*DEAD* 4GB Lexar Memory Stick Pro Duo - $34.99 + FS @ frys.com

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I've seen this deal like 100 times. I'm tired of seeing this deal for $40 and this won't work with CFW. Cased closed.[/QUOTE]
it has worked fine for me with CFW since april.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I've seen this deal like 100 times. I'm tired of seeing this deal for $40 and this won't work with CFW. Cased closed.[/quote]

sooorrrrryyy, but i've been shopping for a memory stick for the past month and this was the cheapest thing i've found besides the $20 sandisk at CC that i just missed.

obviously i don't know about CFW yet since i'm just getting a memory stick now. but do you mind telling us why it won't work and what the importance of it is?

EDIT:
NVM

thanks OP. in for one. don't mind the poster that has nothing better to do than complain about reposts.

thanks op i was waiting for a sale like this to happen again cuz ive been filled my 1gb
edit: it arrived today and im lovin it, it only took like 3 days to get here plus i didnt even have to pay for shipping

[quote name='wowimsocute']it has worked fine for me with CFW since april.[/quote]

Same here. Been using it for almost a year.

[quote name='McNutsack']I just want it for my gf's HTC Mogul phone.
Will this be reliable?[/quote]
The Mogul uses MicroSD, this is a Memory Stick Pro Duo. Try this, instead.

[quote name='kyouteki']The Mogul uses MicroSD, this is a Memory Stick Pro Duo. Try this, instead.[/quote]
Damn, that betch told me Pro Duo.
Never gonna trust a chick with her instruction manuals again

Would that be 10 bux after google checkout?
Ive used google check out once, but I guess the item wasnt eligible for that 10 off thing that I hear everyone speak of

[quote name='msuna']what is CFW anyone? I just got a psp and new to the scene[/quote] CFW is Custom FirmWare. With it you can run homebrew on your PSP and basically play any game before the PS2.

Crap! Says "call for availability" which means it is back ordered.

I keep missing this deal. 3 times now. LOL.

[quote name='dizzle24']Crap! Says "call for availability" which means it is back ordered.

I keep missing this deal. 3 times now. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, this is Fry's, it will be back next month :p.

First though they'll do the 2gb that I just bought for 20 bucks a couple weeks ago.

But anyway, yes Lexar's work fine for CFW (Custom Firmware) BUT, if you want to use the Cheat Device known as cwcheat, it won't work. Lexar's can't sustain a transfer rate high enough to play a PS1 game and bring up the cheat menu.

Sure cheating sucks, but what that cheat device allows me to do is import my PSone saves (after importing them from my PSone memory cards and converting them). Which is a god send really for wanting to resume an RPG I restarted not long ago (FF7, CC) and instantly have my vehicles customized in R4 for example. Can only do that on a SanDisk or Sony, as they have the fast ones -- there's a reason Lexars are cheap.

However, it works perfectly fine to play those PSone games, homebrew games like Cavestory, and music just fine. Video on the other hand has a tendency to hiccup now and then. Because of the video, if I ever see a SanDisk or Sony at this price it's mine, I'd almost kill people to make sure I'd get it....almost.

New memory always bumps down the price of the older ones -- it will take until the first or second price drop of the 16gb stick though. Once it hits 200, the 8gb will be 100, the 4gb 60, the 2gb 30, and the 1gb 15 bones. Just guesstimations but that's what I expect to see this fall.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Turned 59.99 in my cart. WTF.[/quote]

Did you fix the shipping? Mines was free with Ground Shipping.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Turned 59.99 in my cart. WTF.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you you check the quantity as well. Mine came up like that after I accidently hit the Back button.

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked the site and it is back up to $59.99.

i picked up one of these yesterday (1/9) at a fry's instore (concord, ca) for $39.99. works fine with psp cfw, however, like others have mentioned plugins don't work. fine though if you're justing running isos and csos.

bread's done
Back