(DEAD) 5000 more UFC ppv on Xbox live now

kklems

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
They just released 5 k more free UFC ppv fight tickets. Got to live and enter UFC app. Getting slammed so keep trying. Sorry for typos on iPhone and trying to type quickly

Last edited by a moderator:
Stream was horrible for me. First 30 minutes was okay, but it just continued getting worse and worse. It was dropping down to some incredibly low bitrate where everything was a blurry mess constantly. Then by the time it got to the Brock fight it was stuttering and sitting at "buffering" every 10 seconds or so. This was after the last two events were perfect for me. Glad I got to watch another event for free, but damn was it frustrating.

Like others mentioned the last two test went great so I was a bit surprised to see it fail so hard yesterday. It's Microsoft and the UFC, I don't believe they simply didn't account for the amount of users that wanted in at once and got over loaded, something had to have exploded or ninjas attacked.

I got up to the part to pick HD or SD but after running the test it said the purchasing system wasn't available, after then exiting and entering the app for over an hour maybe two (didn't have shit to do and wanted to see the flapping fight...) it never even let me back in. I know how great the app is so I'm willing to give it another try but the have to do something if they want the new humans to drop $45 via the app.

As far as the fights go they all went the way I expected except for Nate Diaz VS Donald Cerrone.

With the UFC app I missed the first round of the first fight and missed the Lesnar fight but got onto a pc stream in time to at least see that match. Not a good experience overall. I think the people that got the free fight in the future are the ones that got an email confirmation of their purchase.

I think in a way the load yesterday was a good thing because it was a good stress test for future PPV events. I imagine many people will wait until the last hour or two to buy the fight so they can see the strain on the app. I would be pissed if I paid for $54.99 and had that experience so they need to really fine tune things before charging. I imagine each time they will add more viewers until it is ready for prime time

Edited to add
Another thing I noticed today is that I can log into app without a problem but I can't watch the fights from last night like I could with UFC 139 and 140. You used to have 48 hours to rewatch the feeds. Also not a big deal but I noticed that the fight picks were wiped out.

When we were filling out the beta feedback surveys, I told them straight up... it has to be cheaper than cable ppv because there's too much potentially that can go wrong streaming.

My 140 feed had some hiccups that I didn't experience in 139, I thought maybe it had something to do with me testing out pause/rewind functions. Maybe if they incorporated the switchable camera angles like the ufc.tv streams, or really anything that made it superior to cable broadcasts.

[quote name='USB Cable']As far as the fights go they all went the way I expected except for Nate Diaz VS Donald Cerrone.[/QUOTE]

You expected Fitch to get knocked out in 12 seconds?

[quote name='KaneRobot']139 and 140 both were fine for me.[/QUOTE]
Same with me, no problems. Last night was a fucking joke! I had 8 friends over to watch it, we ended up saying fuck it and just bought it through PPV.

bread's done
Back