[Dead] All digital Lowball with some free items *PMS sent*

I always personally took that rule as a what if someone bid 20 bucks on my PS4 but CAG went down for 5 days and that person won type of issue.

But it seems there is a rule that more follows this and that is

#4 - Make it simple for all CAGs! The recommended method is to post that the auction has ended and count all preceeding posts rather than posting a specific time as even the seconds in which a post was made as well as forum post order are sometimes questioned at the end.

Sigh guess this rule very clearly points out at this situation... as much as I hate to go back on me saying who won there does seem to be a rule for this exact thing and I need to follow it....sorry dewd
hey man, its cool! i doubt any of the parties involed could have predicted this scenario.

you still a good dood. lowballs can get sticky and messy without there being a direct fault to lay.

thanks for having an auction in thr first place!

hey man, its cool! i doubt any of the parties involed could have predicted this scenario.

you still a good dood. lowballs can get sticky and messy without there being a direct fault to lay.

thanks for having an auction in thr first place!
No problem and it was a learning experience.

1. Don't have very specific ending times just say around midnight and then post that it ended

2. The rules seem to have odd situations like this in mind so when in doubt just reread it a hundred times

3. Only do digital lowballs as I'm sure mailing things adds way more stress :D

Edit: I added a rule 7 for future uses if I ever get enough digital things to host a lowball again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not happy with the outcome of the lowball, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE WINNER OF 3 MONTHS XBL MEMBERSHIP, you didn't did fair to me, DEWD clearly didn't followed the rules.

According to your rules:

1. Simply type in your max bid for the item(s) in this thread. No PMs. No Emails. Just reply in the forum reply section. This is to keep bids public. Obviously post edits and spoilers hiding bids are NOT acceptable. If you made a mistake in your submission, please post again.
  2. I will update the first page to reflect your bids as often as possible. Feel free to check the latest bids on the last page(s) if you are unsure of the latest update time.
  3. There is no minimum to win any item. You can win them for as little as you bid. So if you bid $1.00 and win it, it's yours for a $1.00 (plus shipping). If someone bids $5 and you outbid them for $10, you may win the item for your $10 bid and pay your bid plus shipping at the end of the sale.
  4. The smallest bid increment is 50 cents
  5. Please note that you will be expected to pay the amount you bid plus appropriate shipping if you have the highest offer at the end. Negative feedback may be left for those who choose not to follow through with payment.
  6. If you place a bid, you are committing to that item. DO NOT place a bid if you do not intend to keep that bid active. While I understand that sometimes unavoidable circumstances arise, if you are fearful that this may happen, please wait to bid on the last day so you know that nothing unexpected occurred!
  7. Any bids made after the post putting all bids to an end will not be counted under any circumstances

So how the hell some can beat me with a bid of .10 cents increment, The bid should be null and void, at least that's what I was thinking, Sorry to say but you didn't followed your own rules :shame:

I am not happy with the outcome of the lowball, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE WINNER OF 3 MONTHS XBL MEMBERSHIP, you didn't did fair to me, DEWD clearly didn't followed the rules.

According to your rules:

1. Simply type in your max bid for the item(s) in this thread. No PMs. No Emails. Just reply in the forum reply section. This is to keep bids public. Obviously post edits and spoilers hiding bids are NOT acceptable. If you made a mistake in your submission, please post again.
  2. I will update the first page to reflect your bids as often as possible. Feel free to check the latest bids on the last page(s) if you are unsure of the latest update time.
  3. There is no minimum to win any item. You can win them for as little as you bid. So if you bid $1.00 and win it, it's yours for a $1.00 (plus shipping). If someone bids $5 and you outbid them for $10, you may win the item for your $10 bid and pay your bid plus shipping at the end of the sale.
  4. The smallest bid increment is 50 cents
  5. Please note that you will be expected to pay the amount you bid plus appropriate shipping if you have the highest offer at the end. Negative feedback may be left for those who choose not to follow through with payment.
  6. If you place a bid, you are committing to that item. DO NOT place a bid if you do not intend to keep that bid active. While I understand that sometimes unavoidable circumstances arise, if you are fearful that this may happen, please wait to bid on the last day so you know that nothing unexpected occurred!
  7. Any bids made after the post putting all bids to an end will not be counted under any circumstances

So how the hell some can beat me with a bid of .10 cents increment, The bid should be null and void, at least that's what I was thinking, Sorry to say but you didn't followed your own rules :shame:
As I mentioned above I changed the rules after the lowball ended for a future lowball. it was a minimum of 10 cents per bid.

Edit: For the entire lowball the rules stated min 10 cents and people abided by that the entire lowball as it was a rule. I'm sorry if you didn't read the rules before or during the auction but that was it and I also went as far to specifically mention the 10 cents in a post a page or two back.

Post in question - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/325125-dead-all-digital-lowball-with-some-free-items-sent-pms-to-all-winners/?p=11402231

Thanks for making it clear, It was my mistake and I completely understand it, Sorry for making a hassle.

Congrats to Dewd for winning and Thanks to Deathfromace for giving us an opportunity to do bidding on such awesome contents.

Thanks for making it clear, It was my mistake and I completely understand it, Sorry for making a hassle.

Congrats to Dewd for winning and Thanks to Deathfromace for giving us an opportunity to do bidding on such awesome contents.

Thank you for understanding and just to make sure I was not trying to come off as rude just wanted to explain the situation :D

For anyone that has paid today/tonight I do not get off work for another 4-5 hrs and once I do I will verify who has all paid and will send the codes to you.

New hopefully smoother lowball just went live.

I don't have many times but wanted to get rid of the ones I do have and give some extra keys away in the process.

Are you just giving those Free Keys away to anyone that wants them?  Or as a free bonus item for people that win? I'd love Shadows, if its the former, but if its the latter, I completely understand.

Then I'd love the key for Shadows, if I could. Lord knows I've entered enough giveaways on Steamgifts (and lost, obviously). It'd be nice to check that one off of my list of games I just can't seem to win.
It might be gone now but it seems you didn't notice I have the codes posted along with the games O.O

It might be gone now but it seems you didn't notice I have the codes posted along with the games O.O
lol, I've been multitasking all day and didn't actually notice that they were listed there. I'm scanning a bunch of childhood photos for my Mom for Mudder's day, so I keep flipping between the scanner and my browser.

The code was still good, though, so thanks a lot! :)

bread's done
Back