Still, 40 bucks is a bit on my high side for a TV show, but I couldnt pass up the CE release of this show.

[quote name='Dahk']the books are excellent. by far my favorite series. the show is solid too but i cant drop 40 on one season of television.[/QUOTE]

This is a great deal if you just want the show on BD, as I did.

I sold everything else (prices are after ebay/paypal fees if any):

-Digital copy (comes with both UV and iTunes using a single code) - $12 (sold each separately)
-DVD - $15
-Outer box and Paperweight - $18

I paid around $43 with taxes for the set so I'm essentially getting paid $2 to own the Blu-ray set. And I definitely sold my stuff for lower than what other auctions were going for as I wasn't really trying to make a lot of money off them or anything, I just had no use for them and wanted to get rid of them asap.

The box is really nice btw. If I had enough space in my apt for CE's like that, I would have definitely kept it. The egg paperweight on the other hand didn't really impress me much.

Soooo freaking tempted to pick this up. I'm a sucker for good design (I'm a graphic designer) and I loveeee this series too damn much.

Why was my post deleted? You can't talk about things you've sold now? It's not like my post was about me trying to flip things on here, or even about me trying to make lots of money. It was directed at someone who didn't want to pay $40 for a single show, to show them that they can net it for less than that if they don't need the digital copy or DVD (or even the box/paperweight)

Pretty lame, and pretty hypocritical since I'm pretty sure I've see a few mods talk about selling off things in the past, but whateverr. I'll make sure to report every member who mentions selling something since mods like to keep busy with things like that

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back