(DEAD) 5000 more UFC ppv on Xbox live now

kklems

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
They just released 5 k more free UFC ppv fight tickets. Got to live and enter UFC app. Getting slammed so keep trying. Sorry for typos on iPhone and trying to type quickly

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was able to snag a free night a week ago when they first offered them but it won't matter much if they cannot get the app to work right. I would be mighty pissed if I actually paid money for this and made plans for people to come over and watch. Bad first impressions are hard to break.

Yeah, the "trying to expose our product to a new and exciting demographic" didn't go as expected. No well in hell any CAGs will bite on this full price in the future...

confirmed on twitter its not going to work
rofl suck a dick ufc app,

UFConXboxLIVE UFC on Xbox LIVE

Please make alternative plans to watch UFC141 through your PC or your cable provider.

MS and/or UFC aren't bright. They put out 5,000 free tickets like 2 hours before the event starts and have now killed the app. Plus, there is an ad front and center when you turn on the 360 to check out the app and get 141 free. This is why the app is broke. A million people keep trying to get into the app for a free show, but there aren't any free tickets left.

I understand they want people to check out the app. You'd think they could realize they couldn't handle the traffic of a billion people trying to get in at the same time.

Yuuuuup won't order another one from the app...I even ordered it in the first batch and won't do it again...

[quote name='Hoffer']MS and/or UFC aren't bright. They put out 5,000 free tickets like 2 hours before the event starts and have now killed the app. Plus, there is an ad front and center when you turn on the 360 to check out the app and get 141 free. This is why the app is broke. A million people keep trying to get into the app for a free show, but there aren't any free tickets left.

I understand they want people to check out the app. You'd think they could realize they couldn't handle the traffic of a billion people trying to get in at the same time.[/QUOTE]

THIS. They should have given those out during the week. Not 2 hours before the event.

I wonder if it was this free 5000 seats that did them in, and now make them look bad to the 25000 others who got it last week.

Or if it is other technical problems.

I love this series of tweets:

Please make alternative plans to watch UFC141 through your PC or your cable provider.

6 minutes ago via HootSuite

We are continuing to troubleshoot and we will notify you as soon as the app is back online.

Tune-in to #UFConXboxLIVE right now for #UFC141 @DCBROCKLESNAR vs. @Alistairovereem. It doesn’t get any bigger than this!

3 minutes ago via HootSuite

Umm we cannot watch the dam thing on Xbox Live...WTF are you promoting it then?

Edit: HA! They deleted that last tweet.

I tried to get into the app earlier tonight and this morning and was having issues. Actually most of the week it took 2-3 tries to get into the app, and when they streamed the press conference and weigh ins I couldn't even get in.

[quote name='utstick']I'm just waiting for another tweet saying "Another 5,000 free tickets now available for UFC 141..."[/QUOTE]

At this point, they should just say 500,000 free tickets. Nobody is getting in anyway. :)

[quote name='cancerman1120']I love this series of tweets:

We are continuing to troubleshoot and we will notify you as soon as the app is back online.

Tune-in to #UFConXboxLIVE right now for #UFC141 @DCBROCKLESNAR vs. @Alistairovereem. It doesn’t get any bigger than this!

3 minutes ago via HootSuite

Umm we cannot watch the dam thing on Xbox Live...WTF are you promoting it then?

Edit: HA! They deleted that last tweet.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I've been following their twitter on my phone all week so I just got that too. I was laughing my ass off.

They've actually deleted 3 tweets they've sent so far tonight. Wow.

Some people got into the app. My cousin got in and is watching it for free. Though he kept trying to get in for about an hour. fuck this.

[quote name='wugenius']Some people got into the app. My cousin got in and is watching it for free. Though he kept trying to get in for about an hour. fuck this.[/QUOTE]

I am just going to watch the Iowa/Oklahoma game...not going to sit here an hour to maybe get in. It was free so I am not pissed but I most likely won't be buying any PPV through them until they have it perfect.

[quote name='wugenius']Some people got into the app. My cousin got in and is watching it for free. Though he kept trying to get in for about an hour. fuck this.[/QUOTE]
he got a dl but is he watching it? the app is down for everyone

still trying to get in but i can usually find decent stream on my Roku so gonna watch it on there until the Xbox feed is up

omg FINALLY got it working. I got into the app about an hour ago, purchased it for free, and didn't leave it for fear of not being able to get back in lol. It was a headache, but it's free!

[quote name='GUNNM']he got a dl but is he watching it? the app is down for everyone[/QUOTE]

No he is in the app and watching the ppv.

Actually, got in to the app but now the error says ""Sorry, the video service isn't available right now. Please try again later."

#UFConXboxLIVE is continuing to experience technical difficulties. We apologize for the delay and will update as soon as we are back.

As long as you get into the app, you can keep selecting "Try again" on the video stream page and you're good to go. The only problem now is they are looping the preview footage....

[quote name='kklems']I'm in but not HD right now. I don't want to back out and restart for fear of not getting back in[/QUOTE]
I think all video starts SD and eventually goes to HD on xbox now so don't back out

So, is anyone actually watching fights, or are we just getting the preview video?

edit: Too funny. Same issue as the last guy. Rewinding to watch the first fight now.

[quote name='psunami']So, is anyone actually watching fights, or are we just getting the preview video?[/QUOTE]
Live...Hettes and Phan.

I reset my box and now all i get is service to the app is not there and asks if i want to retry but there is no retry just quit. So i got to keep reloading the stinking slow loading app and getting reset back to the main menu on the dash. I hope this app burns in hell and the people doing it.

I tried earlier but couldn't get in, not sure how they got 5000 free tickets when nobody could get in. Kept hitting try again, also exited and when back in and kept hitting try again..again..

Tried getting in now and it won't work. It asks if I would like to try again, but the only option is to quit the app. Guess they don't want anyone else trying to get on now.

Edit: Finally got in, tried to order it, and like has been said all the free tickets are gone. If only this would have worked earlier. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone tell me if I'm in or not? For the past 10 minutes, it has been nothing but interviews and highlights. If I press 'B', it asks me if I want to exit the live PPV. I have not seen any live fighting but I'm scared to exit the app. Is this the same thing that everyone else is getting?

[quote name='thetruth1983']Can someone tell me if I'm in or not? For the past 10 minutes, it has been nothing but interviews and highlights. If I press 'B', it asks me if I want to exit the live PPV. I have not seen any live fighting but I'm scared to exit the app. Is this the same thing that everyone else is getting?[/QUOTE]
nope we're in the second fight already

[quote name='thetruth1983']Can someone tell me if I'm in or not? For the past 10 minutes, it has been nothing but interviews and highlights. If I press 'B', it asks me if I want to exit the live PPV. I have not seen any live fighting but I'm scared to exit the app. Is this the same thing that everyone else is getting?[/QUOTE]
Hit B to exit out to the main UFC app page...it should say 141 purchased. Click on that section again and you will get the live fight.

[quote name='GUNNM']nope we're in the second fight already[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy. I took my chance and exited and got back into the live app on the first try!

[quote name='GUNNM']app doesnt even work for me it says its down and exits me out[/QUOTE]
Keep trying, if you can. I tried for literally 30 minutes before it took me into the app.

It's still b.s., but worth a try.

bread's done
Back