[DEAD] 48 Hour PC Games Sale @Newegg

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Discounted prices and promo codes are valid till 11:59pm PT 08/22/2012.
All of the following :shipfree: and are eligible for Shoprunner.

:pc:
Fallout: New Vegas $4.99
Brink $4.99
Mass Effect 2 $6.99
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition $7.99
L.A. Noire Complete Edition $9.99

Microsoft JR9-00011 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows $39.99
Use promo code EMCNBHJ96

RAZER DeathAdder Precision Optical Gaming Mouse $42.99
Use promo code EMCNBHJ95

Rosewill Gaming Keyboard RK-8200 (RIKB-11004) with Blue Backlight $29.99
Free Rosewill RM-5000L 5000 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse w/ Adjustable Weights included ($19.99 value)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='superhippy1986']Yay for pc crowd..... Sigh[/QUOTE]

The PC Crowd could be you. Consoles are so 1999. PC's are the new (and the old and the always) gaming hotness. Stop buying $150 Kinect's and $150 console hard drives and $60 per year Xbox Live subscriptions...

...and spend all that cash on a PC. Your games will thank you for it. Plus, your wallet will bake you a cake for letting it hold onto all that cash you save from buying all your games from Amazon DD and Steam sales.

tumblr_l7b7edBav41qanlfzo1_400.jpg

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']The PC Crowd could be you. Consoles are so 1999. PC's are the new (and the old and the always) gaming hotness. Stop buying $150 Kinect's and $150 console hard drives and $60 per year Xbox Live subscriptions...

...and spend all that cash on a PC. Your games will thank you for it. Plus, your wallet will bake you a cake for letting it hold onto all that cash you save from buying all your games from Amazon DD and Steam sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm a life-long Mac / console user. I just took the PC gaming rig plunge, and I couldn't be happier! I couldn't believe the level of PC hardware you can get for cheap. I doubt I will be buying many Xbox 360 / PS3 games going forward.

Still using the Mac daily for work though. ;)

- BOK

[quote name='linkblc']What are the feelings on the keyboard/mouse combo?[/QUOTE]

Same thing I was looking at, that's a pretty hot combo deal!

I was thinking about getting LA Noire, but apparently it's really buggy? Can anyone confirm this? Also, is the game steamable? Thanks.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I have a 360* ... and hundreds of 48 hour codes from that Tropicana Twister contest a few years back.

, Xbox, PC, PS3, PS2, PS1, Wii, GameCube, N64, SNES, NES, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, 3do, blah, blah, etc. :lol:
[/QUOTE]

And If you didn't have those codes you wouldn't be as mellow as you are lol

[quote name='linkblc']What are the feelings on the keyboard/mouse combo?[/QUOTE]

I have that mouse (ordered it like 2-3 weeks ago) and had to RMA it due to bad quality. It is a mouse with great features, but unfortunately the reviews are accurate in that the build quality is shoddy. The casing is cheap and creaks in your hand if you squeeze it at the wrong place. I honestly didn't mind that, but then my scroll wheel went bad and it would scroll up when I scrolled down and vice versa so that made the mouse really inconvenient.

If you luck out and get a good one with no issues I would say it's a great mouse, but that is a big if.

New Vegas, Brink, and L.A. Noire are all Steamworks games and so activate on Steam.

EDIT:
L.A Noire does not activate on steam

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Borderlands GOTY is like the one I purchased a while back from Amazon, the 4 DLC pieces are downloads and I think the first two (or all of them) use SecuROM for DRM.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I was thinking about getting LA Noire, but apparently it's really buggy? Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]
I just played through it. I had a couple crashes to the desktop; I didn't notice any other major problems.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for the 360 Wireless controller for PC (recent reviews, anyway). Anyone have any experience with it on Windows?

[quote name='choral_music']There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for the 360 Wireless controller for PC (recent reviews, anyway). Anyone have any experience with it on Windows?[/QUOTE]

Its just a wireless xbox 360 controller. The usb dongle with the button and light plugs into the computer, you can sync multiple controllers the same way you do on the xbox 360. Most games either have auto settings for the 360 controller or have simple re-mapping, so not much to complain about on that end.

Works very well and if your dongle fails down the road a bit and you have any knowledge of soldering at all, you can fix the most common failure of the dongle yourself with a little help from a google search.

The one funny thing is that there isn't an obvious way to turn off the controller when you are done gaming, so just pop out the battery pack to kill it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I have that mouse (ordered it like 2-3 weeks ago) and had to RMA it due to bad quality. It is a mouse with great features, but unfortunately the reviews are accurate in that the build quality is shoddy. The casing is cheap and creaks in your hand if you squeeze it at the wrong place. I honestly didn't mind that, but then my scroll wheel went bad and it would scroll up when I scrolled down and vice versa so that made the mouse really inconvenient.

If you luck out and get a good one with no issues I would say it's a great mouse, but that is a big if.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='choral_music']There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for the 360 Wireless controller for PC (recent reviews, anyway). Anyone have any experience with it on Windows?[/QUOTE]

I love these things! I use one to play PC games on my TV from the couch. As far as I'm concerned, it's currently the best gamepad solution for the PC.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I have that mouse (ordered it like 2-3 weeks ago) and had to RMA it due to bad quality. It is a mouse with great features, but unfortunately the reviews are accurate in that the build quality is shoddy. The casing is cheap and creaks in your hand if you squeeze it at the wrong place. I honestly didn't mind that, but then my scroll wheel went bad and it would scroll up when I scrolled down and vice versa so that made the mouse really inconvenient.

If you luck out and get a good one with no issues I would say it's a great mouse, but that is a big if.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad but $30 for a keyboard like is hard to beat even if it's not the greatest gaming keyboard. I'm currently using a wireless keyboard/mice which has random connection hiccups and gets annoying. I have an 7 year old MX518 that I plug in for games (seriously, this is like the greatest mouse ever made) so if the Rosewill one craps out, I'll just use my MX518 full time.

EDIT* WTF, the product cannot be shipped to IL? What kind of retarded shit is this?

it's definitely one of the best gamepads you can buy for PC. Will work with a lot of games without any configuration. However while I do have the wireless verison, I'd rather have the wired controller just so I don't have to deal with batteries and whatnot and my computer is like right next to me anyways

Just to clarify - I was concerned with the wireless PC controller part. I have a wired one and love it. But, if I'm paying 40 dollars for a device I'll have to solder, then no thanks.

[quote name='choral_music']Just to clarify - I was concerned with the wireless PC controller part. I have a wired one and love it. But, if I'm paying 40 dollars for a device I'll have to solder, then no thanks.[/QUOTE]

Where did anyone mention soldering? You plug the the wireless receiver into a usb port and sync the controller up with it.

[quote name='SteveGo']Where did anyone mention soldering? You plug the the wireless receiver into a usb port and sync the controller up with it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='loomis1975']Its just a wireless xbox 360 controller. The usb dongle with the button and light plugs into the computer, you can sync multiple controllers the same way you do on the xbox 360. Most games either have auto settings for the 360 controller or have simple re-mapping, so not much to complain about on that end.

Works very well and if your dongle fails down the road a bit and you have any knowledge of soldering at all, you can fix the most common failure of the dongle yourself with a little help from a google search.

The one funny thing is that there isn't an obvious way to turn off the controller when you are done gaming, so just pop out the battery pack to kill it.[/QUOTE]

If the fuse fails you need to bridge the gap with solder. Personally I bought a cheap knock off for $11 that's been working flawlessly. I won't get into specifics, I have before and it's been removed by a mod.

bread's done
Back