*DEAD* Alien Anthology Collection [Bluray] ~ Comicon Egg Edition ~ $60 @ eBay

eLefAdEr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
EDIT: edit: DEAL IS DEAD, 760 sold.

Hi guys, my first deal post so be gentle. ;)

Just noticed this in my daily eBay email, thought it looked cool enough that someone here might like to own it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alien-Anthology-Comicon-Egg-Package-Blu-ray-Widescreen-/140763512730

b0d84f50_alienegg800.jpg

Limited quantities.

It's listed on Amazon for nearly $200 new: http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Antholo...339692164&sr=8-1&keywords=alien+anthology+egg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic deal.. this will drive the price on Amazon down significantly though.

I don't love the Alien movies enough to bite, but I'm sure someone else does.

Damn...if I hadn't caved when Best Buy dropped the set to $40, I'd gladly spend the extra $20 for this edition...lame :whistle2:/

Thanks OP! I'm picking this up regardless (I remember contemplating buying it for $100+ when it first released) but does the egg light up? I thought I saw a version that does

[quote name='Scorch']Fantastic deal.. this will drive the price on Amazon down significantly though.[/QUOTE]

Foxconnect had it for like $69.99 through ebay a few months back and it didn't affect the prices. Only 123 of these have been sold so far after being up for several hours, and one person bought 10 of those, so I doubt it's even that well know a deal

For anyone that owns the existing set, the UK set trades in to Amazon for about $11-$12 unsealed/like new condition, the US set trades in around $17 in unsealed/like new condition.

[quote name='shrike4242']For anyone that owns the existing set, the UK set trades in to Amazon for about $11-$12 unsealed/like new condition, the US set trades in around $17 in unsealed/like new condition.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I have the UK version and even though my purchase price was about twice that amount I'm still thinking about trading it in for this. Will ponder it over lunch.

edit: still haven't pulled the trigger. The packaging looks pretty cool but owning the set already makes it tough to justify. 366 sold as of 4:45pm Pacific so it's still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any info on the Sideshow Collectibles $50 Gift card? Like do you have to spend a certain amount or is it just $50 off anything? I just bought it and am curious...

I so want thIs since I don't have any of the movies on bluray but I don't have space to showcase the egg. I don't want to put the egg in storage.

I don't know whether I should buy this or not. The limited edition claim seems to be a load of bullshit. It's 2012, and they still have over 400 copies, while selling at a pace of around 40 an hour? That seems a bit off. There's no way this could have been limited to 5000. It would have sold out in 2010, or early 2011, if that was the case. Still, I don't know...

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Thanks for the info. I have the UK version and even though my purchase price was about twice that amount I'm still thinking about trading it in for this. Will ponder it over lunch.

edit: still haven't pulled the trigger. The packaging looks pretty cool but owning the set already makes it tough to justify. 366 sold as of 4:45pm Pacific so it's still available.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought the UK set a while ago. If I didn't have that, this $60 set would be a no brainer for me.

[quote name='GreyFox787']Damn...if I hadn't caved when Best Buy dropped the set to $40, I'd gladly spend the extra $20 for this edition...lame :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Same with me. Just bought the set this past weekend. If I would have seen this I would have bought it instead. I really don't like the packaging that the discs are stored it but for 20 buck more I wouldn't have cared because I like the egg.

That is mighty nice, i would get it if i didn't already got the box set. Is it me or is that suppose to be a giant egg with a adult alien or an egg with a midget alien?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Dead?[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's dead. I decided to get one just before they sold out. Hopefully I can sell the stupid egg and get the movies cheap. They're sure to run another load of these in a few months. It seems like they've done it multiple times since its initial release, which is why I highly doubt these are limited. But the appeal is defiantly there. Almost 600 sold in under a day.

Man, I can't wait to see Alien.

not dead yet apparently still 59.95.....says more than 10 avail, i got in at midnite last night, thought they were gonna cut it off.......

Just updated the OP with the current stock and # sold... these deals from the eBay 'splash' emails usually last for only 24 hours but I suppose there are exceptions.

[quote name='rogus']Anyone have any info on the Sideshow Collectibles $50 Gift card? Like do you have to spend a certain amount or is it just $50 off anything? I just bought it and am curious...[/QUOTE]

I preordered this set and got it when it came out for full price, and due to some complications with shipping and CS I disputed and got it for free. Long story but anyway onto your question.

The $50 GC expired I believe January 2012, at least it did on my set. You were only able to use it on certain items on the website so I never used mine.

[quote name='merchie89']would definitely buy and probably just give a buddy my UK set, but unfortunately im poor now[/QUOTE]

I was about to post literally the exact same thing... That set is freaking sweet

I ended up grabbing one - I got notice that mine shipped yesterday.

I'll have to display it somewhere but as of yet I have no frigging clue.

Updated thread title and OP with latest status -- deal is dead with 760 sold. Mod(s), feel free to move to the Graveyard.

Congrats to those who picked one up!

[quote name='Zodiac080704']I preordered this set and got it when it came out for full price, and due to some complications with shipping and CS I disputed and got it for free. Long story but anyway onto your question.

The $50 GC expired I believe January 2012, at least it did on my set. You were only able to use it on certain items on the website so I never used mine.[/QUOTE]

It is just like all the Sideshow gift cards. I got one with Terminator 2 Skynet Edition and one that I never even bothered to use with another movie. Like you said you only can pick from certain items that are listed on a page for the gift card. If I remember correctly all or most are more than what the card is for so you do have to spend some money. I remember the lower quality Indiana Jones hat was the only thing that came close to what the gift card was for. I ended up spending 5 bucks out of pocket for it. The gift card I had could have been for less too I don't remember. Also I don't think you can stack the gift cards.

[quote name='king9x']Got mine today, Number 1136 of 5000.

Thanks again, OP.[/QUOTE]

I got mine today too (I orderd two) and they are both mint. I only did a quick inspection---do you have to unseal the set to see the numbering?

[quote name='GBAstar']I got mine today too (I orderd two) and they are both mint. I only did a quick inspection---do you have to unseal the set to see the numbering?[/QUOTE]

The number is clearly visible on the back of the packing without breaking the seal.

[quote name='king9x']The number is clearly visible on the back of the packing without breaking the seal.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain this:

Unit 1: "1230 of 5000"

Unit 2: "Limited to 2500"

Ummm.........

I received the two I ordered, and both have the "Limited to 2500" on the back in place of the "xxxx of 5000." I'm not sure what it means as far as a reprint is concerned, but I'm not very happy at this point.

[quote name='winterlane']I received the two I ordered, and both have the "Limited to 2500" on the back in place of the "xxxx of 5000." I'm not sure what it means as far as a reprint is concerned, but I'm not very happy at this point.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea that's why I asked in the post above yours. I would have to guess that their was a second printing after the initial 5000 but who knows.

According to Fox, only 5,000 units were produced. However, a small number of them were misprinted with the "Limited to 2500" in place of an individual number. This might just be PR spin to cover up the fact that they made more than the initial 5,000 allotment, and I am contemplating returning mine.

bread's done
Back