[DEAD] 50+% off on Select FUNimation Anime / LA Titles inc. BDs @ BestBuy.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
FUNimation Sale @ BestBuy.com (and also B&M?)

Anime (Blu-ray)
Anime (DVD)
Live-Action

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[DEAD - REFERENCE ONLY] FUNimation Sale @ BestBuy.com (and also B&M) [DEAD - REFERENCE ONLY] | Expires 7/24/10

Anime (Blu-ray)
Anime (DVD)
Live-Action

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Veronica Mars']Yeah, I've seen mostly bad things about Xenosaga, but I thought for under 10, It would be slightly more justified.

Yeah, School Rumble is a good buy!

I'm going to get Angelic Layer , and probably order Claymore later. It comes out to 30 after taxes, so I'm still hesitant...[/QUOTE]

I got these. I wish Samurai Champloo would be on sale.

BTW, both stores I went to didn't have any signs whatsoever, but rang up correctly.
Angelic layer was considered regular price, while the others had an Astrix, which is considered sale items.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Aquarion is a unique beast - it's like a cross between Escaflowne, GaoGaiGar, and Utena.[/QUOTE]

Don't you *dare* mention a great show like Utena in the same breath as Aquarion. That's fucking unacceptable.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Eh, Claymore had a really badass premise but the action was cheaply animated and the dialogue was over done to the point of ridiculousness.

That's my side of it anyways.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

Just avoid Dragonaut. That show is one of the worst i've seen in years. Weak plot and nothing but incredibly overdrawn fanservice.

i am kinda new to anime i don't know a whole lot other then the obvious films like akira, ghost in a shell and animes like DBZ, Naruto, Bleach etc.

I am heading to BB tomorrow to pick up the full metal alchemist brotherhood blu-ray and possibly DBOX 2 and 3, any others i should pick up or look up? i would get hte samurai 7 but according to BB.com they dont ship and my stores don't have them

i like ninja/samurai type anime and action oriented anime, i don't care too much about pure comedy/drama ones, i like my action :)

[quote name='styl3s']i am kinda new to anime i don't know a whole lot other then the obvious films like akira, ghost in a shell and animes like DBZ, Naruto, Bleach etc.

I am heading to BB tomorrow to pick up the full metal alchemist brotherhood blu-ray and possibly DBOX 2 and 3, any others i should pick up or look up? i would get hte samurai 7 but according to BB.com they dont ship and my stores don't have them

i like ninja/samurai type anime and action oriented anime, i don't care too much about pure comedy/drama ones, i like my action :)[/QUOTE]

You should definitely pick up Baccano. It's not about ninja nor samurai, rather it's about gangsters in 1920s New York, and it's fantastic. If you like action, as you say, then there's plenty of action in Baccano for you to enjoy.

I picked up Black Lagoon. There is a good chance it may get a Blu-ray version when season 3 comes out, but its a show I'm definitely gonna be loaning to friends, so it is probably better to have it on DVD.

I picked up the dvds (don't care for anime blurays*) for

Baccano
Strike Witches
Spice and Wolf
Sands of Destruction
Dragonball Z triple pack
Case Closed movie 6
Kanon

Did I miss anything fantastic? How's my haul today?

*I have been watching the HD fansub rip of FMA: Brotherhood and decided to watch the SD version since my tv's usb media player loves avi files. It looked fantastic to me. I don't see much a difference with HD anime.

[quote name='Razzuel']You should definitely pick up Baccano. It's not about ninja nor samurai, rather it's about gangsters in 1920s New York, and it's fantastic. If you like action, as you say, then there's plenty of action in Baccano for you to enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Baccano is great. I really loved it. It's a bit hard to watch at first because you have no clue whats going on but it really comes together.

Went to the BB near me, and it looks like most of the good stuff have been cleaned out already. Wanted to get Kenichi, but it isn't on sale. Looked for Trinity Blood blu-ray, but it was sold out as well.

[quote name='Razzuel']You should definitely pick up Baccano. It's not about ninja nor samurai, rather it's about gangsters in 1920s New York, and it's fantastic. If you like action, as you say, then there's plenty of action in Baccano for you to enjoy.[/QUOTE]
i like gangsters :)

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. I picked up the Dead Zone & Broly Steelbook combo sets from a local Best Buy for $15 + tax Sunday. A few more of the $5 Dead Zone/World's Strongest were available at the Elston BB in Chicago when I left. Debating on getting the Fusion/Wrath of the Dragon Blu-ray later...

Thanks! Picked up Ouran Blu, now got to get rid of my DVD box 1. Might go back & pick up FMA Movie, since I like to keep my DVD copy protected (it's autographed). Tsubasa Complete Blu is also very tempting...

Thanks again!

Picked up Heroic Age, Tsubasa: Collected Memories, & Trinity Blood all on blu for 97.39. Saved $7.xx since I used a in-store kiosk with the free shipping enabled by an employee. Anybody got any more recommendations strictly from the bluray portion of these titles? I wanted to get Claymore but its not shipping anymore. Like an earlier poster I'm pretty new to anime as well, just watched Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell, but i'm trying to catch up.

[quote name='cheapa$$']Picked up Heroic Age, Tsubasa: Collected Memories, & Trinity Blood all on blu for 97.39. Saved $7.xx since I used a in-store kiosk with the free shipping enabled by an employee. Anybody got any more recommendations strictly from the bluray portion of these titles? I wanted to get Claymore but its not shipping anymore. Like an earlier poster I'm pretty new to anime as well, just watched Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell, but i'm trying to catch up.[/QUOTE]

Like I said before, though in response to that other guy, Baccano is definitely worth purchasing.

[quote name='cheapa$$'] Saved $7.xx since I used a in-store kiosk with the free shipping enabled by an employee. [/QUOTE]

I didn't know they could do that on site. I had to call CS last time...But it was worth it to get bleach limited edition box sets for $30 each. On a related note, the 3 stores in my area got rid of the customer kiosks.

I was there at store opening yesterday and the blu-rays were gone, but the shelves were marked. That is when the employee told me the sale started a couple weeks ago. Unless BB marks shelf space without the product in stock. I found the code geass on the shelf, but there were a lot of gaps.

One of the other 4 stores in my area did not have anything on the list or shelf tags for them.

I am hitting 1 or 2 stores today, so hopefully they will have kiosks or the blu rays in stock.

[quote name='slowdive21']I didn't know they could do that on site. I had to call CS last time...But it was worth it to get bleach limited edition box sets for $30 each. On a related note, the 3 stores in my area got rid of the customer kiosks.

I am hitting 1 or 2 stores today, so hopefully they will have kiosks or the blu rays in stock.[/QUOTE]

Even if they don't have kiosks an employee should be able to use one of their computers to access the free shipping version of Best Buy and let you order from it. That is unless there're clueless like alot of them are.

Dude WTF! I see about six things I've been eying and now I gotta get em :cry: These are great prices but I didn't really want to spend anything...... Damn you CAG and you bringing crazy prices to my attention!

I swung by BB yesterday and picked up the following:

Baccano
School Rumble S1 and S2
Claymore (blu-ray)
Last Exile
Xenosaga (i've heard this ain't that great, but i'm a fan of the game series)

There were no shelf tags indicating these were on sale at that BB.
I just ordered Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (blu-ray) and Ouran High School Host Club (blu-ray) to be shipped to my place. I wish Samurai 7 (blu-ray) was still available for shipping :cry:

picked up strike witches and spice & wolf today... been looking at those for a while but just couldnt pick them up at the prices they were.

I will say that the current 10% off coupon that expires today worked on 'em so 20.69 + tax each... couldn't pass that up.

Will order some more items later in the month if the sale lasts.

Amazon now price match both Gunslinger Girl season 1 & 2 on Blu Ray for $21.49 each buy them both & you get free shipping. Still waiting for amazon price match both Ouran H.S Host Club and Claymore on Blu Ray :)

I picked up claymore on blu-ray and fullmetal on blu-ray as a blind buy, getting back into anime and heard great things.

They didn't have baccano or DMC at the nearest BB so tomorrow ima pick up both at the other BB and DBOX 2 and 3, anyone know where i can find DBOX 1 for under 30? i was tempted to get DBZ Kai on blu-ray but heard the transfer is eh

Finally found a price that i would buy DBZ cooler/coolers revenge dvd steelbook and there is no shipping availability on it and the best buy near me doesnt have it. how am i suppose to get it =(

[quote name='Masterkyo']Amazon now price match both Gunslinger Girl season 1 & 2 on Blu Ray for $21.49 each buy them both & you get free shipping. Still waiting for amazon price match both Ouran H.S Host Club and Claymore on Blu Ray :)[/QUOTE]
Woot, that's the one thing that's out of stock in my area, but that I MUST get (referring only to the first season of Gunslinger Girl, 2nd season was a significant drop in quality).

[quote name='Afflicted']picked up strike witches and spice & wolf today... been looking at those for a while but just couldnt pick them up at the prices they were.

I will say that the current 10% off coupon that expires today worked on 'em so 20.69 + tax each... couldn't pass that up.

Will order some more items later in the month if the sale lasts.[/QUOTE]

Where is this coupon? I haven't been able to find it.
I've only found the 10% off coupon for Silver Members.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']

Where is this coupon? I haven't been able to find it.
I've only found the 10% off coupon for Silver Members.[/QUOTE]

prolly the same ones... they are the ones they sent out through email on 6/30

[quote name='Afflicted']prolly the same ones... they are the ones they sent out through email on 6/30[/QUOTE]

Okay, got it. I guess there's one specifically for Silver and one for all to use.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Okay, got it. I guess there's one specifically for Silver and one for all to use.[/QUOTE]

thinking the only difference is that the silver ones have a longer timeframe for use.

Won't ship me Samurai 7 and I don't really wanna do instore pick up due to the store being about 45 mins away. Hope Amazon price matches this one!

I tried to do in-store pickup but some aren't in stock at the closes 3 stores...... Where are all you New York nerds hiding? I only know about 5 people that are into anime besides just Bleach and Naruto not saying that's bad or anyfing. We should totally go out to Home Depot and buy some tiles together! :p

Seriously though, I hope Amazon matches this so I can just get em all together.

Was able to order and pickup in-store(1 store) the BRs:

Samurai 7
Witchblade
Heroic Age

Tempted to get Last Exile again. Bought the 7 disc set back when it was clearanced at BB in-store for $20ish - but caved and sold it when it was going for 100+ and never got to watching it.

Hopefully amazon price matches samurai 7

Anything else i should pick up or check into? i got baccano, FMA:Brotherhood, claymore, DMC picking up gunslinger girl 1/2 and tsubasa

Amazon has matched the price on many of the items. They even have the Complete collection of School Rumble for $25.99!

I'm not sure, but I think they also have deals on other anime sets too. Does anyone know if Love Hina Complete is normally 21.99 on Amazon? I watched that a few years ago and loved it. Sounds like a good price

They have Dragon Ball Seasons 1-3 for 21.99 each and S4 for 22.49. That's like the cheapest I've seen those go for new. Damn you Amazon! My wallet is going to be hurting after this

[quote name='ssjmichael']Amazon has matched the price on many of the items. They even have the Complete collection of School Rumble for $25.99!

I'm not sure, but I think they also have deals on other anime sets too. Does anyone know if Love Hina Complete is normally 21.99 on Amazon? I watched that a few years ago and loved it. Sounds like a good price[/QUOTE]
Um... fuck YEAH! WOOOOOOO! Never have I been so excited to waste money lol. I was putting aside for the 360 slim but I have to take advantage of these prices or I'll just be wasting extra money in the future.

Wow, this Amazon sale is better priced than the last.

I'm picking up some of these sets just to free up space on my shelves from the single volume collections I have. lol

Picked up:
School Rumble Complete
Peach Girl
xxHoLiC
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki

Amazon hasn't quite price matched, a few dollars more per title.. but free shipping and no tax makes it slightly cheaper than Best Buy.

Between this and Steam's sale last week I'm living off ramen til' payday.

Is it too much wishful thinking that Amazon will lower price on Samurai 7 by 10 more dollars to match best buy?

[quote name='exRounder']lowest it's been, unless you got in on that gamestop.com glitch a while back for $25 - i bit

and also, still no fuckin akira![/QUOTE]
I got in on that, except I got the DVD instead of the blu :cry: But then instead of returning it I was able to sell it on Amazon for $44, so I guess it worked out. I'm biting on this, and cancelling a couple of my Best Buy purchases since I've got the Amazon credit for the time being.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Amazon has matched the price on many of the items. They even have the Complete collection of School Rumble for $25.99![/QUOTE]
A must buy. I already have it and may snag a second copy at that price (for spreading the gospel).

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm not sure, but I think they also have deals on other anime sets too. Does anyone know if Love Hina Complete is normally 21.99 on Amazon? I watched that a few years ago and loved it. Sounds like a good price[/QUOTE]
I believe the normal price of Love Hina is $27-$30, so $22 is a good price.

bread's done
Back